Duke4.net Forums: Main Menu Editing - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Main Menu Editing

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Hi. I'm working on a mod and I was wondering if anyone can tell me or show me how to go about editing the main menu. For example, in the main menu, I would like to replace the "NEW GAME", "OPTIONS", "LOAD GAME", etc., with .png icons.

Posted Image

All I want to do is simply replace the text with one single .png image. I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but if it has, it would be cool if someone could post the code to achieve this.

Thanks! :lol:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

There's no functionality to support this yet in EDuke32. You might be able to come up with some convoluted hack to simulate it (draw your entire menu on top of the original menu during one of the display events, etc).

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostTX, on Dec 27 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

There's no functionality to support this yet in EDuke32. You might be able to come up with some convoluted hack to simulate it (draw your entire menu on top of the original menu during one of the display events, etc).

or cant you just make the entire menu have all the artsy stuff and the duke sympols the only thing in-front of the image? confusing i think but hear look...
just make the background have the "stuff" Its just a nice work-around :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: funtion.jpg

User is offline   Sebastian 

American flag. Sunglasses. Pistol. Budweiser.

Are you making a sequel to Redneck Rampage?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm wondering about this as well, is there an easy way to remove such functionality as Credits, Help or Options from the source code?

View PostRusty Nails, on Dec 28 2009, 04:24 AM, said:

No, but it will probably be alot like it. Or maybe even better, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see! :lol:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 28 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

No, but it will probably be alot like it. Or maybe even better, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see! :lol:

Dave Nukem 3D? lol

View PostThe Commander, on Dec 28 2009, 05:26 AM, said:

Dave Nukem 3D? lol

Yeah, that'll be the name of it as long as there's not any copyright issues. There shouldn't be. We have Borg Nukem, so Dave Nukem shouldn't be a problem either.

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostRusty Nails, on Dec 28 2009, 03:24 AM, said:

you could say that since it is a meet between redneck rampage and dnf

Dave Nukem 3D? lol

possibly, but it does revolve around Dave
yeah commander you can bitch but the truth is out I am helping nukemdave with this mod :lol:
dont worry im a changed man so you could expect better of me now ;)

Yeah, that'll be the name of it as long as there's not any copyright issues. There shouldn't be. We have Borg Nukem, so Dave Nukem shouldn't be a problem either.

no comment :lol:

!AND ABOUT THE MENU!
1) didnt deeperthought do the icon thingy in the weapons of mass distruction mod?

View PostNfelli64, on Dec 28 2009, 06:54 AM, said:

didnt deeperthought do the icon thingy in the weapons of mass distruction mod?

Yeah, but I think that was a separate menu that was added, but I'm not sure. I only played it once or twice.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options