Duke4.net Forums: The Unseen DNF Video Leaks - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unseen DNF Video Leaks

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 13 2010, 07:16 AM, said:

That exactly what they did, for example remember in May last year Joe lashed out on us fans and said "Its only a game" in big letters and had a right go at us? I'm sorry but if thats not rude what is?

I surprise that Joe didn't kill someone considering the amount of abuse the man gets from idiots on the 3D realms forums.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I personally don't think that fact that they haven't said anything means they are being rude. Could you imagine what it would be like if they did give out actual news? All the digging into George's tweets are chaotic enough, actual news would be catastrophic to the duketards on these forum boards. If I were the dude at 3DR, I probably wouldn't tell these nuts anything either.

3DR has done more than most developers do when it comes to their games. They respond to emails about their IP and all. They released the source code to Duke3D, Shadow Warrior, ROTT, and I think a few other games too, right? Not to mention a lot of their older games were released as freeware. They even give out free Duke XBLA codes for fun. What other developer do you guys know that does that?

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 13 2010, 09:50 AM, said:

I surprise that Joe didn't kill someone considering the amount of abuse the man gets from idiots on the 3D realms forums.

What he said is still rude though

BTW Radar1013 I e-mailed GB twice an he never responded so what said is moot

This post has been edited by blackharted: 13 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 13 2010, 08:16 AM, said:

That exactly what they did, for example remember in May last year Joe lashed out on us fans and said "Its only a game" in big letters and had a right go at us? I'm sorry but if thats not rude what is?

Joe was only the webmaster, and he had to deal with a lot of rude bullshit flung at him 24/7 from a bunch of ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed pricks, so yes, he had the fucking right. With all of the BS he had to deal with, I, myself, would have nuked the entire forum.

Not only that, but he also got laid off, and is thus without a job, and still had to put up with bullshit... If I were in that situation, I'd be pissed as all hell at everybody and everything.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 13 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 13 2010, 11:20 PM, said:

Joe was only the webmaster, and he had to deal with a lot of rude bullshit flung at him 24/7 from a bunch of ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed pricks, so yes, he had the fucking right. With all of the BS he had to deal with, I, myself, would have nuked the entire forum.

Not only that, but he also got laid off, and is thus without a job, and still had to put up with bullshit... If I were in that situation, I'd be pissed as all hell at everybody and everything.

yes hell i would be too. But that's a different topic. :wacko:

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 13 2010, 05:20 PM, said:

I absolutely agree, he had every reason to be pissed.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Let's hope we get some "official video leaks" soon! :wacko:

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 13 2010, 02:20 PM, said:

BS! All of it! Yeah he got laid off but he shouldn't take it out on us! We didn't fire him! Thats plain rude and no he had no fucking right to talk to us that way! BTW us fans aren't " ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed pricks" we were concerned fans wanting to know if the 13 YEAR wait was for nothing.

View Postblackharted, on Aug 14 2010, 08:06 AM, said:

BS! All of it! Yeah he got laid off but he shouldn't take it out on us! We didn't fire him! Thats plain rude and no he had no fucking right to talk to us that way! BTW us fans aren't " ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed pricks" we were concerned fans wanting to know if the 13 YEAR wait was for nothing.

To be honest your the one being rude, your more concerned about a game then someones job. You really are a ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed prick.

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 14 2010, 06:52 AM, said:

To be honest your the one being rude, your more concerned about a game then someones job. You really are a ignorant, unenlightened, self-righteous, self-absorbed prick.

All I said was that he shouldn't of lashed out at us for no reason. He knew we sympathized with him, all he had to say was "I can't comment on this matter etc." No fucking need to be so rude to us. He should lash out on GB or Scott there the ones who fired him.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 14 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 12 2010, 07:46 PM, said:

3D Realms may have kept us in the dark for 13+ years, but they have treated the fans decently. They kept the forums open after their financial problems, let you speak your mind for the most part and give free stuff out sometimes. To be honest 3DR really hasn't treated the fans too bad, they just have horrible management skills.

This is true. I agree with this.

Although, Joe got pretty jaded after years of dealing with pricks and almost expected it of anybody on the forums after a while. He didn't give anybody a break after a while no matter how innocent they were.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 14 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

This is true. I agree with this.

Although, Joe got pretty jaded after years of dealing with pricks and almost expected it of anybody on the forums after a while. He didn't give anybody a break after a while no matter how innocent they were.

Thank you. Point proven.

View Postblackharted, on Aug 14 2010, 01:38 PM, said:

He should lash out on GB or Scott there the ones who fired him.

They fired everybody and they have said multiple times that they didn't want to do that, it just happened.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 14 2010, 02:40 PM, said:

They fired everybody and they have said multiple times that they didn't want to do that, it just happened.

