Duke4.net Forums: widescreen bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

widescreen bug

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

When I switch to a widescreen resolution (not sure about all of them, but one in particular), there's a model that does not display correctly. It is coded to be half-submerged (128 as part of its cstat), but in widescreen it appears fully above ground. This movie demonstrates:

http://deeperthought...escreen_bug.wmv

It may affect other models, but this is the first case that I noticed.

EDIT: The model displays correctly in Polymer.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 17 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Does the model use CON-based rotation at all?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPlagman, on Jan 17 2010, 11:09 PM, said:

Does the model use CON-based rotation at all?

It does this when it spawns:

cstator 642
sizeat 16 16
setactor[THISACTOR].pitch 1024
setactor[THISACTOR].mdzoff -5120

After that, the size and mdzoff continue to change, and of course it also spawns a lot of stuff etc but that's not relevant (it was necessary to change pitch and mdzoff to get the model oriented the way I wanted; it's the billiard ball model from the HRP).

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

If you don't mess with the pitch and/or roll at all, does the model position and orientation look consistent between Polymost and Polymer? (regardless of it being correct for your purposes). If so, it sounds like bug 2867620. I don't know when I'll be able to look into it, though; I'm afraid Polymost bugs aren't very high on my list.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPlagman, on Jan 17 2010, 11:21 PM, said:

If you don't mess with the pitch and/or roll at all, does the model position and orientation look consistent between Polymost and Polymer?

I presume so. At any rate, I was able to fix the problem by using zadd in the model definition instead of messing with it in the CON code.

User is offline   Franpa 

Is your intention to eventually discard the Polymost rendering engine plagman? Because that engine runs far faster then the Polymer engine.

This post has been edited by Franpa: 27 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options