Duke4.net Forums: Can't get Gamepad to work - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't get Gamepad to work

User is offline   grallis 

Hey all, one more problem - No matter which gamepad I've tried, I can't get them to work with EDuke32. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance <_<

User is offline   SwissCm 

Gamepad/Joystick support in Duke3D has always been pretty awful. You're better off using Keyboard/Mouse.

Great, thanks for the reply! I thought maybe it had been rewritten.

Yeah, it does need a rewrite, the control code in general is rather inflexible and crappy. I'm pretty sure it's still not possible to have analogue movement along with mouselook. Even the XBOX Live Arcade port suffers from this.

Thanks for the great answer <_<

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

As awful as it is, it should still somewhat work. Try setting `in_joystick 1` in the console (and attach eduke32.log).

Joystick is terrible, even if you can get it working. You're better off playing the old fashioned way and just use the keyboard only. Thats the only way I roll. <_<

I have a HTPC and although I do have a keyboard/mouse hooked up to it (actually a keyboard and trackball combo wireless keyboard) it is far more comfortable to use a gamepad when on a couch. I do just fine playing Doom 1/2 on Ultra Violence with Fast Monsters with an XBOX controller.

Hah keyboard only what. Even the original Doom (original executable) is better off being played with keyboard+mouse.

This post has been edited by SwissCm: 03 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

Well those old games have that auto aim for the Y-Axis so I am just too lazy to aim myself. So I just use the keyboard. Which games like Doom, you can play one handed with the arrow keys, enter, and the control key.

View PostAndrew Hunt, on Apr 6 2010, 01:03 AM, said:

Well those old games have that auto aim for the Y-Axis so I am just too lazy to aim myself. So I just use the keyboard. Which games like Doom, you can play one handed with the arrow keys, enter, and the control key.

You masturbate while playing Doom?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options