Duke4.net Forums: Custom Art in Mapster - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Art in Mapster

User is offline   Milo 

Hey, new guy here.

After looking through the forums I can put perfect looking sprites with transparency so they show up in-game, so that's not the problem. What I need to do now is have it so said sprites show up in Mapster. Is there a way to do this without just modifying the default Duke3d.grp? I tried writing a .bat to open Mapster using the -j and -g command line parameters, but no joy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMilo, on Dec 16 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Hey, new guy here.

After looking through the forums I can put perfect looking sprites with transparency so they show up in-game, so that's not the problem. What I need to do now is have it so said sprites show up in Mapster. Is there a way to do this without just modifying the default Duke3d.grp? I tried writing a .bat to open Mapster using the -j and -g command line parameters, but no joy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Put your .art files loose in the same directory as mapster32.exe

If the tiles are shown ingame, they should work in the editor as well. The command you need is /g********.grp (or -g), both EDuke32 and Mapster32 share the same command line parameters.

User is offline   Milo 

Thanks guys, all sorted now.

User is offline   Stabs 

as an alernative, you could set them as PAL 40+ values and just stack them on the same tile, no need for .art files

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options