Duke4.net Forums: Forced OpenGL does not work successfully - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forced OpenGL does not work successfully  "Worked on XP, but maybe not Windows 7?"

User is offline   Sal 

Hello all,

I successfully reinstalled eDuke32 on my computer, an Acer AspireOne. I used to have the game installed on this computer and running successfully when I had windows XP installed. I recently upgraded to windows 7, and the forced OpenGL forces the game to crash, not even giving me an error message, it just shuts off. I'm not 100% sure what to do here, any ideas? I searched the forums, but nothing really paired up accurately with my problem. If it's any use, here's a copy of my dxdiag.exe report.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Sal: 26 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't really know anything about it, but I know that those who do usually want people to post their eduke32 log, which is a file "eduke32.log" in the same folder as eduke32.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Go get the latest video drivers from Intel and try again.

User is offline   Sal 

View PostTX, on Jan 27 2010, 01:06 AM, said:

Go get the latest video drivers from Intel and try again.

Just tried it, but unfortunately, no success. Here's a copy of my eDuke32.log file.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   eddym4814 

"OpenGL Information:
Version: 1.1.0
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
Renderer: GDI Generic
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Your video card driver/combo doesn't support the necessary features!
PR : Disabling Polymer...
Initializing music...
Initializing sound...
Fatal Signal caught: SIGSEGV. Bailing out."

It looks like you might be having a problem with Polymer. Try it with Polymost and see what happens. (Uncheck the Polymer box on the start up screen.)

User is offline   ZedDB 

"Vendor: Microsoft Corporation" seems like you are using the opengl drivers that comes with windows. Are you sure that you have installed the official intel drivers?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostZedDB, on Jan 28 2010, 03:59 AM, said:

"Vendor: Microsoft Corporation" seems like you are using the opengl drivers that comes with windows. Are you sure that you have installed the official intel drivers?

Entirely correct. The video drivers have not been installed. In fact, any driver with a vendor of "Microsoft Corporation" is specifically blacklisted by EDuke32 because it's the driver that comes with Windows and it's never sufficient.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options