Duke4.net Forums: Gray Matter - Jane Jensen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gray Matter - Jane Jensen  "Laffer - READ!"

User is offline   avatar_58 

http://www.adventure...tem.php?id=1256

Jane Jensen's new game is actually back! :) Between this and Al Lowe's game I'm really excited.

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Pretty weird, Gray Matter is also a developer :eek:

Gray Matter is now my most anticipated release of 2007 :) Heres some news for you:

http://www.actiontri...raymatter.phtml

http://www.adventure...article/id,678/

The game will play out in a semi-linear fashion using the "string of pearls" model that was common at Sierra in the early days. At the beginning of each chapter, there are many different tasks that can be solved in any order. When all tasks are solved, the end of the chapter will be triggered.

The puzzles will be quite classic, as inventory and logic puzzles will represent the main challenge of the adventure. The difficulty will be modest, so that genre newcomers should have a chance, too. There won't be any hard puzzles right at the beginning of the game, Jensen said, but there will be more complex puzzles later on, fully integrated into the storyline so that players will be motivated instead of discouraged. Thankfully, there won't be any gameplay annoyances like pixelhunting in Gray Matter.

Along with the puzzles, there will also be some minigames for the unique abilities of Sam and David that can be controlled via special menus. Sam can do several magic tricks while the neurobiologist is able to perform hypnosis. If there will be death sequences in the game, they will only occur in the finale.

There should also be good news for fans of the Gabriel Knight soundtracks. If all goes well, Robert Holmes, composer and husband of Jensen, will likely provide the music for Gray Matter.

According to dtp, the targeted release date of Gray Matter is the fourth quarter of 2007.

I haven't been so excited about an adventure game release in a long time.

avatar_58, on Aug 30 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

I haven't been so excited about an adventure game release in a long time.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not even about Ankh? :) B)

Cerberus_e, on Aug 30 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

Not even about Ankh? :) B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've read Ankh isn't even that great. I didn't feel like ordering online so I wouldn't know. It is coming out in box form soon enough:

http://www.ebgames.c...uct%5Fid=646690

So maybe I'll let you know if I pick it up. However I don't see much to be excited about.

http://www.adventure.../article/id,611

(especially since I hear starforce is attached)

It was just a joke :) I have played the demo by the way, I didn't think it was very bad, only the voice acting is terrible (Black people with an ugly American accent representing Egyptians? B)). The same people are making a new adventure game by the way, I posted about it on the 3D Realms forums a while ago.

Aren't you worried she calls the difficutly "modest"? B)

You successfully made 2 adventure game corners now :tinyted:

Cerberus_e, on Aug 30 2006, 03:53 PM, said:

Aren't you worried she calls the difficutly "modest"? B)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Her idea of modest is *still* difficult, play Gabriel Knight to see that. :) Even if they were only half the length and difficulty they would still be good.

User is offline   laffer 

Damn this sounds awesome! :)
I hope this game does very well but I doubt it.

I have faith, she's not made one bad game yet. I just hope she's got a good group of fellows to make her project a reality this time.

User is offline   laffer 

Yes, if so this could be one of the best games in a long time.
I can't wait to play this :)

avatar_58, on Aug 31 2006, 08:11 AM, said:

I have faith, she's not made one bad game yet.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

King Quest 8?

Isn't Gabriel Knight famous enough for their collection? :)
Also, do they plan on removing the old copy protection and including their own?

Cerberus_e, on Aug 31 2006, 08:49 AM, said:

King Quest 8?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not jensen you noob. :) You are probably thinking of Roberta, but even she had very little to do with KQ8. That game was made after the corporation bought Sierra and forced them to make shitty games.

EDIT - Minor update: Robert Holmes (GK) is doing the score. B) Perfect!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options