Duke4.net Forums: Random Gaming News - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random Gaming News

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

This thread is for small gaming news that isn't important enough to get its own thread (or else the forum would be flooded with silly threads B)).
So if you have a small bit of information, post it all in this thread. Discussion of the news is allowed of course.

I'll start:

Area 51, an Xbox game that got ported to the PC as a mediocre first person shooter is getting a sequel: Area 52 B) :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Haha, what a name... Area 52... :)

A trailer of UT 2007 has been released...
It's available pretty much anywhere you could think of... (popular sites)
Check out filefront, fileshack, or something to find them, or just search on google...

Or check out 3DR's forums, wwhere Burpy has provided links for it...

Kane will be back in Command & Conquer 3, whoever he is. There is a trailer out about him too.

Halo 2 PC screenshots

http://www.gamer.nl/doc/34335

User is offline   Hugo 

Cerberus_e, on Aug 23 2006, 07:21 PM, said:

Kane will be back in Command & Conquer 3, whoever he is. There is a trailer out about him too.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you don't know who Kane is ? He's the evil leader of the NOD team.
It's quite big news that he's back!

other news :

No Xbox PAL Version of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon!

This is probably due the fact that most people have an xbox360 these days,
at least I'm hoping that there's going to be a PAL xbox360 version.

Hugo, on Aug 28 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

you don't know who Kane is ? He's the evil leader of the NOD team.
It's quite big news that he's back!

That's because I only played the Red Alert games when I wrote that, but in anticipation of C&C3 I'm playing all Command & Conquers now B) :)
So by now I know who he is, but I know nothing about his evil plan though, I look forward to have that uncovered in the game B)

Hugo, on Aug 28 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

No Xbox PAL Version of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon!

This is probably due the fact that most people have an xbox360 these days,
at least I'm hoping that there's going to be a PAL xbox360 version.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the difference? Sorry, I'm not at home in the console world B)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I'm not at home in the console world

Stay away from it, don't turn to the dark side. :)

In other news:

MechCommander, MechCommander 2 and MechCommander Gold
are available for free on Mechcommander.org

MC2 is worth trying if you haven't played it before.

PC Assassin's Creed?
This is indeed confirmed in the new issue of PC Gamer UK, in a rather fetching four-page preview of the PC version.

:)

It's being developed by the Prince of Persia team so how can it fail? B)

*ehem* *ehem*
*turns on loudspeakers*

TOMORROW DEMO OF F.E.A.R.: EXTRACTION POINT!

I hope this was clear and to the point :)

User is offline   Micki! 

B)

[edit:]
^^
We need that one :)

User is offline   Hugo 

Cerberus_e, on Aug 28 2006, 03:50 PM, said:

That's because I only played the Red Alert games when I wrote that, but in anticipation of C&C3 I'm playing all Command & Conquers now B) :)
So by now I know who he is, but I know nothing about his evil plan though, I look forward to have that uncovered in the game B)
What is the difference? Sorry, I'm not at home in the console world B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, because of the fact that Europe and USA have different TV's/voltage there are different consoles/games.

PAL = Europe version
NTSC = USA version

So no PAL version release, means I can't play the game (since I live in Europe).

----------
new GTA shots released for PSP

Posted Image
Posted Image

thought they were rather nice looking for a handheld game B)

New first person shooter announced: History Channels: Civil War

http://www.gamer.nl/doc/34772

OBJECTIVE: This first person shooter takes place in the civil war and will make detailled remakes of big battlefields (The famous Gettysburg, ...). It'll be a combination between guns and melee fights.
SUBJECTIVE: Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa another wild west FPS! And this one looks like it will play like Call of Duty :) The game looks a bit like Call of Juarez... let's hope it doesn't run on the same engine B) I might learn something from this game... after all I have NEVER heard about Gettysburg B)

http://pc.ign.com/ar...7/737610p1.html

Even if it doesn't contain any new information.

I don't get the big fuss over that games developmetn time, I mean that article mentions that the game has been in development for five years, but so where Quake 4 and Prey, Doom 3 was 4, HL2 was 6+ years etc.

That is really the standard for such games these games, or atleast it is quickly becoming that way. Especially with next gen games. Content creation becomes increasingly harder. Especially with Normal Maps and the like.

Stalker even has got an engine written from scratch.

Ofcourse arguably they made the same mistake as 3DR and announced the game too early.

I 100% agree with you, I only posted that article for the abnormal amount of people that see the game as "vapourware".

What I get even less is how people claim this game is a "straight FPS" after the changes got announced. You have to be really dumb to claim this game is a straight FPS :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Finally not too long till FEAR EP and Dark Messiah are released...
I'm looking forward to these :)

Cerberus_e, on Oct 8 2006, 12:57 PM, said:

I 100% agree with you, I only posted that article for the abnormal amount of people that see the game as "vapourware".

What I get even less is how people claim this game is a "straight FPS" after the changes got announced. You have to be really dumb to claim this game is a straight FPS :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, I wasn't really commenting on your post but about what was said in that article.

