Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem himself all but confirms Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem himself all but confirms Duke Nukem Forever

Hey, worth checking out.

http://www.pixelenemy.com/2010/01/duke-nuk...-nukem-forever/

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I’ve got balls of aluminum...

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 6 2010, 07:07 AM, said:

Still not biting.

Drop the panties then we'll dance.

Attached Image: supportpost.jpg

View PostThe Commander, on Jan 6 2010, 09:40 AM, said:

I’ve got balls of aluminum...

LOL :lol:

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 06 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jan 7 2010, 12:46 AM, said:

LOL :lol:

My guess is that his balls started rusting after ll these years that he had to get new aluminum ones.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

So, he can't talk about it because he's actually now on the job doing voice I assume, and since the court case is still in action, he must remain quiet. A year ago that wouldn't have been so, because he hadn't even started yet. If this is what I think it is, that is very good news, and one hell of a relief, but we are still not out of the dark yet.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 06 January 2010 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

He can't talk about it....because he doesn't know anything about it? That is also a valid assumption.

User is offline   Justyce 

All dev on DNF is on 'hold' pending the lawsuit results and funding for completing the game.
Why can't he talk? same reason the dev team that was 'let go' can't talk, they would be held liable for breaching the confidentiality agreements and the injunction request by Take2.

• I have the power!

It is also possible he had already signed a NDA simply because he was already on board.

This of course brings us back to CS first post about panties.

so Jon maybe already is under NDA, due to him making the voicework currently...this means 3DR is busy finishing the game...but there is still the lawsuit...what if the game is done and they loose in court or something like that....I'm feeling MADNESS!!!!

• I have the power!

He is probably under a NDA because he has ties with the company and has seen the game previously. I think he also did that one line for the teaser back in 07 or was it 08...I can't remember. It was something about parking bricks though.

Also, any talk about the game has been hushed by the law suit anyway so even if he wasn't under an NDA from 3DR he would be from the court/TakeTwo.

User is offline   Sangman 

Jon says something => DNF RELEAS IMNENT

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Never said it was, thus "We aren't out of the dark yet". But, it does offer a glimmer of hope that the Game is even alive.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 06 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jan 6 2010, 06:09 PM, said:

But, it does offer a glimmer of hype that the handheld games are even alive.

:lol:

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

The way that he speaks about not being able to talk about DNF does appear to indicate that he is currently involved with the game, and his suggestion to "read between the lines" certainly implies even more strongly that he's working on it. There's also the fact that Scott linked to this from Duke's Facebook, which just makes it seem even more significant. I am 99% sure that he has done work for the game in the recent past, which would mean that 3D Realms is indeed attempting to finish it, and also that they're probably in the late stages of development, which is when voicework would normally be added in. This is the best DNF related event that we've seen since this mess began. :lol:

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 7 2010, 01:00 AM, said:

Why does anyone think a for-hire voice actor has even the faintest clue what's happening with development or legal wranglings?

He knows 3DR and he may be privy to info.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Jon said he can't say anything about DNF. YAY! LET'S HYPE OVER IT, GUYS!

OMGLOLOLOLOL!!!111!1oneoneone

This post has been edited by Psyrgery: 07 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

User is offline   grendel 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 7 2010, 07:40 AM, said:

The less someone knows the more they talk.

You talk a lot.

View Postgrendel, on Jan 7 2010, 12:13 PM, said:

You talk a lot.

LOL

View PostJustyce, on Jan 7 2010, 12:19 PM, said:

LOL

-
Best forum tool ever!

-
You have chosen to ignore all posts from: CultureShock.

· View this post
· Un-ignore CultureShock

User is offline   grendel 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 7 2010, 12:51 PM, said:

Kinda funny, that coming from people with nothing to say and some whiner who's just pissed cuz his useless project got butt pumped by reality. I'm not as ill-formed or as naive as either of you and assuming I'm as daft just compounds your error. When you pair of clowns add value I'll let you know.

:lol:

User is offline   Edli 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 7 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

Kinda funny, that coming from people with nothing to say and some whiner who's just pissed cuz his useless project got butt pumped by reality. I'm not as ill-formed or as naive as either of you and assuming I'm as daft just compounds your error. When you pair of clowns add value I'll let you know.

umad?

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCultureShock, on Jan 7 2010, 07:51 PM, said:

Crikey it was just a joke, you know, laugh, or something.

User is offline   Edli 

View PostSangman, on Jan 7 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

Crikey it was just a joke, you know, laugh, or something.

He can't. He has a stick wedged too far up his ass.

• I have the power!

So...I think I am counting 3 maybe 4 or 5 trolls in the last couple of posts...lovely.

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

It's obvious he has to record Duke's testimony for the court case.

Do any of you know how long Jon St. John has had a recording studio at home? Its just in the full video of his recent panel he states he has recorded Duke lines at his home. If this is just a recently setup home studio, we could maybe guess its for DNF.

View PostSinisterambo, on Jan 8 2010, 10:01 AM, said:

Do any of you know how long Jon St. John has had a recording studio at home? Its just in the full video of his recent panel he states he has recorded Duke lines at his home. If this is just a recently setup home studio, we could maybe guess its for DNF.

He has had one for years, his whole career is based on his voice.
Voice over work is what he does and that means having the equipment at home to hone his skills and get recordings done without having to travel to every client. He can record and email whatever any of his clients need without paying to travel all over the place.

Duke is just a small - but popular part of his career.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Just wondering if Jon was even in the loop about anything regarding DNF development since 3DR downsized to where they are now. I know that it's at a stand still until that court case is resolved, but even after that..I'm wondering if he's even willing to predict the outcome.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostWedgeBob, on Jan 9 2010, 11:28 AM, said:

Just wondering if Jon was even in the loop about anything regarding DNF development since 3DR downsized to where they are now. I know that it's at a stand still until that court case is resolved, but even after that..I'm wondering if he's even willing to predict the outcome.

Not speaking for him but I'd think he's *very* up to date with 3drealm's status. The video clip still gives me some small hope that he's actually working on
the game right now. It certainly implied it imo.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options