Duke4.net Forums: game crashing, bugging - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

game crashing, bugging  "polymer HRP v4.2.054, latest eduke32, duke plus 2.07"

User is offline   CmdrJebus 

Well, let me start this off by saying that the latest HRP pack looks absolutely amazing!
I am using the latest version of eduke32, with polymer HRP pack version 4.2.054, and running duke plus version 2.07. I have been having a problem with certain maps, like the first levels of hollywood holocaust and shrapnel city. During the game, after a couple minutes or so, eduke will freeze and terminate. I also have a problem with the mouse aiming, at certain points it will stop working and only the keyboard will turn, then when I'm looking at something else, the mouse works again. What seems to be the problem is the graphics. I think if I'm looking at something that has a lot of textures or objects, it's too much for the game to use the mouse, or in the first case, proves to be too much to handle and locks up. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my computer, more so the graphics, as I only have onboard graphics. Here is my setup if it matters: quad-core AMD Phenom 2 2.8 GHz cpu, Foxconn Destroyer mobo with Nvidia 780a graphics chipset, 4 gigs of DDR2, and running windows XP pro SP3. I have tried just about everything to solve the problem, turning down the graphics enough to make it look bad (which really defeats the purpose of HRP), and nothing works. Is there any specific setting that could change it? Or is my problem more complicated than that?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Mouse input stops working when the frame rate drops too low. This happens to everyone. Until it is fixed, all you can do is stop using the Polymer renderer, or run it with settings that give you a higher fps. You could try disabling Polymer shadows (not the same as the shadows you can turn on/off in the eduke menu), reduce max lights per surface, and try a lower resolution. You can also try using the regular HRP instead of the Polymer HRP.

User is offline   CmdrJebus 

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 11 2010, 08:37 AM, said:

Mouse input stops working when the frame rate drops too low. This happens to everyone. Until it is fixed, all you can do is stop using the Polymer renderer, or run it with settings that give you a higher fps. You could try disabling Polymer shadows (not the same as the shadows you can turn on/off in the eduke menu), reduce max lights per surface, and try a lower resolution. You can also try using the regular HRP instead of the Polymer HRP.

Thanks hopefully this will fix the crashing too.

User is offline   Franpa 

Try a newer build if you experience crashes during game play. Was there a new release since the random sound crashes were fixed?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options