Duke4.net Forums: bump maps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bump maps  "textures move when i move"

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

Hello,
i am new to bump maps and is the first time i am working with them so be soft on me, Now I am trying the program "Crazy Bump" its nice. easy. just one thing, when i apply the normal map and run eduke the texture is fine. until I move the texture MOVES the opposite way, i duck the texture moves up, i jump the texture moves down, i move left... etc
So far my theory is i have too much detail in the normal map but when i loosen up on the detail it still does the same thing

User is offline   Postal 

what the hell is wrong with your display picture.

View PostPostal, on Jan 9 2010, 05:47 PM, said:

:lol: (stick to topic please)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostPostal, on Jan 10 2010, 11:47 AM, said:

Looks like it's suffering from the same problems he describes in his post.

ah yes the commander :lol:
his motivational posts are so heartwarming

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

View PostNfelli64, on Jan 10 2010, 12:40 AM, said:

Hello,
i am new to bump maps and is the first time i am working with them so be soft on me, Now I am trying the program "Crazy Bump" its nice. easy. just one thing, when i apply the normal map and run eduke the texture is fine. until I move the texture MOVES the opposite way, i duck the texture moves up, i jump the texture moves down, i move left... etc
So far my theory is i have too much detail in the normal map but when i loosen up on the detail it still does the same thing

I don't really know why your texture is moving but as far as I know CrazyBump has one of the normalmap axis set "wrong" by default. You should invert one of them in CrazyBump's settings and see how the light source affects your texture.

The only moving I can imagine is the moving of texture which is overdozed with parallaxscale value.

P.S.
The axis in CrazyBump should be:
Y: down
X: right

Also don't forget to set "Save Normalmap with displacement in alpha channel: YES"

This post has been edited by Roma Loom: 09 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options