Duke4.net Forums: Which browser? Firefox or IE - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which browser? Firefox or IE

Guest_johnnyblame_*

In my opinion, Mozilla Firefox is the best web browser. It is very user friendly. This web browser is faster, more secure, and fully customizable to online life. Firefox includes tabbed browsing, a spell checker, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, and a search system that uses Google. Firefox runs on various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other Unix-like operating systems.
What do you guys think?

User is offline   Sangman 

I use Firefox but urh there are more browsers than just FF and IE out there that are pretty decent ;)

Of those two I prefer FireFox, becuase I had too many problems in IE and so does just about everyone I know.

There are other browsers, like Opera, Google Chrome and Safari

I personally use Lunascape which has 3 rendering engines, Trident (Makes it use web pages like IE) Gecko (Like firefox) and WebKit (Like Chrome/Safari) that can be switched at any time, so it never really runs into compatibility issues, Version 5 had some niggly little issue with the address bar, but I haven't noticed it in the new version.

My favorite browser is probably Konqueror, the browser from KDE distributions of Linux, apparently it can be ported to Windows, which is somethin I keep meaning to try out.

Oh, and I linked to those other browsers in case you wanted to check them out for some reason, dunno why, I juse felt like doing it.

User is offline   Eclipse 

You guys know that this post was made just for the signature spam link right? ;)

Oh, and the answer is Google Chrome :P

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

This user is a spambot, his sig contains an ad...

I'm leaving the thread be because the thread itself has nothing wrong to it...
If any other admin deletes it though, anyone else is free to remake this thread ;)

I use the latest version of Firefox btw

[edit:]

Didn't expect your ninja skills there Eclipse :P
Glad it didn't go unnoticed, but the thread can stay i guess...

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I haven't used IE for years and I use Chrome only occasionally, so I cannot really tell how much better Firefox really is. Firefox has many features I really love and I wouldn't even consider switching at the moment but I'm sure many of these features are available in, say, Chrome as well, I just don't know how to use them and I'm not interested in learning for as long as I'm happy with FF.

Who's spamming? me? Do you want me to edit my singature or something?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

The thread starter, "johnnyblame"... Two of his threads have been deleted already...
His signature has been removed now, so there's no spamming messages to be seen anymore...

User is offline   Sangman 

Fudge - a spambot tricked me? Blast you!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Haha, bots keep people on their toes at least.

I would use browsers in the order of best to worst IMO: Chrome, firefox, safari, internet explorer. I haven't tried any others.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options