Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Hrp Doesnt Work - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Hrp Doesnt Work

User is offline   hostpik 

when i finished downloading and installing Duke3d HRF it doesnt worked. he's saying somefin about GAME.CON is missing? how do i get it? and does evrybody had a problem with this?

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

You installed Duke3D right?
In that case, use kextract.exe with the parameters duke3d.grp *.con to extract the .con files.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Or you can get your .CON files from your Duke3D CD.

User is offline   Iggy 

Are you sure you added duke3d.grp to the installation as it should be?

i think i get it. i did'nt installed the original Duke3D. so if i download duke3d the HRF pack will work right?

@Cerberus_e
where can i download that kextract thingy??

hostpik, on Sep 8 2006, 04:54 PM, said:

i think i get it. i did'nt installed the original Duke3D. so if i download duke3d the HRF pack will work right?

Yes, but why not use your Duke3D CD? You are aware the game isn't freeware, right? :)
The HRP pack is free, but it isn't standalone, you still need to have bought a copy of Duke3D.

hostpik, on Sep 8 2006, 04:54 PM, said:

@Cerberus_e
where can i download that kextract thingy??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's right there on your Duke CD, if you have any B)

dude it's fuckin hard to find a Duke3D copy if the game is more than 10 years old. i had a copy 6 years ago but now i don't. so i'm downloading it now

edit: the game is finished downloading. its the atomic edition. is this the HRF version? i checked it for a few seconds and it really looked like the original version...

User is offline   avatar_58 

hostpik, on Sep 8 2006, 10:05 AM, said:

dude it's fuckin hard to find a Duke3D copy if the game is more than 10 years old. i had a copy 6 years ago but now i don't.

Uhh pardon me?

http://www.3drealms....ke3d/index.html

Clearly you didn't even look.

User is offline   Iggy 

hostpik, on Sep 8 2006, 07:05 AM, said:

edit: the game is finished downloading. its the atomic edition. is this the HRP version? i checked it for a few seconds and it really looked like the original version...

Say what?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

i bet E-bay has it too...

But Avatar, i believe Hostpik wants to buy it in a store... And that's likely why he's not succesful in finding it anywhere...

anyways, Hostpik, all you really need to do, is install the game, and install/unpack the HRP in whatever directory the game is... It's like upgrading the existing files etc with new/improved files...

After this it should work...

Micki!, on Sep 8 2006, 11:17 AM, said:

But Avatar, i believe Hostpik wants to buy it in a store... And that's likely why he's not succesful in finding it anywhere...

Thats still no excuse. If the original dev/publisher still sells the game then you can't very well claim that you "can't find it".

User is offline   Micki! 

Yes it can, that is, if he DID mean that he meant in stores...
Of course i could be wrong, maybe he meant in general, in which case, i must agree that it's wierd not to look for the website of the original developer...

but as i said, if it was stores, then i understand...
But it's reading too much into things to claim he meant anywhere like in "ANYWHERE", and not just any stores he looked in...

Unless (again) he didn't mean stores... :)

well i live in the netherlands (Does that make a sense to my crappy english?) and it's not even worth asking if the gamestores have a copy of Duke3D. but i download the atomic edition and it worked fine. but the Moderen FPS controls sucks in Duke3D . so i play it oldschool!

Where did your copy from 6 years ago go? I know I never throw away games :) (Unlike some people that throw away their Windows 98 computer! BAM! In the trash bin! His nickname ends with an exclamation mark)
So you're from the Netherlands? I'm from Belgium, and we both have a service called "Kiala". That way you can order items on line without needing a credit card! You let the game ship to your nearest Kiala point (usually a small shop in town that does Kiala service for some extra money) and you pay with real money there. Not wanting to shop on line is really no excuse in our countries B)

Yes, Atomic Edition is the official game + the expansion pack. It doesn't include the HRP, that's fan-made, so you need to apply it on top of your Duke3D. I also prefer old controls in games like these, with the arrows B) That's because of the auto-aiming, and especially playing with the mouse makes an already easy game (Duke3D) even more easy!
I also play Doom with my arrows, feels so much better, and keeps the challenge.

Cerberus_e, on Sep 8 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

I also play Doom with my arrows, feels so much better, and keeps the challenge.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to play Doom with a Gravis Gamepad, so its really hard for me to get that true nostalgic feeling from controls these days. I could try to setup my new gamepad, never really bothered.

User is offline   Micki! 

Cerberus_e, on Sep 8 2006, 08:09 PM, said:

(Unlike some people that throw away their Windows 98 computer! BAM! In the trash bin! His nickname ends with an exclamation mark)

Hey, i was too young, and didn't care much back then... :)
of course i would never have done so if i knew more about PC's back then, but that was all my father's dicisions anyways... (he owned the PC)

i dunno what happened to my copy 6 years ago... i think i'd selled it because i did'nt played it anymore...

and i also think that a game like Duke3D has no value anymore. so why buy it with strange Kiala if you can download it for free on multiple websites.

and the modern FPS controls are also to sensitive in Duke3D. so i also prefer the arrows.

User is offline   Micki! 

Anyways, since it runs fine and stuff, did you now try the HRP..?

hostpik, on Sep 9 2006, 10:12 AM, said:

and the modern FPS controls are also to sensitive in Duke3D. so i also prefer the arrows.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't you adapt mouse sensitivity?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options