Duke4.net Forums: Is there still a chance? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there still a chance?

User is offline   Postal 

Alright, its almost been a year. Is there , or is there not going to be a Duke Nukem Forever. I've heard "there is , blah blah blah " and that it was cancelled and there is no hope to god .

Also, 3dr released that small clip of duke nukem kicking ass a few days before it was cancelled. Like what the fuck you guys suck. Way to get our hopes up then take a dump on our chests.

Only God knows what DNF will end up like.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Where have you been?
Duke Nukem Forever was canceled 12 years ago dude.

Duke Nukem Forever?
Is that a game or something. At my age I start forgetting things from my youth.
Seem to recall something but I thought is was just a myth.

View PostPostal, on Mar 28 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

Alright, its almost been a year. Is there , or is there not going to be a Duke Nukem Forever. I've heard "there is , blah blah blah " and that it was cancelled and there is no hope to god .

Also, 3dr released that small clip of duke nukem kicking ass a few days before it was cancelled. Like what the fuck you guys suck. Way to get our hopes up then take a dump on our chests.

3DR did NOT release a clip a few days before it was cancelled it was a few days after, check first before ranting.
P.S. Other then that i'm starting to agree with you.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 29 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

3DR didn't release anything after May 2009. Former employees of 3DR had content leaked from their sites by nosey snots who wanted a cheap thrill from stealing concept art from portfolios.

Also, DNF was never officially canceled. 3DR never actually closed. They downsized and officially stopped being an internal developer. DNF, much like the original Prey, has been shelved for the time being.

As for content before May 2009. IIRC, the teaser from Christmas '07 was the only video in the last 5+ years. In '08 there were bits of thumbnails etc. I think '08 Christmas we got the wrapping paper incident. Then there was the XBOX Live release of Duke3D which had some screenshots for those who got all the achievements.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 29 2010, 06:43 AM, said:

3DR didn't release anything after May 2009. Former employees of 3DR had content leaked from their sites by nosey snots who wanted a cheap thrill from stealing concept art from portfolios.

Also, DNF was never officially canceled. 3DR never actually closed. They downsized and officially stopped being an internal developer. DNF, much like the original Prey, has been shelved for the time being.

As for content before May 2009. IIRC, the teaser from Christmas '07 was the only video in the last 5+ years. In '08 there were bits of thumbnails etc. I think '08 Christmas we got the wrapping paper incident. Then there was the XBOX Live release of Duke3D which had some screenshots for those who got all the achievements.

First 3DR DID release media after May '09 remember those screenshot in July? and when we say cancelled or 3DR released this or that its just genarliaztion and everyone know what we mean. Second the was a vid released after Xmas '07 remember the Jace Hall footage?

This post has been edited by blackharted: 29 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

• I have the power!

Words matter. People who like to over simplify and use generic or blatantly wrong words fuck up this world. People who aren't careful about what they say are the reason why people are blowing themselves up in crowded market places or why people think we didn't land on the moon among other patently insane things. When you don't cite your sources or use words that don't mean exactly what you want them to mean, shit happens. I don't like shit so I choose my words carefully and I cite my sources as necessary.

According to the exhaustive work of Duke4.net the most recent official media from 3DR about Duke Nukem Forever is from December of '08. The rerelease of Jace Hall footage was a rehash of what we had already seen but slightly longer. That was also not really "official" but was sanctioned.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 29 2010, 09:35 AM, said:

Words matter. People who like to over simplify and use generic or blatantly wrong words fuck up this world. People who aren't careful about what they say are the reason why people are blowing themselves up in crowded market places or why people think we didn't land on the moon among other patently insane things. When you don't cite your sources or use words that don't mean exactly what you want them to mean, shit happens. I don't like shit so I choose my words carefully and I cite my sources as necessary.

According to the exhaustive work of Duke4.net the most recent official media from 3DR about Duke Nukem Forever is from December of '08. The rerelease of Jace Hall footage was a rehash of what we had already seen but slightly longer. That was also not really "official" but was sanctioned.

Right first things first the lastest media offically released by 3DR was the screenshots released in July '09 on facebook by Scott Miller as Duke4 reported, second you say you don't like people who shorten or simplify words, well then stop having a go at me and tell off Postal, i was just explaining why he shortend his words. Thridly the fact that you think people using shortend/slang words leads to "people are blowing themselves up in crowded market places" etc. is laughably stupid.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 29 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

• I have the power!

I said they are the reason why people blow themselves up on crowded market places. A misunderstanding of "sacred" (or scientific) texts is often the result of an oversimplification of those texts and the omission of words that matter. Misunderstandings of texts such as the Qaran or the Bible results in militia groups that want to overthrow a government or raise some holy war. The kids who get brainwashed in to that shit don't know to ask questions (mostly because of their upbringing) and the leaders of these groups are just idiots who don't know how to read texts properly or flat out evil and fanatical.

Scott Miller's Facebook page is borderline official. Considering that there is no official Duke Nukem page on Facebook anymore (mostly because Facebook closed the profile since it isn't a real person) and that those pictures are now only stored on Duke4.net (and not under Official Media) that doesn't count. They had always said that if you didn't hear it from them, it doesn't exist...and "from them" is on the front page.

Mr. Flibble two relative minor points on what you have been saying in here. Actually Scott Miller started the Duke Nukem fanpage back up again, this time as an actual fan page and not a facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Duke-Nukem/1...95.385210757..1

Second the official line on DNF is not that it is shelved but that despite releasing the internal team, it is still in development.

