Duke4.net Forums: I don't want Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I don't want Duke Nukem Forever

Poll: Do you Even care about DNF anymore? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you even care about DNF anymore?

  1. Yes, I still spend my worthless life waiting, in hopes that it will come out one day. (35 votes [49.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 49.30%

  2. No, I'm sick of hearing about DNF and wish the whole thing would die and move on already. (36 votes [50.70%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#1

I don't want Duke Nukem Forever. That's it, that's all I have to say about it. I don't want the game. I don't care about hearing the details, I don't care how many levels it has or how new the graphics look. I just fucking don't want Duke Nukem Forever.















it had to be done


This post has been edited by The Commander: 14 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

-1

#2

* unrealsuxx changes his name to dnfsuxx
0

User is offline   necroslut 

#3

You're stupid!
0

User is offline   Spiker 

#4

I don't want it too!
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#5

I had to add a poll. :lol:
0

#6

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 13 2010, 07:28 PM, said:

I don't want Duke Nukem Forever. That's it, that's all I have to say about it. I don't want the game. I don't care about hearing the details, I don't care how many levels it has or how new the graphics look. I just fucking don't want Duke Nukem Forever.

Well FUCK OFF THEN













it had to be done

0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#7

Not going to happen.
0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#8

I actually don't want to see what the finished product for DNF would be like either. It would put too much focus on the graphics and not enough on the gameplay, as all of the FPS releases seem to do lately. Finishing the game in less than four hours is no longer unheard of.

Oh, and not to mention that if the game were episodic, we'd have to buy all the episodes separately.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 14 February 2010 - 09:26 AM

0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#9

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on Feb 15 2010, 06:26 AM, said:

It would put too much focus on the graphics and not enough on the gameplay, as all of the FPS releases seem to do lately.

Yes, this would be correct. No matter how much the fan boys are going to expect it to play like DN3D I believe that it won't be anything like it in terms of game play.
0

User is offline   Sangman 

#10

Well shit Commander, for a guy who's not caring you do make quite a few topics about it. Let's just stick to stupid comments in other threads mkay :lol:
0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

#11

Anyone who votes or post in this section must care.
0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#12

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 14 2010, 02:18 PM, said:

Anyone who votes or post in this section must care.


I'm just here for the free trolls.
0

User is offline   Spiker 

#13

Seems like the trolls got bored.
0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

#14

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on Feb 14 2010, 05:45 PM, said:

I'm just here for the free trolls.


I'm here because i enjoy trolling Disruptor :lol:

And i kinda care.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 14 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#15

This poll is quite interesting to me...
0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#16

I don't want it either, because the textures look like regurgitated diarrhea, the art style looks like it's taken straight out of puzzle bobble and the walking animations look like they used Winston Chruchil as their MoCap actor. If that wasn't enough, the rendering engine looks like it's a plugin for mspaint...From what I understood when unreal engine 3 came out they took the unreal 2 engine and improved it to an almost unreal engine 3 quality, very smart job for their brains I am sure! The engine looks so bad that they can successfully say they managed to turn "unreal engine 2" into "veryunreal engine 2"
As for staying true to their duke 3d characters it's pointless to even debate, I mean just look at the pigcops that looks like werewolves or better said werepigs. I think Duke is the only decent looking character in DNF but too bad you never get to see him unless you find some mirrors or something...
Just look a bit at all the media released from this game and then ask yourself if you haven't already seen unreal engine 3 MODS that are better than this!
Of course you had, I can even point out a shitload of unreal tournament 3 tc mods that look millions of times better than this game.
There are so many people out there that could imagine a sequel to duke 3d and make a tc mod, and the chances are it would be 100 times better than what these fags are doing at 3drealms. There are MODS which represent much more ambitious projects than this game. There have been much better games that have taken less than a year to make. This game is a joke at all levels.
Just imagine if somebody would tell you that everything you saw from this game until now is actually another game that is not related to duke nukem.
What would you do if you found out that everything you saw until now is actually from a wii spoof of DNF called something like "The Amazing Adventures of Uncut Penis Pork and friends" or "The adventures of splattered Broussard and mr Windshield"?
I will tell you what you would do, you would start seeing the game for what it is, that's what you will do.
This game is not worth shit and deep inside your black and dirty internet e-penis masks you all agree with me and you feel disappointed.
The only reason this media is worth anything is because of it's Hype that surrounds it's name. The only cool thing about that media is it's DNF name!
Dnf has been associated with an upcoming game that would kick ass and make every duke 3d fan happy, yet all that has been shown until now is nothing of the sorts. If the media leaked or not would have REALLY been cool, everybody here would twist the knife in their necks and would suffer from depigmentation caused by massive amounts of frustration and stress, yet people are making topics like this which indicates the true quality of the game in the eyes of true fans.



