Duke4.net Forums: On the way to abandom .art files - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the way to abandom .art files

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Eduke has been running to turn Editart and other .art editors deprecated. Although I still need to make a big request, or so I cannot leave .art files properly.

1 - While there is tilefromtexture, there is no way to define the offsets. I suppose this is something that may be under construction.

You cannot fix this using setuptile, first because setuptile only works with 32-bit textures and don't works with head-up-display images. Second, and most important, the offsets actually affect the gameplay because the "vertical clipdist" (if you understand what I mean) is determined by offsets and you can't do this with setuptile.

2 - Minor, but still problematic: animtilerange is unable to override default animations in .art files.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The tilefromtexture definitions have "xoffset" and "yoffset". What about them doesn't work?

User is offline   Fox 

I didn't knew of that. How do I miss that...

Can you do something about the second problem? I have been trying to replace over the default art files, I can adjust speed of animations, but I have trouble editing the frame amount.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

How are you defining them? At first glance, it looks like the code for animtilerange should support changing the number of frames just fine.

User is offline   Fox 

For example, if I try to change the number of frames from E1L1 cinema film:
animtilerange 1280 1283 4 2

Here I am trying to change the frame number to 4.

This won't work, it will do something like increment the number of frames from art files plus 4 (I am not sure, need to check).

But if I for example want to change only the speed of Freezeammo, I must do this:
animtilerange 37 37 4 2

As you can see I don't defined any range of frames, but it will works as 3 frames because this is how it is defined at art files.

This post has been edited by Ilovefoxes: 15 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options