Duke4.net Forums: 3D Modeler Here :) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Modeler Here :)  "Looking for Free Work/ Experience"

User is offline   Magus 

Hello I'm a 3Ds Max Modeler, been well modeling for almost 2 years now and currently use the latest 2010 64bit Software.
I was wondering if anybody here needed help on the new project I need some experience on working on a games project or possible cutscenes for movies :lol:, I can model anything you need, characters are not my thing though.
Contact listed in my account, will be checking back for replies I guess and GL on ur project,

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I was not aware there was a 2010 Max plugin that converts to .MD3?
I find 3DS Max 8 to work best for .md3 though I am sure some people would argue with this, *cough cough* Blender. :lol:

Though I am still learning modeling myself and I learn something new each day I guess.

User is offline   Magus 

View PostThe Commander, on Jan 4 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

I was not aware there was a 2010 Max plugin that converts to .MD3?
I find 3DS Max 8 to work best for .md3 though I am sure some people would argue with this, *cough cough* Blender. :lol:

Though I am still learning modeling myself and I learn something new each day I guess.

I just use 2010 I dunno, heh this already happened to me once I'm currently on a project for a Blood Remake but atm it does not seem to be working cause they need .MD2 files and running the game on such a low end engine that 200+ polygon models are simply out of the question. I thought this was a complete makeover of Duke Nukem 3D?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Eduke32 uses .MD3, MD2 is now obsolete.
Even though MD3 is getting on it still gets the job done.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The EDuke32 port of Duke Nukem 3D supports md3 models, but does not yet support modern formats. They can have lots of polygons, though, so that's not an issue. Polymer is the new renderer for EDuke32 and it will eventually support a newer model format (Plagman, the author of Polymer, would be the person to ask about that.) The "complete makeover" you refer to is the HRP. I suggest you download the latest version of the HRP to see which models have already been done and the quality of the work. I also suggest that you take a look around at different mods and TCs that are being worked on before you commit yourself to anything.

User is offline   Stabs 

i need a petrol bowser if your keen to make one

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options