You know what I think the real reason for this trial is? I think that take two saw the game and said. What the fuck is this piece of childish broken ugly shit? Are you trying to even sell this mess? After 12 years all you did is ranibow colored shit? That's it! We don't want to work with anymore, you can talk to our lawyers from now on you retards!

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 14 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

0

#17

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 08:13 PM, said:

I don't want it either, because the textures look like regurgitated diarrhea, the art style looks like it's taken straight out of puzzle bobble and the walking animations look like they used Winston Chruchil as their MoCap actor. If that wasn't enough, the rendering engine looks like it's a plugin for mspaint...From what I understood when unreal engine 3 came out they took the unreal 2 engine and improved it to an almost unreal engine 3 quality, very smart job for their brains I am sure! The engine looks so bad that they can successfully say they managed to turn "unreal engine 2" into "veryunreal engine 2"
As for staying true to their duke 3d characters it's pointless to even debate, I mean just look at the pigcops that looks like werewolves or better said werepigs. I think Duke is the only decent looking character in DNF but too bad you never get to see him unless you find some mirrors or something...
Just look a bit at all the media released from this game and then ask yourself if you haven't already seen unreal engine 3 MODS that are better than this!
Of course you had, I can even point out a shitload of unreal tournament 3 tc mods that look millions of times better than this game.
There are so many people out there that could imagine a sequel to duke 3d and make a tc mod, and the chances are it would be 100 times better than what these fags are doing at 3drealms. There are MODS which represent much more ambitious projects than this game. There have been much better games that have taken less than a year to make. This game is a joke at all levels.
Just imagine if somebody would tell you that everything you saw from this game until now is actually another game that is not related to duke nukem.
What would you do if you found out that everything you saw until now is actually from a wii spoof of DNF called something like "The Amazing Adventures of Uncut Penis Pork and friends" or "The adventures of splattered Broussard and mr Windshield"?
I will tell you what you would do, you would start seeing the game for what it is, that's what you will do.
This game is not worth shit and deep inside your black and dirty internet e-penis masks you all agree with me and you feel disappointed.
The only reason this media is worth anything is because of it's Hype that surrounds it's name. The only cool thing about that media is it's DNF name!
Dnf has been associated with an upcoming game that would kick ass and make every duke 3d fan happy, yet all that has been shown until now is nothing of the sorts. If the media leaked or not would have REALLY been cool, everybody here would twist the knife in their necks and would suffer from depigmentation caused by massive amounts of frustration and stress!


You gotta relax, btw DNF is still in it's beta stage, it has to be polished and finished and all that stuff (If it ever does see the light of the day).
0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#18

View PostDuke Nukem Atomic, on Feb 14 2010, 08:50 PM, said:

You gotta relax, btw DNF is still in it's beta stage, it has to be polished and finished and all that stuff (If it ever does see the light of the day).

