Duke4.net Forums: If a pipebomb lands on you, you don't collect it - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If a pipebomb lands on you, you don't collect it

User is offline   AdamR 

Noticed this while trying to throw a pipebomb in the window shown.

It missed the gap, bounced off the wall, and landed on me. I expected that I would automatically take it, but instead it just floated on top of me.

Bug or feature? :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.jpg

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Ha, I've never seen that. I don't think this counts as a bug, if pipebombs were picked up while in the air like that it would be pretty pointless to lob one in multiplayer.

User is offline   Franpa 

But maybe it can be made so that in single player it does get collected while MP it doesn't?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

If anything, it would be changed so that you can collect your own pipebombs like that but not anyone else's, not some weird deviation in behavior between different game modes like that.

User is offline   Franpa 

Well, that's just as good from the end users perspective.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The "bug" has nothing to do with pipebombs in particular, it happens because the player can only pick up objects that are 844 build units or less away (which can be modified in USER.CON). The player is about 1024 units tall (8192 z units == 1024 xy units), so if something is resting right on top of him he can't pick it up. In the WGR2 TC, items spawned by treasure chests sometimes land right on top of the player and the same thing happens. It's kind of annoying, but the only ways I could think of fixing it using CON code would be to increase pickup distance (not cool), have the items spawn at the player's feet (not cool; I like them jumping out of the chests) or change the code for all the items so they find the player with a greater vertical distance than horizontal (inelegant and uses more CPU, because right now they use ifpdistl like items in the original game).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options