Duke4.net Forums: The Unseen DNF Video Leaks - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unseen DNF Video Leaks

User is offline   N64 

View Postkaisersoze, on Jul 22 2010, 06:09 AM, said:

Angelo-all those videos were combined into the fan made trailer that's still on youtube.

Yes! i know it, but some scenes are not in the trailer. Also to have best quality. :)

View Postangelo86, on Jul 22 2010, 05:16 PM, said:

Yes! i know it, but some scenes are not in the trailer. Also to have best quality. :)

what scenes are not in the trailer??? :)

User is offline   N64 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jul 22 2010, 12:30 PM, said:

what scenes are not in the trailer??? :)

Maybe. I don't know.

This post has been edited by angelo86: 22 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

Remember guys our Cooperation now will lead to better support from 3drealms. Admittedly, ive seen the videos and have watched them repeatadly. All i can say is to those who havnt watched them just "dont" for no other reason that if youve waited this long, enjoy the suprise that will come later. It will be worth the wait.

Yes, i still beleive in Duke Nukem Forever.

User is offline   You 

I'm very interested in this thread.

Are the original versions of these videos low quality due to the nature of the way they had been acquired?
Or are there high quality versions available we aren't publishing due to respect for 3DR, and the only the reason we talk about the much seen youtube video so much is that it is readily available to everyone?

Muxer

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Are the original versions of these videos low quality due to the nature of the way they had been acquired?

Yes.

Or are there high quality versions available we aren't publishing due to respect for 3DR

Well, 3DR doesn't respect its fans, I think it's only fair that we return the favor. :wacko:

View PostYatta, on Aug 8 2010, 01:57 AM, said:

Yes.

Well, 3DR doesn't respect its fans, I think it's only fair that we return the favor
. :wacko:

All 100% true. About time someone said it.

User is offline   3dwizard 

View PostYatta, on Aug 8 2010, 12:57 AM, said:

Yes.

Well, 3DR doesn't respect its fans, I think it's only fair that we return the favor. :wacko:

Agreed but if you are the administrator of this community and you are saying this, then doesn't this technically mean that this community should better reflect your views? I mean the way I see it, if you were not joking in the above post, then I think this community should become an anti 3drealms forum where everybody that joins it, should bash 3drealms for their incompetence.
I can't think of a better reason of why a responsible administrator would openly state such things, if his community is pro 3dr oriented.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 11 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

The community is no longer "pro-3DR oriented" as you may suggest--at least not in its entirety or even necessarily its majority.

That being said, I have my personal opinions which need not reflect the collective zeitgeist of this forum/website/community. :wacko:

View PostYatta, on Aug 8 2010, 09:57 AM, said:

Yes.

You say this based on what the fuck?

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 12 2010, 03:59 AM, said:

You say this based on what the fuck?

13 Years of waiting, annoying teases, and plain rudeness.

Rudeness? GB has never been rude. He has always been excellent with his fans answering emails and PM's, interacting on the forums, giving out free shit(Competitions on Shacknews, free XBLA codes on Twitter, etc).

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 12 2010, 05:55 AM, said:

Rudeness? GB has never been rude. He has always been excellent with his fans answering emails and PM's, interacting on the forums, giving out free shit(Competitions on Shacknews, free XBLA codes on Twitter, etc).

Yes rudeness 3DR treated us like crap! All you said is BS! When the lawsuit started and we didn't have a clue about ANYTHING he posted on 3DR "USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE! We CAN'T TALK" blah blah blah well how did we know that? plain rude.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

3DR and George kept us waiting 13+ years without any word as to what's going on when they could have easily made some updates on their progress. They weren't tied to any obligations to withhold information before the lawsuit. Plus, there's the obvious management issues that forced the game to make unnecessary restarts (be it level/game mechanic design or engine switches).

They haven't been utterly horrible but they could have been much much better and more fan oriented.......like Valve. <3

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 12 2010, 10:32 PM, said:

They haven't been utterly horrible but they could have been much much better and more fan oriented.......like Valve. <3

Valve failed on L4D series.(But not totally failed, seriously!)
HL2:EP3 is a fail on their episodic method too, because it didn't released on 1-2 years.
:wacko:

--------

Whatever, shitting your bullshit about denouncing 3DR/Geogre and DNF on here is NOT work, ever.
For me, It only failed when they decided to cancel DNF, and if it happens, I'll pissed off. :3

Still waiting until if fails or gold...