That theory doesn't really work when a game looks like shit. From beta level a game doesn't change in look, it changes in smoothness and in the way it works. In beta stage a game is already done, it just needs further debugging to reach gold stage!
You can't show screens of a game that has tech as ugly as the one used in 90's games and have them expect it will look like a decent 2010 game when it's done.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 14 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

0

User is offline   UglyNacho 

#19

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

I don't want it either, because the textures look like regurgitated diarrhea, the art style looks like it's taken straight out of puzzle bobble and the walking animations look like they used Winston Chruchil as their MoCap actor. If that wasn't enough, the rendering engine looks like it's a plugin for mspaint...From what I understood when unreal engine 3 came out they took the unreal 2 engine and improved it to an almost unreal engine 3 quality, very smart job for their brains I am sure! The engine looks so bad that they can successfully say they managed to turn "unreal engine 2" into "veryunreal engine 2"
As for staying true to their duke 3d characters it's pointless to even debate, I mean just look at the pigcops that looks like werewolves or better said werepigs. I think Duke is the only decent looking character in DNF but too bad you never get to see him unless you find some mirrors or something...
Just look a bit at all the media released from this game and then ask yourself if you haven't already seen unreal engine 3 MODS that are better than this!
Of course you had, I can even point out a shitload of unreal tournament 3 tc mods that look millions of times better than this game.
There are so many people out there that could imagine a sequel to duke 3d and make a tc mod, and the chances are it would be 100 times better than what these fags are doing at 3drealms. There are MODS which represent much more ambitious projects than this game. There have been much better games that have taken less than a year to make. This game is a joke at all levels.
Just imagine if somebody would tell you that everything you saw from this game until now is actually another game that is not related to duke nukem.
What would you do if you found out that everything you saw until now is actually from a wii spoof of DNF called something like "The Amazing Adventures of Uncut Penis Pork and friends" or "The adventures of splattered Broussard and mr Windshield"?
I will tell you what you would do, you would start seeing the game for what it is, that's what you will do.
This game is not worth shit and deep inside your black and dirty internet e-penis masks you all agree with me and you feel disappointed.
The only reason this media is worth anything is because of it's Hype that surrounds it's name. The only cool thing about that media is it's DNF name!
Dnf has been associated with an upcoming game that would kick ass and make every duke 3d fan happy, yet all that has been shown until now is nothing of the sorts. If the media leaked or not would have REALLY been cool, everybody here would twist the knife in their necks and would suffer from depigmentation caused by massive amounts of frustration and stress, yet people are making topics like this which indicates the true quality of the game in the eyes of true fans.


Why are you judging the game if you haven't even played it yet? How old are you, 10? I hope you soon realize your posts are full of bull and that people probably just laugh at you for being so stupid.
0

User is offline   3dwizard 

#20

View PostUglyNacho, on Feb 14 2010, 08:57 PM, said:

Why are you judging the game if you haven't even played it yet? How old are you, 10? I hope you soon realize your posts are full of bull and that people probably just laugh at you for being so stupid.

I am sorry to tell you but if the media leaked or posted officially by 3d realms is from the game that we might get to play, then I really CAN state that I know how the game will be. My gamer eye is formed much too well and I have always been able to say when a game is shit even from beta stage videos or screenshots.
Haven't you ever seen games in beta stage that look like crap and end to be crap in the full version too? I have seen lots and lots of beta screenshots from other games that turned out to be exactly like I knew they will be.
What's with this stereotypic thinking, are you 10? "You never played the game so how can you say it's bad" Do you realize how pathetic you are when you say that?
I haven't played the game but I have seen HD screenshots of it and a few videos to know EXACTLY that it will suck from it's core not from it's outer layers. When a game sucks from it's core it can't be helped anymore, no matter what you do to it's outer layers.
You can mask your pimples with foundation cream but you can't mask you missing nose!
Your statement would only make sense if no media would be out from this game, but guess what, IT IS and it's public both through official means and through leaked means!
If you have seen all that media and you can't have an opinion about the game's overall quality then you have a severe clog at one of your cerebral arteries!