No, im sorry, it didnt "just happened". Frankly, they fucked it all up.

That is certainly true as far it is goes, but 3D Realms didn't fire anyone because they were mean or anything remotely like that. Also had Take Two being sincere in their negations, 3D Realms could have tried other avenues for funding and if that failed they could have given the dev team plenty of notice.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 14 2010, 04:31 PM, said:

Thank you. Point proven.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HAHAHA, Yeah Right.

Joe owes nothing to you. Stop acting as if you're entitled to be treated like royalty. Heh, I should have added Self-Entitled in there as well...
A common, and deadly mistake people kept making is that they treated Joe as if he were one of the developers, and some even seriously thought he was. Again, he owes nobody anything, and such as an admin of any sort of forum, if the MAJORITY of the GENERAL population gets unruly, he has every right to say whatever he damn well needs to, to get the message across that everyone is being douchebags and that they need to smarten the fuck up.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 14 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 14 2010, 05:04 PM, said:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HAHAHA, Yeah Right.

Joe owes nothing to you. Stop acting as if you're entitled to be treated like royalty. Heh, I should have added Self-Entitled in there as well...
A common, and deadly mistake people kept making is that they treated Joe as if he were one of the developers, and some even seriously thought he was. Again, he owes nobody anything, and such as an admin of any sort of forum, if the MAJORITY of the GENERAL population gets unruly, he has every right to say whatever he damn well needs to, to get the message across that everyone is being douchebags and that they need to smarten the fuck up.

I'm not acting like royalty dick hole I'm acually sticking up for the fan base. Are you seriously suggesting that 3DR staff lash out at fans whenever they feel like it? I know some people get out of hand on the forums, but thats what banning is for.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 14 2010, 09:38 AM, said:

All I said was that he shouldn't of lashed out at us for no reason. He knew we sympathized with him, all he had to say was "I can't comment on this matter etc." No fucking need to be so rude to us. He should lash out on GB or Scott there the ones who fired him.

Dude, reading just some of the garbage that gets posted here, if it was your job to wallow in it all for 8 hours a day; If you had duketards bombarding you with "When's it coming out?" all day long; If you had duketards watching your car park and making notes of when you drove home at night; If you had duketards trying to make freinds with your colleagues girlfreinds just so that they could track thier movements - you would get seriously, and I mean really seriously pissed off at these people.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 15 2010, 08:14 AM, said:

Dude, reading just some of the garbage that gets posted here, if it was your job to wallow in it all for 8 hours a day; If you had duketards bombarding you with "When's it coming out?" all day long; If you had duketards watching your car park and making notes of when you drove home at night; If you had duketards trying to make freinds with your colleagues girlfreinds just so that they could track thier movements - you would get seriously, and I mean really seriously pissed off at these people.

Thats natural after 13 years. Now your other points are heavly exaggerated bullcrap. However being friends with someone close to something important to you is natural, as it happens in real life. The best example being a girl you have the hots for but don't have the guts to talk to.

User is offline   Valdsator 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 15 2010, 11:41 AM, said:

Thats natural after 13 years.

It's also natural to get pissed off at people who ask you the same thing over and over again, in an aggressive tone at times, when you've said many times before you don't have any information.

View PostValdsator, on Aug 15 2010, 10:01 AM, said:

It's also natural to get pissed off at people who ask you the same thing over and over again, in an aggressive tone at times, when you've said many times before you don't have any information.

Oh he has info. He must after being so friendly to GB.

View Postblackharted, on Aug 14 2010, 09:06 AM, said:

Ah, emos... Go and die in whatever way you see fit.

View PostLeviathanSM, on Aug 15 2010, 09:33 AM, said:

Emo? Hardly no no no I am happy unlike you it seems.

BTW I will never Die.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 15 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostLeviathanSM, on Aug 15 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

:wacko:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 15 2010, 09:14 AM, said:

That was a very small minority of people. You dont machine gun the crowd because of three bank robbers.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 15 2010, 12:14 PM, said:

^This.

@ Blackharted

Stalking people isn't natural its creepy. :wacko:

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 15 2010, 04:14 PM, said:

^This.

@ Blackharted

Stalking people isn't natural its creepy. :wacko:

See thing is they aren't stalking.

View Postblackharted, on Aug 16 2010, 07:55 AM, said:

See thing is they aren't stalking.

What? That doesn't make any sense.

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 16 2010, 07:32 AM, said:

What? That doesn't make any sense.

You said fans were stalking people from 3DR. There not.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 15 2010, 12:14 PM, said:

If you had duketards watching your car park and making notes of when you drove home at night; If you had duketards trying to make freinds with your colleagues girlfreinds just so that they could track thier movements - you would get seriously, and I mean really seriously pissed off at these people.

^this is stalking.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options