Duke4.net Forums: SoS issues - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SoS issues  "a problem with sector over sector mapping"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm experimenting with making a level with a decent amount of Sector over Sector, so I made this area.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see in the first image, the SoS works fine, except for the wall sticking out the top, which can only be seen from this side. The second photo is looking from the other side from the top of the stairs, directly over the top sector.

The SoS works perfectly ingame except for that wall, which is very annoying. Perhaps there's another way of joining/forming the second second sector that doesn't create the wall?

I've attached the map from the images.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  rorr.zip (4.37K)
    Number of downloads: 109

I had a look in mapster 32, its buggy as hell. I suggest you keep experimenting, your best option is always to use white walls and make sure you cant view both the top area and bottom area at the same time. Or to use sprites, that would be the best option for that area.

• Honored Donor

But I'm trying to do SoS that can be viewed at the same time, since polymer is able to render it properly. The only problem is that wall. I was under the impression DanM is doing something like this in DNE, so I believe it's possible.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

These defnitely don't look like valid build maps. You shouldn't rely on Polymer drawing them like you want it to since it might change in the future.

• Honored Donor

Woe is me... Anyway thanks for replying.

Is there some kind of mapping that that focuses on/has a large section on SoS mapping? I know I've got a long way to go but I hope to be able to do something like the RoR in Derelict (e4l9) eventually.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

http://dukerepositor...maps/WGSecretV5

This map here has a lot of SOS effects in it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options