• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WG Realms 2 Episode 1 Released!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD

MIRROR 1

(The mirror link will be restored as soon as the new version is on the mirror).

A new version has been uploaded as of the last edit time.

Changelog

11-12-09 v1.0RC3

-wgx3.map has some bug fixes to prevent the player from cheating
-bleeding now occurs only from melee attacks
-armor absorbs a higher percentage of damage (and runs out faster)
-because the lack of bleeding and better armor makes the game much easier, monster damage has been changed:
Piece of Cake 50%
Let's Rock 75%
Come Get Some 100%
It's a Good Day to Die 125%
-added a new pal of shotgun demon that sometimes appears on GD2D difficutly
-updated some of the game tips and formatted them better
-Fixed a bug causing dead fish to be targetted by player allies
-Fixed a bug involving queued rockets
-All semi-visible monsters now become completely visible when goggles are used
-Minor changes to the big Death Knight boss near the end of wgx2.map (he spawns minions less often but sometimes uses a lightning aura)
-Changed the final boss so now it's impossible to kill him in 10 seconds before he gets to do much of anything

Known bugs/issues
-After a random amount of gameplay (usually 20 minutes or so), some sounds do not play correctly. To restore sound to normal, you need to quit eduke and then start it again (sound will work correctly for a while after you load your saved game).
-There's a rare glitch which can cause the sky in some sectors to not return to their normal color after using Quad Damage. I can't reproduce it, and there is nothing I can see wrong with the code that changes sky color.
-Recent builds of EDuke32 have been known to freeze every once in a while. Sometimes I can go through an entire game without it happening at all, sometimes it happens twice in one level. It also varies a lot from one computer to another.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 14 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Awesome!
Downloading now.

User is offline   Gambini 

Finally guys this is going to be great :)

User is offline   necroslut 

Awesome! Downloading now!

User is offline   XThX2 

It's great that both this and NR's new version has been released. I can keep myself occupied with something else other than my mod :) Perfect ! :)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 08 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!!!

User is offline   Spiker 

I finished the first 2 levels and it's pretty impressive :) It's cool how the wizzard follows you and the general impression is epic. I like the complexity of the levels. The only 2 things that surprised me was the music from AOE and that these bees from SW didn't attack me (wasted some ammo) :)

User is offline   daniel262b 

awesome stuff, very polished and fun to play! :)

User is offline   MetHy 

Damnit I'm just turning in rouind in level 2. I've found 2 gems and it seems that I need 2 more.

Also I found a bug in level 1, I was fooling around the level before accessing the first chest and apparently the magician guy dude made the gold appear somewhere else in the level and I couldn't find it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

To be honest I didn't like the first WGRealms, but this tc is actually pretty damn good!

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMicky C, on Nov 8 2009, 11:38 AM, said:

To be honest I didn't like the first WGRealms, but this tc is actually pretty damn good!

I think WGR1 is the best Duke mod EVER. The atmosphere is jsut unique.

Also is the wizzard still supposed to follow me in level 2? cause he disappeared, maybe that's why I'm stuck?

User is offline   necroslut 

I've played it for a bit now, and it's great. It's amazing how you've made it feel like a completely different game.

User is offline   MetHy 

nvm lol

I didn't see the "30" chest near the other gems

User is offline   Spiker 

I wonder if there will be some guide how to find golden apples and ammo packs heheh:)

Oh, and I forgot to mention how awesome are the new level ending scre......... ens :)

This post has been edited by Spiker: 08 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

very 90's :) having alot of fun with this now

User is offline   corpy 

Whoa O_O
Yeah Trying it out now!

Congratulations on the first release! Can't stop playing it!

User is offline   XThX2 

Ugh, I've come to the 4th level and stuck on the ice cell part ! I tried like 10 minutes then stopped :/ How the hell can duke escape there :/

EDIT : A bug I've noticed. The chainsaw's offsets are wrong. The weapon looks like it's flying when you run around.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 08 November 2009 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

If you save during a boss and then load, the boss music won't be there anymore.