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 14 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

0

User is offline   UglyNacho 

#21

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 08:07 PM, said:

I am sorry to tell you but if the media leaked or posted officially by 3d realms is from the game that we might get to play, then I really CAN state that I know how the game will be. My gamer eye is formed much too well and I have always been able to say when a game is shit even from beta stage videos or screenshots.
Haven't you ever seen games in beta stage that look like crap and end to be crap in the full version too? I have seen lots and lots of beta screenshots from other games that turned out to be exactly like I knew they will be.
What's with this stereotypic thinking, are you 10? "You never played the game so how can you say it's bad" Do you realize how pathetic you are when you say that?
I haven't played the game but I have seen HD screenshots of it and a few videos to know EXACTLY that it will suck from it's core not from it's outer layers. When a game sucks from it's core it can't be helped anymore, no matter what you do to it's outer layers.
You can mask your pimples with foundation cream but you can't mask you missing nose!
Your statement would only make sense if no media would be out from this game, but guess what, IT IS and it's public both through official means and through leaked means!
IF you have seen all that media and you can't have an opinion about the game's overall quality then you have a severe retardation at your main lobes!


Well, I did form an opinion from all this leaked media. I think it looks awesome. I can't care less about the game's graphics. It looks like tons of fun, and that's all I'm expecting from a game like DNF. By the way, we're just talking about all the unofficial and illegitimate media. We haven't seen the game in it's current state yet.
0

User is offline   Nfelli64 

  • Touched by the Banhammer

#22

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 11:07 PM, said:

I am sorry to tell you but if the media leaked or posted officially by 3d realms is from the game that we might get to play, then I really CAN state that I know how the game will be. My gamer eye is formed much too well and I have always been able to say when a game is shit even from beta stage videos or screenshots.
Haven't you ever seen games in beta stage that look like crap and end to be crap in the full version too? I have seen lots and lots of beta screenshots from other games that turned out to be exactly like I knew they will be.
What's with this stereotypic thinking, are you 10? "You never played the game so how can you say it's bad" Do you realize how pathetic you are when you say that?
I haven't played the game but I have seen HD screenshots of it and a few videos to know EXACTLY that it will suck from it's core not from it's outer layers. When a game sucks from it's core it can't be helped anymore, no matter what you do to it's outer layers.
You can mask your pimples with foundation cream but you can't mask you missing nose!
Your statement would only make sense if no media would be out from this game, but guess what, IT IS and it's public both through official means and through leaked means!
If you have seen all that media and you can't have an opinion about the game's overall quality then you have a severe clog at one of your cerebral arteries!

Da fuck is this shit?
Ok, you have to calm down you graphic fan boy. So you seen HD screens and videos? Mhm... so you are judging it by the graphics? Why the hell do that?! Obviously you dont have a "gamer eye" :lol:
0

User is offline   UglyNacho 

#23

View PostNfelli64, on Feb 14 2010, 08:35 PM, said:

Da fuck is this shit?
Ok, you have to calm down you graphic fan boy. So you seen HD screens and videos? Mhm... so you are judging it by the graphics? Why the hell do that?! Obviously you dont have a "gamer eye" <_<


My thoughts exactly.
0

#24

 

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 11:07 PM, said:

My gamer eye is formed much too well and I have always been able to say when a game is shit even from beta stage videos or screenshots.


Are you CultureShock or Blue Lightning? <_<

Time to 'fess up... <_<
0

User is online   Outtagum 

#25

He's a wizard! <_<
0

#26

View PostZor, on Feb 15 2010, 06:06 AM, said:

He's a wizard! <_<


Now there's a thought... 3D Realms, Pinball Wizards - same company, Maybe it's George or someone messing us about to see how much we care about DNF? A frustrated ex-employee who worked on Balls of Steel? In fact, didn't he say something about our balls of steel.

