Duke4.net Forums: Foreverhood - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Foreverhood

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Fan creations are fun because they show what often would not make it in professional productions due to publishers decisions. When you're not going to make a money out of something you can do it the way you want it to be.

So Foreverhood is a baby of Brian Goodsell who used Zdoom (a source port enhancing DOOM 1/2 engine) to create an entire new game. The game is very interesting with a unique setting which is in fact hard to describe but it creates great mood, at least for me. We're waking up in a world of Foreverhood, inhabited by many strange beings; something is not right as dark clouds covered the sky and there's something terribly bad coming into this world. I won't tell you the whole thing, it's all on the projects site.

The game is still work-in-progress but we know that author wants to make Foreverhood story-driven and choice-dependant game. Basicly it's a first-person shooter with a great focus on story and the gameplay is being built around players actions - it's up to him who he will trust.

So far we've got version 1.0 available to download (25mb) and it's a rather short beta. Unfortunetly it was released because author was not happy with it: "1.0 suffered from a lack of gaming esthetics, making the project feel like an arty exploration rather than an actual game." And so, Foreverhood 2.0 is being created at the moment with improved gameplay mechanics and story but it's still damn worth to check 1.0 out, imo.

If you don't mind oldshool graphics (which I personally like a lot), you should take a look at this thing. It sure got me more excited than many of current games, but maybe it's just how I feel... :)

Here's the link to official site.

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

I'll wait for 2.O, then B) First impression is everything :)

User is offline   avatar_58 

Cerberus_e, on Sep 16 2006, 03:36 PM, said:

I'll wait for 2.O, then B) First impression is everything :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll go with that, just keep the link handy. B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options