Duke4.net Forums: LIGHTING TROUBLES! Help please! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LIGHTING TROUBLES! Help please!

User is offline   quiksteven 

Hey everyone!

I'm having some issues with lights, I'll just explain what I'm doing and I'm sure you'll all realise the problem from that!

I want to make a 'metal detector' that when you walk through it it sets off an alarm. I wanted to make all the sectors turn red, have a few respawns and a couple of walls close down. I also have made a switch to change everything back to normal.

The problem I'm having is getting the lights to change when the touchplate is activated.

Now i dont know if its actually possible, but if not, why not!!!?!??!

If anyone knows how to do it then great! If not im open to alternative ways to go about it.

Thank you for any help!

Steve-o

I used something in my Ragnarok map.

Unfortunately the only way you can trigger something like this via a standard means (no mods) is to have an explosion sector.

So what needs to be done, and I'll use very simple tags to prove it. In the touchplate sector, lets tag it a 1.

In a remote isolated sector, you need a seenine (0,1), SectorEffectors (1,3) and (1,13), a MasterSwitch (0,1), and an activator (0,1).

One of the walls needs to be a active light wall (a light texture, tagged (1,0), and hitscan sensitivity on). Basically the touchplate will blast the light and then turn the light into a flickering light. So add the same sector effectors in the area you want.

The drawback is, it will be flickering red. Not turning it red. Lightswitches cannot be activated easily by touchplate means. I would try something else with that area, possibly have an explosion nearby when you walk though the metal detector.

Another idea, if you can make it work that I never done, is to have a touchplate sensitive remote door. Using the "Up open door lights (se 8) and a remote sector. But then the player can walk back and forth though it and it would switch each time. Place them in a remote sector then add the same sector effectors in the are you want to try. Then you could try a 1 way blocked wall so you can pass through the scanner but not walk back through.

Just gotta think creatively. I even tried using shooter sprites to activate remote switches, but that failed miserably.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options