Duke4.net Forums: Duke is using %100 cpu on athlon x2 3.0ghz dualcore? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke is using %100 cpu on athlon x2 3.0ghz dualcore?  "this cant be right"

I used to play this game on my packard bell hunk a junk 15 years ago, theres no way my computer isnt beefy enough to play this, is there?
I run modern warfare, cryostasis, etc, just fine

The game runs flawlessly and looks excellent on fullscreen @1380x768 resolution, but when i clicked out for a moment to get some cheat codes (heehee)

old duke was using all my cpu and my temps were through the roof. Im half tempted to go buy a $10 pc from the goodwill just to keep mine from melting.

My Setup:
windows 7 x64 bit
8 GB elpida 800mhz ddr2
nvidia 9800gtx
athlon x2 dualcore 3.06ghz

Does anyone else have this problem? or anyone with a lower spec system NOT have this problem?
please help. I barley got in ten minutes of play time since i got the game yesterday.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Are you playing this on Dosbox/EDuke32 or what?

im playing straight thru windows, It wouldnt run in dosbox. its duke3dw i think. Using a launcher called Appetizer, that lets me choose between which episode/add-on/ or user created game I want.

This post has been edited by Mrbadexample: 28 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

*sigh*

http://dukeworld.duk...e32_current.zip

Extract that to a new folder, and place the file DUKE3D.GRP from your CD in that folder. Then run EDuke32.exe

I will try that, thank you.

http://forums.duke4....hp?showforum=26

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options