• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukebike mod  "Christmas gift of Duke, his bike"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMblackwell, on Jan 1 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

Uh oh, he's gonna pull a Broussard!

LOL

it'd be interesting to be able to shoot when on the bike. I haven't tried it so I don't know if that's already the case, but perhaps it could be a goal for the future.

User is offline   supergoofy 

dukebike_mod_alpha-test_version_fix.rar
http://www.mediafire...php?nmyymzjdjzv

it includes the test map by Muelsa and a fixed eduke.con
now the mod works with latest eduke32 builds

the errors appeared because ot the invalid character "  "

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 31 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Very fucking cool, and fun. My only complaint is the controls. I think this would work a lot better if you could use the camera/mouse for turning, instead of WASD. It just feels so much more natural that way. Also, it'd feel more natural if you could make like mouse1 acceleration and mouse 2 brake/reverse. Then you could use like spacebar or ctrl to shoot. I don't really know if it's feasible to override menu settings or switch them midgame, though.

The way it is now, it is much easier to use mouse to look around and shoot enemies.

Requests:

1. Dukebike should be able to kill enemies if you run through them (something like Carmageddon).

2. Gases from the exausts. The more acceleration the more gases.

3. Should be able to shoot while riding dukebike.

4. On/off like in real bikes. Duke should search for keys to be able to use the dukebike. And I want to be able to hear the start sound of the bike.

5. Maybe a horn that will make enemies fear and spread (thus easier to kill).

Happy New Year

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 31 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I guess, but then you can't see where you're driving.

User is offline   Gambini 

The system is great as it CA. The only problem is that the camera doesn´t get aligned with the bike´s direction.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postsupergoofy, on Jan 1 2010, 06:25 PM, said:

You can shoot while riding on the bike...

You need to press the weapon key you want once you are on the bike.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 01 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

well here is a temp patch to make it work with dukeplus

extract to your duke3d dir with dukeplus 206 and run the Dukebike for Dukeplus.bat

really fun throwing pipebombs while nailing ppl with the double barrell on the bike :lol:

http://myfreefilehos...262ebc53_5.51MB

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postsupergoofy, on Dec 31 2009, 10:25 PM, said:

1. Dukebike should be able to kill enemies if you run through them (something like Carmageddon).

I need to fix this, collision between sprites not work perfectly for now...

2. Gases from the exausts. The more acceleration the more gases.

really? I find it not very realistic

View PostGambini, on Dec 31 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

The system is great as it CA. The only problem is that the camera doesn´t get aligned with the bike´s direction.

you already can firing while you drive, in all directions, with the duke's animations... I am disappointed that some have not even noticed. That is why the camera is not fixed. I could add a key for those who wish to fix the camera, but you can not aim and shoot if the camera is fixed. however, there is a problem with the fire system ... when the bike goes forward or backward, the coordinates of the camera not follow correctly the sprite of the bike, the player going back or front of the bike's sprite and fire itself. I am trying to correct this.

4. On/off like in real bikes. Duke should search for keys to be able to use the dukebike. And I want to be able to hear the start sound of the bike.

that's cool I'll do

5. Maybe a horn that will make enemies fear and spread (thus easier to kill).

aliens who are afraid of a horn ??! :lol:

View PostDanM, on Jan 1 2010, 02:58 AM, said:

well here is a temp patch to make it work with dukeplus
extract to your duke3d dir with dukeplus 206 and run the Dukebike for Dukeplus.bat
really fun throwing pipebombs while nailing ppl with the double barrell on the bike :lol:
http://myfreefilehos...262ebc53_5.51MB

i told you it was easy to add this mod in other mod .. simply cut the code of the bike, and adapt dukebike.def, DanM thanks I'll try it

This post has been edited by Muelsa: 01 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

yeh and i am a total retard with coding, its a well known fact around here lol

my only complaints is please make space brake, and use to get off the bike again, ive jumped of it so many times now

as for weapons, i say, only shotguns (and dp pipepombs)

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostMuelsa, on Jan 1 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

however, there is a problem with the fire system ... when the bike goes forward or backward, the coordinates of the camera not follow correctly the sprite of the bike, the player going back or front of the bike's sprite and fire itself. I am trying to correct this.

