Duke4.net Forums: Christmas? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Christmas?

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

In 2007, it was a teaser trailer.

In 2008, it was an image of half the cast of monsters.

Each year it seemed that they were showing more than the last. Is it possible that 3D Realms (or whatever is left of it) could be planning to release something as the 2009 gift to the fans? Will there be anything at all? I just think that it would be strange if they didn't have anything at all planned, because they released things for the past two years, and surely they must be aware that the fans need to see something now more than ever. Most fans lie to themselves and say that it doesn't matter, but the fact is that DNF is the center of the universe for many people, and therefore transcends the status of a mere "game." Maybe I'm just crazy and lack perspective, but DNF is pretty much the most important thing in my entire life, so I would of course like to have a present related to DNF. :lol:

Also, the lawsuit shouldn't be a factor in the possibility of a DNF related gift to the fans, because as Scott has already demonstrated several times, he's still willing to post media from the game even in the face of the lawsuit. Scott is openly taunting Take 2 and breaking the rules on Duke's Facebook, so George can go on about not being able to talk all he wants, but it clearly is possible that his agitated, impatient partner Scott Miller will go on laughing in the face of Take 2 and destroying 3D Realms' chances in court every time he does so. This is why I still think it might be possible for an update, even though the lawsuit supposedly prevents it. :lol:

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Santa Claus is made up. You won't get anything for Christmas.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Flibble, on Dec 22 2009, 03:10 PM, said:

Santa Claus is made up. You won't get anything for Christmas.

But I want something for Christmas. :lol:

User is offline   Sir Tobbii 

If they're gonna show us something before the year is over it better be Prey 2.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostCultureShock, on Dec 23 2009, 12:50 AM, said:

I'm probably 3DR's most banned user ever. Public Enemy Number One. The one guy who can make George lose his cool enough to end up owing me $100,000. I could be one of the most demanding bastards out there and run circles around George on technical and creative issues but that's because I'm an obsessive bastard with getting it done right. Sure, I pushed hard but I never made stuff up nor did I ever ask them to release media. Not once. In fact, after a couple of comments I made warning about the hype and customer relations there's a good chance you can blame me for the total media blackout. On reflection, it was the right idea but development ran on longer than anyone including George anticipated because of the second restart.

...and in the end, who are you really? Should we know you? You talk like we should.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostCultureShock, on Dec 28 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

As I'm writing this I'm just loosely thinking of plans for next year and how some bigmouth shot their ass off in another topic. Do I really care about someone's misconceptions and dragging up a dead thread? Nope. Why should I listen to a single word 3DR say? Why should I give a shit for you? Give me a reason. Deliver or GTFO.

I'm not the one claiming this and that in every other thread. You bring the stuff up, not me. Don't try to turn the tables.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 28 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

I'm not the one claiming this and that in every other thread. You bring the stuff up, not me. Don't try to turn the tables.

If all you guys are arguing whos at the top of the naughty list, then Santa is going to leave you a lump of coal, or if you really piss him off, a copy of The Sims.

User is online   Sangman 

View PostTea Monster, on Dec 28 2009, 09:49 PM, said:

a copy of The Sims.

Years ago, I actually bought one for myself, totally conscious and not with a gun pointed to my face. All I ever did was put my Sims in a secluded area and watch them piss all over themselves and starve to death. Good times! Haven't touched it ever since.

User is offline   Sir Tobbii 

And I like The Sims. Not The Sims 2 though. But The Sims 3's all right... I made Duke in it.

View PostCultureShock, on Dec 22 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

In fact, after a couple of comments I made warning about the hype and customer relations there's a good chance you can blame me for the total media blackout.

No.

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

owned by CW.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostCultureShock, on Dec 22 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

I'm probably 3DR's most banned user ever. Public Enemy Number One. The one guy who can make George lose his cool enough to end up owing me $100,000. I could be one of the most demanding bastards out there and run circles around George on technical and creative issues but that's because I'm an obsessive bastard with getting it done right. Sure, I pushed hard but I never made stuff up nor did I ever ask them to release media. Not once. In fact, after a couple of comments I made warning about the hype and customer relations there's a good chance you can blame me for the total media blackout. On reflection, it was the right idea but development ran on longer than anyone including George anticipated because of the second restart.

It has been said before and it will be said again. STFU!
I am a jackass, no use beating around the bush. I am most likely not very well liked on duke4, If not loathed.
That i don't care about. I just don't post as often as i used to. But YOU are a complete moron.
You even piss me off. You are so far up your own ass you can see what you had for dinner last year.
I will no doubt get in trouble for this but i don't care. You are a fucking retarded asshole who needs to shut the fuck up thinking you are the center of attention and the whole world revolves around you. I don't give a shit who you were, here you are nothing.
Just a worthless cock end who likes to shit in peoples threads and act like your some big shot. I have had enough of your bullshit and i think i can say this on behalf of most people here, You talk crap and i don't think anyone believs the bullshit comming out of your posts.
Get a real life and stop trying to make one because clearly you are a shit liar and shit at everything else.
Where is your contribution? I see nothing you have accomplished. Here is an idea, "Deliver or GTFO".

