Duke4.net Forums: Shock and Awesome this Summer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shock and Awesome this Summer!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Mar 22 2010, 10:17 AM, said:

Critical Mass on March 30....this is in 8 days. I don't think so. There was no marketing before. Where did you read this March 30 in Europe (or Poland) rumor????

I heard it from two different people on YouTube. Here: I'll post their comments:

"I recently contacted GAME, a UK version of Gamestop, and asked then if Duke Nukem Critical Mass was delayed, the guy on the phone checked the day book, and told me it is coming out on March 30th. It may be delayed in America for a while, the company developing the game are Polish, and said they want to
release in Europe first"

- AtomicScout

"Sadly the US version has been delayed...but the European version is scheduled to come out at the end of this month."

- obacat

You have a good point about the marketing thing. However, I never do see big marketing for handheld games anymore, at least not on TV here in the US. I'm sure there will be ads, etc., making their presence soon if it really is getting ready to come out.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Protip: Cite YouTube comments because those are always reliable. <_<

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Mar 22 2010, 05:38 PM, said:

this is what this thread needs! Some COOL. Like this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cz2ET5K6zY0

This is all proof that "Drugs are bad kids, M-Kay?"

And I don't mean the film clip....

• Polymancer

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Duke-Nukem...-Mass/~r346632/

Notice there is no cover artwork and we are "supposedly" 1 week from release.

Also, the page says that the release date is "TBC"

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostTea Monster, on Mar 23 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Duke-Nukem...-Mass/~r346632/

Notice there is no cover artwork and we are "supposedly" 1 week from release.

Also, the page says that the release date is "TBC"

I live in the UK and Game are shit for updating old listings on their site. If it isn't Halo or Gears or some other shovelware crap then it is "TBC"
I am actually good friends with the manager of the game store in our town, if he knows something he will tell me. I will ask him when i go to drop my trade-ins tomorrow.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I'd be absolutely stunned beyond belief if DN: Critical Mass is released at the end of this month, whether it be in Europe only or anywhere else in the world.

I'm aware that handheld titles don't have nearly as big a marketing fanfare as console games(as mentioned above), but still......this is DUKE NUKEM, ffs.

Are you trying to tell me one of the biggest names in gaming *ever* has a new entry ready for the first time in literally years, we're a week away and we haven't yet heard diddly squat?!?!

Give me a break.

If Duke Nukem: CM hits retail this March or even early April, I'll seriously eat my underwear, kaiser-style.

The advertised March 30th release claim is faker than a stripper's tits......same as when ebay, Amazon, etc. would put DNF up for preorder and give bullshit ship dates for the sake of snagging your $.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 23 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

• I have the power!

I'm pretty sure the Duke3D on iPhone was released without any fanfare...believe it or not, not everyone masturbates to Duke every night before going to bed in their Duke Nukem sheets.

View PostDuke Rocks, on Mar 23 2010, 06:26 PM, said:

same as when ebay, Amazon, etc. would put DNF up for preorder and give bullshit ship dates for the sake of snagging your $.

Bad example. About the same time the XBLA shots were posted on the 3DR forums i pre ordered DNF on amazon since things looked promising and they had a new release date up. They still have not taken any money from me. And ebay is an auction site. They do not take pre orders of games. They do not even sell games other users do.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 23 2010, 07:55 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the Duke3D on iPhone was released without any fanfare...believe it or not, not everyone masturbates to Duke every night before going to bed in their Duke Nukem sheets.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Duke was the be-all-and-end-all of life, wiseguy. But you'd be flat-out stupid to deny that Duke Nukem is/was one of the most prolific IPs in the history of videogaming, which IS what I originally stated.

Iphone apps use different(i.e. zero) marketing ploys than PSP games.

Even "smaller" PSP games which aren't based on huge franchises(a la Duke), make a bigger splash so close to an alleged release.

And iphone Duke 3D was a simple pixel-for-pixel port of an ancient game that just about everyone had already played. Critical Mass is a brand new adventure using modern tech. You'd be naive to compare the two in this circumstance, as you would be to believe that Critical Mass stands a chance in hell of being released within the upcoming weeks.

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 23 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

Bad example. About the same time the XBLA shots were posted on the 3DR forums i pre ordered DNF on amazon since things looked promising and they had a new release date up. They still have not taken any money from me. And ebay is an auction site. They do not take pre orders of games. They do not even sell games other users do.

