Duke4.net Forums: Need help - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help  "Please"

User is offline   Flesh420 

Ive done a little searching to see if anyone else is having these problems but couldnt really find anything that actually related to me.

So I can play every other port for Duke3d just fine, but it seems with Eduke that it runs fine but sometimes it just randomly crashes and or freezes. Ive tried and tried to recreate it but I cant, it just seems to happen randomly. Sometimes I can play it for like an hour or 2 with no probs and sometimes it crashes within the first 3 minutes, so I dont know what it could be? I have the newest version and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I also have the newest drives for my card and cpu.

Thank you!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFlesh420, on Dec 1 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

Ive done a little searching to see if anyone else is having these problems but couldnt really find anything that actually related to me.

So I can play every other port for Duke3d just fine, but it seems with Eduke that it runs fine but sometimes it just randomly crashes and or freezes. Ive tried and tried to recreate it but I cant, it just seems to happen randomly. Sometimes I can play it for like an hour or 2 with no probs and sometimes it crashes within the first 3 minutes, so I dont know what it could be? I have the newest version and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I also have the newest drives for my card and cpu.

Thank you!

This is a known bug that plagues recent builds of EDuke32. Here is a thread about it: http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1342

The developers don't have the crash at all, some people have it rarely, and some people have it so often that it makes the game almost unplayable.

User is offline   eddym4814 

You could also use a pre-polymer build for now:
eduke32_snapshot_20090313.zip

User is offline   AdamR 

I might try that build too, although to be fair I only get the crashing on the Caribbean add-on -- and it's very rare. I get it less if I turn off the option to pre-load all textures.

Ok im going to try that build. Thanks for the replies!

Just incase this might help someone some how, as of right NOW and playing it for awhile and restarting it multiple times I seem to be having 0 crashes with this build.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options