Duke4.net Forums: ROR via Cons [Beta] - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ROR via Cons [Beta]

User is offline   m210® 

Today I complete my version of ROR for eDuke32 but it have a many bugs and it works at Soft render only.
1. I don't know why showview command doesn's works if player have a long distance from ROR.
2. Second ROR on map doesn't works correctly too.
3. ROR not works at adjoin sectors if eduke32 working on polymost render and with polymer render showview not works!

TX, Plagman, can you fix showview command for polymost/polymer?
And who can helps me to optimize my code? DT, can you help me?

My mod: http://m210.duke4.ne...ns/ROR_beta.rar
For play, start a ror.map

I want to have ROR at eduke32. It need me so much!

This post has been edited by M210: 13 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   lawl 

I will test it tomorrow.

User is offline   Lunick 

Ok So I open you Ror map using the cons included, when I get to the areas with arrows, I have no clue where to go?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostM210, on Mar 13 2010, 12:48 PM, said:

And who can helps me to optimize my code? DT, can you help me?

Doesn't CraigFatman already have an advanced version of this? Besides, I am not interested in a feature that only works in the software renderer, sorry.

I've tested it, and I must say I am impressed. What really impresses me is that the framerate stays the same even with two rooms in view. Something just seems awesome about seeing that in the 8-Bit mode, it's like looking at something impossible, my eyes are like "I can't be seeing that can I?" - I'm calling witchcraft on this.

Here's something that I bet nobody else would have noticed... but it doesn't matter, so there's no need to fix it; if you use the look left/right keys the game kinda draws two rooms - nobody uses those though, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.

If that showview command is really broken I might have to kill myself, I was using 3D Skyboxes and I redesigned some maps for something I was working on because I assumed that compatibility was broken and not the command. basically I'm not going off topic, I'm just seconding that that command IS broken.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostLunick, on Mar 14 2010, 01:14 AM, said:

Ok So I open you Ror map using the cons included, when I get to the areas with arrows, I have no clue where to go?

It's just a demo-map <_<

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 14 2010, 01:17 AM, said:

Doesn't CraigFatman already have an advanced version of this? Besides, I am not interested in a feature that only works in the software renderer, sorry.

CraigFatman have a more powerful verison of ROR, but I'm don't saw his ROR at game, just on screenshots. He sad that it have a bugs too.

That ROR doesn't works at polymost because showview command have differend processing, but may be TX can help to change something and it's will be works at polymost. I want it too and software render isn't interested to me too

This post has been edited by M210: 13 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostM210, on Mar 14 2010, 09:28 AM, said:

It's just a demo-map <_<

I was just thinking that lol makes more sense now

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHigh Treason, on Mar 14 2010, 01:22 AM, said:

Here's something that I bet nobody else would have noticed... but it doesn't matter, so there's no need to fix it; if you use the look left/right keys the game kinda draws two rooms - nobody uses those though, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Yeah, I knew about this problem. I like to test other codes with the non-standard ways <_<
This command works fine for 3dSkybox because the camerahoriz parametre isn't important and there is no coordination on scale of skybox and general room.
but I don't know why it works at adjoin sectors and doesn't at my code

This post has been edited by M210: 13 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

Pretty cool. <_< I was able to see the other room in all but the 2nd room. That one I only got HOM.

Awesome though hehe. Keep it up. <_<

User is offline   CruX 

Kinda the same as Jinroh, I got HOM in two of the rooms, but the last one from the second floor worked. It was pretty cool, but it definitely needs some work.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Quite amazing what can be achieved with relatively little CON code. Doing a quick glance at your code I found some places I found problematic (I'll report tomorrow, it's too late here right now.) Although I think that a C implementation along with a new map format would be the way to go, stuff like this has its place for doing BUILDish non-real-world tricks IMO (like making the floor "connected" to the ceiling of the same sector for a "record your TV screen and feed it back" effect).

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 14 2010, 01:17 AM, said:

Doesn't CraigFatman already have an advanced version of this?

I gave M210 some advices for making a ROR implementation yesterday. However, making this in Build seems to be a real pain in the ass even for me. <_<

And here are some features definitely needed for showview function:
Full screen coordinates (0, 0, 320, 200) are valid
Correct work with tilted screen (rotscrnang != 0)
Capability of zooming (so far FOV is fixed to 90 degrees)
Correct interpolations (moving sprites still appear jerky)

Render-to-texture feature would be cool as well.

Quite impressive, keep it up.

User is offline   m210® 

Yeap, I try to do something:) I have a some ideas how to optimize my code <_<

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Man, "fixing" it is harder than I thought... basically my comment was referring to the fact that sprite indices start at 0, and that this would be possibly the cause for some of the pairs not rendering, but it seems it's deeper than that. Sorry for the fuss.

User is offline   m210® 

Well, I have found my some errors and set up a framerate in 1.5 times than my first RORcode

This post has been edited by M210: 14 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   m210® 

I'm optimized my code. But it have a bugs too. Beta2.
http://m210.duke4.ne...s/ROR_beta2.rar

This post has been edited by M210: 17 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

Wow! That's much much better than the last one.

I could not get HOM unless I was really trying and it was only one time. <_<

User is offline   m210® 

Why showview doesn't drawn at EVENT_DISPLAYROOM with playing eDuke32 with Polymost render?

User is offline   Spiker 

Pity it looks good only in 8bit:(

User is offline   m210® 

Has a bit raised framerate and has corrected blinking in some ROR sectors. Now it work fine at software render,
but I don't know how to force to work ROR at polymost yet. Have you any ideas?

This post has been edited by M210: 21 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I made a video with some bugs in my ROR and how it works in software/polymost renders
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6VLAOdWt578
and, i think, it is my last archive with the code
http://m210.duke4.ne...s/ROR_beta3.rar

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options