Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DN3D copying Army Of Darkness?

User is offline   Postal 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also alot of there lines are the exact same. like "hail to the king, baby",
I cannot be the only person to notice this, im just saying. It is sort of funny.

User is offline   SwissCm 

View PostPostal, on Nov 5 2009, 02:51 PM, said:

Also alot of there lines are the exact same. like "hail to the king, baby",
I cannot be the only person to notice this, im just saying. It is sort of funny.

No you aren't. Bruce Campbell isn't too happy with 3D Realms for ripping Ash/Evil Dead off.

Nothing about Duke Nukem is original, almost every quote he says is a "homage" to something else.

This post has been edited by SwissCm: 04 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

i think its more of a 3d onwards kind of thing

i dont think 1 & 2 really had voice sounds to really define a character that well (dont know haven't played them, as far as i am concerned duke started and ended with 3d)

as a character duke 3d is designed and similar to ash, but in the same sense you could say 80's action movies always wanted to have their own Schwarzenegger or segal

but the game as a whole revolves around pop culture and poking fun at it

look at family guy, simpsons, they use it alot too

it just another line of humor, don't hate it

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDanM, on Nov 5 2009, 01:45 AM, said:

i dont think 1 & 2 really had voice sounds to really define a character that well (dont know haven't played them, as far as i am concerned duke started and ended with 3d)

Lets not be hating on Zero Hour, Time to Kill or Advanced now.

User is offline   Stabs 

iam just not into that genre iam sure there fine games with greater graphics than duke3d, but they are just not through the eyes of duke, an fps just does it better for interaction which really won it for me in the day over quake, which had no interaction, you didnt even need to press buttons.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDanM, on Nov 5 2009, 03:01 AM, said:

iam just not into that genre iam sure there fine games with greater graphics than duke3d, but they are just not through the eyes of duke, an fps just does it better for interaction which really won it for me in the day over quake, which had no interaction, you didnt even need to press buttons.

Which genre? Advanced was basically a portable version of duke3d with custom missions. Zero Hour feels more or less just like Duke 3D, except with 3D models, and in a first person... and time to kill, well okay its a bit of a tomb-raider cross bred with Duke Nuke, but its still Duke.

The graphics have nothing to do with my enjoyment of Zero Hour btw, its the friggin story that rules.

As far as Bruce Campbell is concerned, I love the dude to pieces, but this is always one thing that has annoyed me. The Evil Dead series paid many homages to other horror films.

User is offline   necroslut 

Duke as a character is really nothing like Ash. There are a couple of llines from AoD, but that doesn't make it a ripoff, just a reference. Movies do that all the time.
As for the cover similarities, that was very common back in the days. Just compare the Contra cover art with the Predator poster.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options