This post has been edited by DISRUPTOR: 29 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   crkfiend 

I don't think they are gonna hook the fans up with much of anything sadly... But someone could make my Christmas with a PM of where I could watch that quick DNF video that Steve posted... I missed out on it. :lol:

User is offline   Edli 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Dec 29 2009, 07:40 AM, said:

It has been said before and it will be said again. STFU!
I am a jackass, no use beating around the bush. I am most likely not very well liked on duke4, If not loathed.
That i don't care about. I just don't post as often as i used to. But YOU are a complete moron.
You even piss me off. You are so far up your own ass you can see what you had for dinner last year.
I will no doubt get in trouble for this but i don't care. You are a fucking retarded asshole who needs to shut the fuck up thinking you are the center of attention and the whole world revolves around you. I don't give a shit who you were, here you are nothing.
Just a worthless cock end who likes to shit in peoples threads and act like your some big shot. I have had enough of your bullshit and i think i can say this on behalf of most people here, You talk crap and i don't think anyone believs the bullshit comming out of your posts.
Get a real life and stop trying to make one because clearly you are a shit liar and shit at everything else.
Where is your contribution? I see nothing you have accomplished. Here is an idea, "Deliver or GTFO".

qft

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostEdli, on Dec 29 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

qft

Edli i see you are a slimer so you havn't been here very long but you should take a look at Cultures previous posts, you will understand when you see how much of a dick he is. And i am not the first person to have pointed it out either.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostCultureShock, on Dec 30 2009, 11:22 AM, said:

my IP is a worldwide household name.

So your name is Thomas Crapper and you invented the toilet because you talk what I flush each day.

User is online   Sangman 

The real question, of course, is for the umpteenth time "what is this mysterious well-known IP of his he talks of?".

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostThe Commander, on Dec 29 2009, 02:46 PM, said:

So your name is Thomas Crapper and you invented the toilet because you talk what I flush each day.
Haha. Good one. :lol:

User is offline   Edli 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Dec 29 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

Edli i see you are a slimer so you havn't been here very long but you should take a look at Cultures previous posts, you will understand when you see how much of a dick he is. And i am not the first person to have pointed it out either.

Yeah, I could tell he was a dicksqueezer even though I haven't been here a while. He has too much of an ego and acts like he's hot shit, yet he hasn't given us anything to prove it. And he keeps hiding behind stupid excuses to not show anything.

He keeps flaunting his cock around here like it means something, but to be honest, why should we care? If he were truly somebody, he definitely would have something to show for it. It's like you talk to a co-worker who says "I INVENTED THE INTERNET!" and you ask him to prove it, then he just stammers and goes "Uh... SHUT UP! ... I'll get back to you on that."

This post has been edited by Edli: 29 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

View PostUglyNacho, on Dec 30 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

Haha. Good one. :lol:

You have been a member for almost a month and that is your first post. :lol:
Hi anyway.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 29 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Dec 30 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

Edli i see you are a slimer so you havn't been here very long but you should take a look at Cultures previous posts, you will understand when you see how much of a dick he is.

Just did, and I don't see what the problem is. He's merely mildly funny.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Dec 30 2009, 12:04 PM, said:

Just did, and I don't see what the problem is. He's merely mildly funny.

Yeah he is great for a laugh and seeing peoples reaction.

CS has been around for 10 years, and after all those years, the mere sight of a CS post is like rubbing alcohol on a sandpapered asshole to some ppl... :lol: :lol: ;)

User is offline   Edli 

Well, amongst my many nicknames, one of them is "Dr. Rage"

So this should be an interesting turn-out.

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostThe Commander, on Dec 29 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

You have been a member for almost a month and that is your first post. :lol:
Yeah, I've just been checking the forums here and there. Never really got much into posting in the forums. I made this account just in case something awesome happens, like Duke Nukem Forever being released one day (Yeah, right :lol:). So when that time comes, I'll be ready to discuss the game almost immediately. ;)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostSangman, on Dec 29 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

The real question, of course, is for the umpteenth time "what is this mysterious well-known IP of his he talks of?".

He doesn't use quotes or a big neon sign that says "SPEAKING SARCASTICALLY FROM THE MOUTH OF 3D REALMS DEVELOPERS"

Although, I am curious to know what exactly CS does that makes him so entitled to an opinion on this stuff.

User is online   Sangman 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Dec 30 2009, 03:19 AM, said:

He doesn't use quotes or a big neon sign that says "SPEAKING SARCASTICALLY FROM THE MOUTH OF 3D REALMS DEVELOPERS"

Not sure what you mean by that. The question I imply is the same thing you're (and 'everyone else', too) asking in your post.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 30 December 2009 - 07:26 AM

User is online   Sangman 

Philosophical babble aside, what's that household IP of yours we should be familiar with? Also, I doubt wieder's explanation will be "career killing" but only time will tell.

User is online   Sangman 

For avoiding questions? :lol:

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 22 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

but the fact is that DNF is the center of the universe for many people,

DNF is pretty much the most important thing in my entire life

Eh, wtf?

Seriously, I have been "with" Duke3D since 1996 and had my own site for more than ten years but I never understood this fanboy enthusiasm and drooling over DNF. It's a freaking game!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options