Also I forgot to mention TF2 in my reply by the time of its release it will have been in development for 10 years. But Valve is been cut alot more slack that GSC Gameworld(or 3D Realms for that matter) who have taken 5 years to make their game.

That is half the time.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Not really a big news. Stalker-Portal interviewed Atem [GSC] asking about PR campaign and why there's no new media. So basicly campaign hasn't started yet but it will aprox in 1.5 month and will last for 3 months (previously it was meant to last for 6 months).

That means that possibly we're 4.5 months away from the release. Sounds logical, considering that THQ fixed release as Q1 2007 four months ago, also 3 months of advertising is sounds better than 6 months, especially for a title that most people know about.

User is offline   avatar_58 

I saw that STALKER interview posted elsewhere on shacknews. I don't like how he answered some of those questions.....he basically brushed off whether the game is different or unique and said "What games are ever different?" what kind of answer is that? If STALKER is just some run of the mill FPS then that is very dissapointing.

He also downplayed the AI when it was clearly one of STALKERs main points early in development. I hope the scripting makes up for it, because it would be kind of odd to just see ordinary unimpressive AI when they were clearly going for something more.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

avatar_58, on Oct 8 2006, 01:52 PM, said:

I saw that STALKER interview posted elsewhere on shacknews. I don't like how he answered some of those questions.....he basically brushed off whether the game is different or unique and said "What games are ever different?" what kind of answer is that? If STALKER is just some run of the mill FPS then that is very dissapointing.

He also downplayed the AI when it was clearly one of STALKERs main points early in development. I hope the scripting makes up for it, because it would be kind of odd to just see ordinary unimpressive AI when they were clearly going for something more.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Atem is from GSC. Interview you're refering to was with Dean Sharpe from THQ. Just to let you know, he's just a retarted moron that don't know a thing about the game. Most of his statements needed refutation from Oleg Yavorsky (GSC). For example, it seems that he's not even sure about his role: at E3 he said that he came to fix the game, then in interview with oblivion-lost team, he said that he came to keep contact between GSC and THQ, and that there were no problems with stalker. He said that eating has been removed, yet Oleg Yavorsky and some other unspecified guys from GSC say hunger is still in. He said that he considered removing vehicles, yet it was never the case.

Since he's in charge it seems that he's only goal is to misinform and piss community off. The wrost thing is that you can't really say which of his statements are true and which are not. Only the release can reveal the truth, I'm afraid.

But ok, that's outside the topic.

User is offline   Micki! 

A new 1.08 Patch for both the full version of FEAR, and the Multiplayer-only version FEAR Combat, is now available

Change-log:

*Added ability to pick up and reuse Proximity Mines and Remote Detonators that were thrown by yourself.

*Limited support for Spectator Mode in objective (CTF, Conquer All, and Control) game modes.

*Added code to improve spawn with buddies system in team game modes. Will be noticeable only in Stockpile and custom maps.

*Player kill/death messages are now shown in both system and chat messages. Player kills and deaths will only be displayed in the system message area.

*Added widescreen support. (yay)

*Fixed bug where FEAR.exe would not always start when switching from FEARMP.exe to FEAR.exe.

*Fixed bug where trying to start a game for the first time after switching from multiplayer to singleplayer would give a "Disconnected from Server" error.

Here's some websites where it is currently available:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/7841/F.E.A...1.08+Patch+-+US
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=35739
http://www.gameborde....E.A.R.%20patch

Cool, we can pick up our own thrown traps :)

Isn't this random gaming news? :) Seems kind of silly for a new thread.

User is offline   Micki! 

Cerberus_e, on Oct 22 2006, 09:04 PM, said:

Isn't this random gaming news? B) Seems kind of silly for a new thread.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, i just merged them...

I totally forgot all about this thread... i just copied the whole same thread i made at 3DR, and posted it here... :)

Anyways, i've had fun with this game... it's a pretty nice feature, to be able to pick up your own proxy mines and remote bombs...

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

I've recently started development on a 2D sidescroller title.

http://www.shallowgravesoftware.net/

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

Rockstar has just put up a website that has a countdown to the first ever trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV. :)

Gta IV website-
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Article on Gamespot-
http://www.gamespot....tml?sid=6166642

Any news on a PC version?

• Honored Donor

View PostCerberus_e, on Mar 4 2007, 04:29 AM, said:

Any news on a PC version?

No, unfortunately I haven't seen anything about a pc version of the game. :) I guess it'll probably be released for the pc sometime in 2008. They usually release the pc versions of the GTA games about a year later.

I just saw a Bioshock video. I wonder if I'll be able to run it. Is there already a decent demo out there running on UE3? I don't mean RoboBlitz with decent of course or whatever the name is again :)

• Honored Donor

The Grand Theft Auto IV trailer came out yesterday- :)

Gamespot article-

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gra...updates;title;1

Official Site-

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options