(Sorry about my (possible) shitty grammar.)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 12 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yes, Valve has its own issues. But not near as many people hate them like people hate 3DR/George. After all, Team Fortress 2 was in development for ages and they finally released it. And released it well. Valve have proven that when they take a long time to make something the outcome is beyond expectations. Every time. 3DR haven't proven this at all.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 13 2010, 01:03 AM, said:

Yes, Valve has its own issues. But not near as many people hate them like people hate 3DR/George. After all, Team Fortress 2 was in development for ages and they finally released it. And released it well. Valve have proven that when they take a long time to make something the outcome is beyond expectations. Every time. 3DR haven't proven this at all.

I agree.
(But I don't like/care TF series, sorry.)

:wacko:

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 12 2010, 07:32 AM, said:

3DR and George kept us waiting 13+ years without any word as to what's going on when they could have easily made some updates on their progress. They weren't tied to any obligations to withhold information before the lawsuit. Plus, there's the obvious management issues that forced the game to make unnecessary restarts (be it level/game mechanic design or engine switches).

Thank you. You proved my point.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 12 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   3dwizard 

Hey, don't confuse incompetence with rudeness.
He did not keep us waiting 13 years because he wanted to, he kept us 13 years because he just couldn't release the game due to his perfectionism and other problems.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 12 2010, 09:06 AM, said:

Yes rudeness 3DR treated us like crap! All you said is BS! When the lawsuit started and we didn't have a clue about ANYTHING he posted on 3DR "USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE! We CAN'T TALK" blah blah blah well how did we know that? plain rude.

3D Realms may have kept us in the dark for 13+ years, but they have treated the fans decently. They kept the forums open after their financial problems, let you speak your mind for the most part and give free stuff out sometimes. To be honest 3DR really hasn't treated the fans too bad, they just have horrible management skills.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 12 2010, 10:06 AM, said:

I was right to think of you as a total rude cunt yourself, because you certainly sound like one in your post. Like others have said, 3DR's George and Scott may have been incompetent, but they were not rude. They have treated the fans pretty well on a personal level, and have shown a lot of patience with all of the assholes. It WOULD have been rude if they were all like "fuck you", "go to hell", "you want it? you can't have it!", or "PC users are nothing but a buncha' pirates and we pretty much hate them all so no game for you!" (lolcliffyb), and basically mouthing off the fans, like I've seen PLENTY of other developers (and publishers) do.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 12 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

User is offline   Edli 

Exactly, they haven't treated the fans badly at all. As for not saying anything, they probably can't due to the settlement.

This post has been edited by Edli: 12 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

What about frequent teasing? George created Twitter account and advertised it on DNF subforum. That way he had many followers and continued teasing even more. Most of the posts were not DNF related in any way.

User is offline   Mr. Pink 

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 12 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

and give free stuff out sometimes.

such as releasing the DN3D source code, under the GPL...

(I agree with you on all points RM!)

This post has been edited by Mr. Pink: 12 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMr. Pink, on Aug 12 2010, 11:33 PM, said:

(I agree with you on all points RM!)

That and releasing old games as freeware and giving out free xbla codes.

User is offline   The Duke 

I wish they can release duke nukem 1 and 2 on xbox live and the ps3 store

This post has been edited by The Duke: 12 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

User is offline   Edli 

I believe George has said before that they'd lost the source code to DN1 and 2. The closest we'd get to those games on XBL and PS3 store would be some sort of rebuilding of it.

Or else they could surely port DosBOX over... it certainly works on a Dreamcast so why not on the GayStation 3 and X!BOX 360 (360 indicates the average lifespan of said console in hours)? They must be able to get a license to do so.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr. Pink, on Aug 13 2010, 07:33 AM, said:

And then using community's code to sell XBLA version and not providing its source code.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 12 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

I was right to think of you as a total rude cunt yourself, because you certainly sound like one in your post. Like others have said, 3DR's George and Scott may have been incompetent, but they were not rude. They have treated the fans pretty well on a personal level, and have shown a lot of patience with all of the assholes. It WOULD have been rude if they were all like "fuck you", "go to hell", "you want it? you can't have it!", or "PC users are nothing but a buncha' pirates and we pretty much hate them all so no game for you!" (lolcliffyb), and basically mouthing off the fans, like I've seen PLENTY of other developers (and publishers) do.

That exactly what they did, for example remember in May last year Joe lashed out on us fans and said "Its only a game" in big letters and had a right go at us? I'm sorry but if thats not rude what is?

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options