• I have the power!

I was under the impression that Scott did not start that page. I remember seeing once that he commented how it wasn't official or that he didn't create it. May have been a different page or group though.

My mistake on saying "shelved." I suppose I wanted to relate it to Prey which eventually did get released albeit, not in the form it was before (which was freaking awesome). Being officially unofficially in development somewhere is kind of hard to see with confidence, to be honest.

"I was under the impression that Scott did not start that page."

Ahh, okay. You were under the wrong impression then.

"My mistake on saying "shelved." I suppose I wanted to relate it to Prey which eventually did get released albeit, not in the form it was before (which was freaking awesome). Being officially unofficially in development somewhere is kind of hard to see with confidence, to be honest."

Well Scott and 3DR never said anything more than it was in development, they didn't elaborate beyond that at all.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 29 2010, 05:14 PM, said:

I was under the impression that Scott did not start that page. I remember seeing once that he commented how it wasn't official or that he didn't create it. May have been a different page or group though.

Yes, it was a different page. He commented on the 3D Realms fan page which is not operated by them. And if anyone doesn't remember, George posted a link to the official Duke Fan Page on his Twitter a while back asking people to join. If the fan page was created just by someone who had their hands on leaked media, do you think George would support that? <_<

Edit: https://twitter.com/...atus/6214754106

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 29 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Mar 29 2010, 05:38 PM, said:

Yes, it was a different page. He commented on the 3D Realms fan page which is not operated by them. And if anyone doesn't remember, George posted a link to the official Duke Fan Page on his Twitter a while back asking people to join. If the fan page was created just by someone who had their hands on leaked media, do you think George would support that? <_<

Edit: https://twitter.com/...atus/6214754106

Liking your new signature, NUKEMDAVE. <_<

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostUglyNacho, on Mar 29 2010, 07:22 PM, said:

Liking your new signature, NUKEMDAVE. <_<

I wonder why
DNF Truth Movement Members: Bam050196, EvanQuinn1, JobivanHiob, KO Gilligan, MegaMustaine, Nfelli64, NUKEMDAVE, Rockmx8, Saiyuki204, UglyNacho, ultra tree 85!

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 30 2010, 04:56 PM, said:

I wonder why
DNF Truth Movement Members: Bam050196, EvanQuinn1, JobivanHiob, KO Gilligan, MegaMustaine, Nfelli64, NUKEMDAVE, Rockmx8, Saiyuki204, UglyNacho, ultra tree 85!

Really... <_< <_<

Is there still a chance?

Well lets see....snowball meet hell, hell meet snowball
hmm, I can almost guess what happens next.

User is offline   Postal 

Alright, well the way i saw it was, shit went down then they released the demo reel , it still got my hopes up.

Also the whole formspring thing . what does he mean by - Magic 8-Ball says "Concentrate and ask again."

User is offline   Outtagum 

They didn't release the demo reel...

User is offline   Jinroh 

Yes, there was no official Demo Reel from 3DR just that leaked Bryan Brewer one IIRC.

View PostPostal, on Mar 31 2010, 09:21 PM, said:

Alright, well the way i saw it was, shit went down then they released the demo reel , it still got my hopes up.

Also the whole formspring thing . what does he mean by - Magic 8-Ball says "Concentrate and ask again."

What he meant was a sarcastic reply to the question.
Basically he is telling the person asking the question to stop, think of another question unrelated to DNF because he won't answer DNF stuff. Nothing else, no hidden meanings about DNF. Basically a polite f u and ask different question.

View Postwalker4409, on May 8 2010, 12:05 AM, said:

Yes, there is still a chance. A chance to wait another 13 years , a chance to be frustrated to tears again. The latest news from 3drealms are that they claim "the project DNF isnĀ“t dead" The cruel joke goes on, this must be the worst send up in video game history for all times

There's no chance, i'm fed up fucking waiting for DNF, FUCKING FINISH IT NOW!
(Sorry about that, i'm annoyed today)

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 May 2010 - 03:44 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postwalker4409, on May 8 2010, 04:05 AM, said:

Yes, there is still a chance.

Denial is only the first stage of DNF syndrome!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 08 May 2010 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Then spickets, and then gastric implosion. Then there is a slide into an early second childhood, at least the last part is mercifully (for the sufferer, not anyone else) quick.

View PostTea Monster, on May 8 2010, 08:30 AM, said:

Then spickets, and then gastric implosion. Then there is a slide into an early second childhood, at least the last part is mercifully (for the sufferer, not anyone else) quick.

Could you dumb that down

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postblackharted, on May 8 2010, 08:55 AM, said:

Could you dumb that down

Maybe you could start braining it up? :P

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postblackharted, on May 8 2010, 08:55 AM, said:

Could you dumb that down

If you can't see the Mushroom cloud, then you are too close to Ground Zero.

View PostTea Monster, on May 13 2010, 02:03 PM, said:

If you can't see the Mushroom cloud, then you are too close to Ground Zero.

What?

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostDuke Nukem Atomic, on Mar 29 2010, 12:22 AM, said:

Only God knows what DNF will end up like.

Exactly. And from what I know, it's highly likely gonna make it. Hang on and hold on little longer. Duke is coming, and the Trailer Will Be A Clear Message To Halo. :(

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options