I'm a Duke fan, just doing my bit by reading too much into everything <_<
0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#27

I'd actually like to see the game, but I really don't care any more about it. If it comes out and its got the same sense of fun that the original had, then great. If it never comes out, then oh well. Someone else will make a Duke Game -whether it is any good is anyone's guess.

People are fooling themselves if they think that they will get the same kind of 'blown-away' feeling they got with the old game. Everyone is making cool shooters now. The thing that I hope they do establish in the game, if it ever comes out, is that tounge-in-cheek humour that made it still be a great game, even after all the tech had moved on.

If you actually do hang out here (in the DNF section) just to hear some news, then you are really selling yourself short in life. Go out, get laid, find some other outlet for your rabid, cyclopean fixation. Become a Stargate fan or something, they are pretty crazy.
0

User is offline   Stabs 

#28

boooo DNF *throws fruit & veg*

BOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
0

User is offline   SBG 

#29

TBH I didn't really read the last... 7 posts, just glanced at them.

@3ddouchebag: The reason the graphics aren't as high as you'd like them to be is because the latest restart was 2006 (I think). Games aren't all about graphics. We still play Duke 3D, and even with the HRP and Polymer, it only looks like a 2001 game. A game isn't all about graphics, it's about gameplay, sound, etc.
0

#30

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 14 2010, 08:13 PM, said:

I don't want it either, because the textures look like regurgitated diarrhea, the art style looks like it's taken straight out of puzzle bobble and the walking animations look like they used Winston Chruchil as their MoCap actor. If that wasn't enough, the rendering engine looks like it's a plugin for mspaint...From what I understood when unreal engine 3 came out they took the unreal 2 engine and improved it to an almost unreal engine 3 quality, very smart job for their brains I am sure! The engine looks so bad that they can successfully say they managed to turn "unreal engine 2" into "veryunreal engine 2"
As for staying true to their duke 3d characters it's pointless to even debate, I mean just look at the pigcops that looks like werewolves or better said werepigs. I think Duke is the only decent looking character in DNF but too bad you never get to see him unless you find some mirrors or something...
Just look a bit at all the media released from this game and then ask yourself if you haven't already seen unreal engine 3 MODS that are better than this!
Of course you had, I can even point out a shitload of unreal tournament 3 tc mods that look millions of times better than this game.
There are so many people out there that could imagine a sequel to duke 3d and make a tc mod, and the chances are it would be 100 times better than what these fags are doing at 3drealms. There are MODS which represent much more ambitious projects than this game. There have been much better games that have taken less than a year to make. This game is a joke at all levels.
Just imagine if somebody would tell you that everything you saw from this game until now is actually another game that is not related to duke nukem.
What would you do if you found out that everything you saw until now is actually from a wii spoof of DNF called something like "The Amazing Adventures of Uncut Penis Pork and friends" or "The adventures of splattered Broussard and mr Windshield"?
I will tell you what you would do, you would start seeing the game for what it is, that's what you will do.
This game is not worth shit and deep inside your black and dirty internet e-penis masks you all agree with me and you feel disappointed.
The only reason this media is worth anything is because of it's Hype that surrounds it's name. The only cool thing about that media is it's DNF name!
Dnf has been associated with an upcoming game that would kick ass and make every duke 3d fan happy, yet all that has been shown until now is nothing of the sorts. If the media leaked or not would have REALLY been cool, everybody here would twist the knife in their necks and would suffer from depigmentation caused by massive amounts of frustration and stress, yet people are making topics like this which indicates the true quality of the game in the eyes of true fans.



You know what I think the real reason for this trial is? I think that take two saw the game and said. What the fuck is this piece of childish broken ugly shit? Are you trying to even sell this mess? After 12 years all you did is ranibow colored shit? That's it! We don't want to work with anymore, you can talk to our lawyers from now on you retards!

Well i think that the graphic look fine and my only concern is the colour sheme which is too dark however you are just a nitpicking bastard who is impossible to please
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options