I was just repeating verbatim what it states (or stated) on the 3DR DNF webpage, iirc. Regardless of whether the specific examples I used were accurate, the overall point I was making was clear as day and quite legit. <_<

• I have the power!

View PostDuke Rocks, on Mar 24 2010, 04:51 AM, said:

But you'd be flat-out stupid to deny that Duke Nukem is/was one of the most prolific IPs in the history of videogaming,

False. It was a big IP 10~20 years ago. Most people stopped talking about Duke Nukem after 3DR went in the media blackout and then even fewer people talk about it after they went broke and closed down. Duke is a pre console game. Its ancient, its archaic, the franchise is all but dead. It is something you reference so your older audience gets a chuckle. Duke Nukem is not that big of a deal anymore.

A PSP release is hardly a big deal...sure handhelds are the way of our dystopian future, but it isn't a major console release.

User is offline   lawl 

In September we will see a new DNF trailer.

View PostAtlas555, on Mar 24 2010, 07:17 AM, said:

In September we will see a new DNF trailer.

Yeah, and then DNF will be released in October <_<

Well these people that have been told the release date by game are getting stitched up. I spoke with the manager of our game store today and he knows nothing about it. They have NOT been given a release date yet.

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 24 2010, 10:27 AM, said:

Well these people that have been told the release date by game are getting stitched up. I spoke with the manager of our game store today and he knows nothing about it. They have NOT been given a release date yet.

Well, That's disappointing <_<

I can confirm that their books say TBC, and then the guy tried shoving points cards and all kinds of crap on me.

Yeah that is Game for you. Before my friend became the manager of our store i had to deal with that all the time. Also whenever i went in to by a new game i was always constantly offered a pre-owned copy. Really annoying when you state you want it new.
Anyway i have my own views on DNT just look at my sig. And that website preview means nothing. It has been stated that the url exists. Well that also means nothing. For example http://dukenukemforever.com/
Though i do think we have more chance of DNT coming out than DNF.

• Polymancer

I'm thinking that the PSP game will come out some time this year. All Duke fans are kind of gun-shy on the whole 'Dee-Ee-El-Ay-Wye' word thing.

I don't care if a lot of people think that it isn't a 'real' game. I'm still looking forward to going into a store and buying a new Duke game for the first time since I purchased the Atomic Edition. I did have a copy of the Manhattan Project, but I got that at discount at a local supermarket.

Disruptor - Yeah, Game (sorry, "GAME") does suck. I went in there with my wife to grab an X-Box and I asked the woman what the difference was between the regular and Elite models. She didn't even bat an eye lid, but came back with "They are just better, OK?" It took some effort to contain myself in the store. Thinking about it afterwards, I should really have just laughed out loud in her face.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 25 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 24 2010, 10:27 AM, said:

It looks like they aren't making DNT anymore i went on to there website and it seems they have moved on to another project "Arena Morte" instead and it say its going to come out in Fall 2010. This could be why there hasn't been any news on DNT because they are focusing on that and have adbanoned DNT which could explain the total news blackout and why they haven't bothered to update the expected date on thier site.
The website i'm talking about is Frontlines' ovbiously (just to head off any questions)

This post has been edited by blackharted: 25 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

Game Company's can Develop more than one game at the same time Buddy, If DNT was cancelled, Apogee would of said so.

Yeah, just like they'd tell us if it was delayed... oh...
I still think it is being worked on though.

View PostDuke Nukem Atomic, on Mar 25 2010, 02:48 PM, said:

If DNT was cancelled, Apogee would of said so.

You actually believe that?
So how long until Fall 2009?

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 26 2010, 01:23 AM, said:

You actually believe that?
So how long until Fall 2009?

Well said

I vote this as the official promo poster for this thread.
-
http://www.motivated...rc=rss&id=62588

View Postcanada4duke, on Mar 26 2010, 07:51 AM, said:

-

lol

View Postcanada4duke, on Mar 26 2010, 07:51 AM, said:

-

Fuck off yourself

View Postblackharted, on Mar 27 2010, 06:46 AM, said:

Fuck off yourself

You need to Shut up.

User is offline   Outtagum 

lmao. Someone is taking that poster a bit too personal.

This post has been edited by Zor: 27 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

• I have the power!

Did you know that a "shocker" is a sexual maneuver in which a person puts 2 fingers in the <_< hole and 1 finger in the <_< :P ?

User is offline   Outtagum 

Is it also awesome? <_<

View PostDuke Nukem Atomic, on Mar 27 2010, 08:00 AM, said:

You need to Shut up.

YOU need to fuck off

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options