What to say:

Posted Image

EDIT : A bug I've noticed. The chainsaw's offsets are wrong. The weapon looks like it's flying when you run around.

If you save during a boss and then load, the boss music won't be there anymore.

Same, BTW minor bugs after all.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 08 November 2009 - 05:35 AM

User is offline   Sebastian 

I gave it a whirl but I couldn't get past that tutorial map which has you starting fighting a demon with a sword and a shield, you walk a path up to the top of a mountain and have to activate something with three batteries, which I could only find two of!

I don't know if you have to kill all the killerbees in order to unlock something, but I couldn't reach them with my chainsaw in any case. Any help?

edit: Nevermind - found it!

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 08 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

Just downloaded it, played it and it's AMAZING as I expected !
By the way, just discovered something fishy, check the textures count in this image.
This happens after being killed a few times and reloading a savestate.

Posted Image

http://img156.images...4/wgr2count.jpg

This post has been edited by Headless_Horseman: 08 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

Best mod ever =D...no really...

i just read "Multiplayer weapons/switches.
Pal 1 = COOP

Pal 2 = DM"

in the manual,so WGR2 is suppossed to work in multiplayer?(maybe in the future?)

oh and there is a strange bug with the eduke32.exe in the zip,when i've tried to play with it (in multiplayer),we got always the same "multiplayer id" so the game crash...
It occurs always (with or without WGR2 mod)...
i've downloaded the snapshot from the official eduke32 website and it work now...

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostKenny mckormick, on Nov 8 2009, 07:40 AM, said:

i've downloaded the snapshot from the official eduke32 website and it work now...

The eduke32.exe included with wgr2 is more recent, and it fixes a few bugs. For example, if you use the last official snapshot, the game will crash at the end and you won't get to see the end of the game.

User is offline   Spiker 

Hmmm I don't know if it's a bug or a mistake bug there should be 10 apples and 2 ammo packs per level. However in "the hell freezes over" level I got 8/11 apples and 2/3 ammo packs in the statistics.

I keep getting a hall of mirrors effect with wild textures when I try to play it. I'm assuming I've done something I'm not supposed to with the install? (all i did was unzip it to the duke folder.)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on Nov 8 2009, 08:34 AM, said:

Hmmm I don't know if it's a bug or a mistake bug there should be 10 apples and 2 ammo packs per level. However in "the hell freezes over" level I got 8/11 apples and 2/3 ammo packs in the statistics.

I don't think my counting code is broken, I'm pretty sure that level has the number it says. WG will have to confirm that. When the map starts for the first time, there's some code that counts all the apples, and adds the number of possible apples that could spawn (from respawns, etc.), and the same for ammo packs.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostColon Semicolon, on Nov 8 2009, 08:45 AM, said:

I keep getting a hall of mirrors effect with wild textures when I try to play it. I'm assuming I've done something I'm not supposed to with the install? (all i did was unzip it to the duke folder.)

Try unzipping into an empty folder instead and see what happens (the TC is entirely self-contained and doesn't need anything from your Duke folder to run). I'm guessing you have managed to override the art from WGR2 with your own custom art in your Duke folder.

View PostSpiker, on Nov 8 2009, 08:34 AM, said:

Yeah that level has that many, its not a bug, I guess I can remove 1 of each to make it more normal.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 08 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Played it, I think I got medieval on their asses.
The final boss fight with jump boots felt somewhat fresh. =)
The TC itself is full of things borrowed from different games, there are very few original things. Definitely, this is bad.
I liked the impressive level design, gameplay is quite interesting, lighting rocks but visibility haze is too heavy outdoors... new blood & gore FX is wonderful. However, I've noticed COUNTLESS bugs with textures, geometry etc. I had several crashes when just walking around.
I don't like the new HUD at all, random and untidy. HUD weapon sprites look just ugly. And I found irritating those souls following me everywhere. Duke 3D isn't like Oddworld.
Imho, first WGR was better.
Anyway, thanks for this, I'll be waiting for next releases. =)

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options