I corrected the shooting while the bike forward. Now you can shoot without problem. working with last eduke build + the test map

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCOFO1SB

@Muelsa, you haven't seen the movie?

Only grand-mom's music (played in the pickup) killed all aliens and stopped invasion.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View Postsupergoofy, on Jan 1 2010, 03:52 AM, said:

@Muelsa, you haven't seen the movie?

Only grand-mom's music (played in the pickup) killed all aliens and stopped invasion.

You talk about Mars attacks ?? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yep. Very funny movie. That was my thought about the horn. Maybe a silly idea. :lol:

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

That's one hell of a motorbike.. it'll be probably a lot of fun blasting each others asses off those in MP!
The controls are perfect IMO, I've always found steering with the mouse very cumbersome. There's a minor bug that I can't nail quite exactly... sometimes, the sitting Duke model changes into the jetpack-flying one while on the bike!

delete texture and texture.cache files

I will check to see if that happens to my setup

[edit]

no problems here

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 01 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't even have a copy of the HRP, so I don't know what it looks like when he's on the bike. I think the controls just feel very unnatural. It's a cool bike, but I think it should turn with the camera, personally.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jan 1 2010, 09:05 PM, said:

I don't even have a copy of the HRP, so I don't know what it looks like when he's on the bike. I think the controls just feel very unnatural. It's a cool bike, but I think it should turn with the camera, personally.

You suck!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

How so?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Please don't turn this thread into a debate about the HRP, thanks.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jan 1 2010, 10:55 PM, said:

How so?

The controls are perfect for me. In fact they couldn't be any better.

User is offline   Gambini 

CA have you played any GTA game later gta3? All vehicles are driven that way. The only difference is that the camera gets slowly aligned to the vehicle´s direction when the mouse isn´t moving. And that´s of course an addition that Muesla should try to add.

I think this mod is just perfect. Some of you should be glad that this CAN be done in Eduke32 and that Muelsa put so much work in this to make this happen.
Great job!

Edit: Sorry double post

This post has been edited by insane_metalhead: 01 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

View PostGambini, on Jan 2 2010, 12:35 PM, said:

CA have you played any GTA game later gta3? All vehicles are driven that way. The only difference is that the camera gets slowly aligned to the vehicle´s direction when the mouse isn´t moving. And that´s of course an addition that Muesla should try to add.

Not to flame or nothing, but yes that is correct and I like that control setup but you can also change it to the way CA is stating by mouse turns.

I think it was in the mouse options or something in SA.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I just tried it out. Amazing work. The most impressive thing to me is how the bike has real inertia, making you slide when you turn and brake, etc. The modeling and animations are also great (and I'm guessing that took longer to do than the coding).

Some bugs:
The crosshair does not correspond to where Duke is actually aiming when on the bike.
Collision damage is inconsistent: sometimes I take no damage at all. Also, it does not seem to detect sprite collisions, and the damage does not seem to be scaled to the speed of the bike.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostGambini, on Jan 1 2010, 06:35 PM, said:

Yes, I have. But only on a Playstation 2 so I had joysticks. Either way, I don't really see the point of shooting behind yourself, because no one could control a motorcycle, shoot a shotgun, and keep driving in real life, and in a game you can't see where you're driving. Its up to Muelsa I guess.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 01 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jan 2 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

I don't really see the point of shooting behind yourself, because no one could control a motorcycle, shoot a shotgun, and keep driving in real life,

Uh, can I say wrong?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jan 1 2010, 04:53 PM, said:

I don't really see the point of shooting behind yourself, because no one could control a motorcycle, shoot a shotgun, and keep driving in real life, and in a game you can't see where you're driving.

Did you just imply that video games should only allow us to do things we can do in real life?

View PostDeeperThought, on Jan 2 2010, 02:05 PM, said:

Did you just imply that video games should only allow us to do things we can do in real life?

You can do that in real life though, I scored a rabbit out of it too. :lol:

This post has been edited by The Commander: 01 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options