Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 screen flashing - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 screen flashing

User is offline   Tvrdy 

I installed the last version of Eduke32 and when I start the game, the screen is constantly flashing. I can play, the FPS seems solid but it is impossible to play without hurting my eyes.
My graphic card is ATI 5870, latest version of drivers 9.12 (with hotfix), Windows 7 64 bit OS.
Has anybody experienced something similar and is there a solution?
Thanks,
Tvrdy

User is offline   Omni 

Disabling windows Aero normally works until they fix it, I think the newest SVN fixes the issue.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm not an expert but I know ATI cards have problems running eduke32. I also believe this is only a problem with the new polymer renderer, so try unchecking the polymer option in the start screen. If you want to play with polymer on, then try downloading this recent unofficial build, which I believe has a workaround for an ATI problem to do with the Vista/7 DWM: http://dukeworld.duk.../20100104-1580/

User is offline   Tvrdy 

View PostOmni, on Jan 9 2010, 10:15 PM, said:

Disabling windows Aero normally works until they fix it, I think the newest SVN fixes the issue.

Yes, disabling aero theme and switching to normal did the trick. Thanks. I am looking forward to official version that fixes that problem.

User is offline   SwissCm 

View PostTvrdy, on Jan 10 2010, 11:38 AM, said:

Yes, disabling aero theme and switching to normal did the trick. Thanks. I am looking forward to official version that fixes that problem.

Technically it's ATI's problem. Don't get Plagman mad!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTvrdy, on Jan 10 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

The executable in the link I provided disables aero when you start eduke32 then re-enables it automatically once you exit if you don't want to do it manually. Though I guess you'll want to stay away from it if you're waiting for something official, but rest assured the problem has been fixed.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

The build you linked is pretty official, so you can go with that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options