Duke4.net Forums: Dark Messiah - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Messiah

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

This game deserves a thread for itself, so here it is...
First off, if you don't know what Dark Messiah is, or if you want any official info, it should be listed on Ubisoft's offical Dark Messiah Forums in this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8...43/m/1211098214

Discuss, ask questions to those who played the demo (or full game when the time comes) or just tell us how plain awesome it is... :)

Share tactics, tips and funny/cool moments you encountered, post screenshots, and post updates with any new info about the game here...

Spoilers should naturally be kept inside spoiler-tags...
The demo is availabe all over the internet, so get it where ever you find it, it's worth it, really :cool:

Currently i don't have anything more to add..!

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Tell us you can arrow yourself in the foot, and how you hope Duke Nukem Forever has the same feature with its weaponry, we like hearing about that :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Well, i did that twice already... once here, and at 3DR...
But that's not enough B)

Did anyone notice, that you can arrow yourself on the foot..? :) Full body awareness rocks..! B)
Stand upright, and aim down your foot, and take damage, or set fire on it, to provide extra pain to yourself... You masochist B)

I want this feature to DNF's Full body awareness aswell...
I'd cry of laugher, if i could aim my pistol, or worse at my foot, and hurt myself, and maybe even hear some comment by Duke, of how stupid i am B)

User is offline   avatar_58 

I set a box on fire, then when I rose it above my head it burned me :) This game has the best full body awareness I've seen yet, I hope they do some scenes like in Condemned to really highlight its use.

User is offline   Micki! 

Well, Orcs can pick you up by the throat, and throw you backwards into stuff... Happened to me, when i wasn't carefull...

Also, if you like sneaknig, try going for the chain, hanging to your left after you get over the "tram"... It leads to a window, right where the Orcs are patrolling... Beyond the window, there are plenty of hiding places, and shadowing, so you can hide... And there's a fireplace right there too, so you can fire up your arrow, and kill enemies with it...

Arrows that are set on fire, will instantly kill an enemy, even if he's wearing a helmet, if you hit him in the head, while he's un-alarmed...

There's so much you can do, in so many ways... Damn i'm looking forward to it...

This game reminds me of a first person Quest for Glory with respect to how many different paths they have for each 'profession'. If it keeps up that way for the whole game then its going to be really fun.

User is offline   Micki! 

here's one reply by my from 3DR:

Micki! said:

Mountain Man said:

Playing through as a mage was an interesting experience.

Yeah, i just think it's too bad thet you start with so low maximum Mana... The Freeze spell needs mana to be refilled after just two shots :) i really liked that spell alot... But they are also really "expensive" (skill points)

I wonder if it's possible in the full game, to fully upgrade every ability that can be "bought" with skill points...B)

I wonder where you get your skill points from, hmmm :)

User is offline   Micki! 

I reckon i heard you get them by completing an objective... I think there might be optional objectives too, so you can choose if you want to go through something, to earn skill points...

GREAT demo!! Very reasonable load times (for Call of Juarez it was literally over 5 minutes EVERY time) and unlike Call of Juarez, I actually got a playable framerate. In fact, it only seemed to be about 10 or so FPS slower than HL2.

One odd thing, though maybe it's just a problem with my drivers (I'm using the NGO optimized 1.9137 with a 256MB Geforce FX 5900 Ultra): whenever I get hurt (and the screen flashes red a la Doom3 or Prey), but only when I get hurt, this white square with a diagonal line through it is superimposed over the screen. Just a random video error?

Someone tell him I had the same when I played the game in DX 8.1 mode, not in DX9. Tell him to try another rendered (DX9, but since he has a weak card, DX8 or even DX7 if that doesn't work). of course I deserve full credit B) B) :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Hmm... i'll do that... when i'm bored...

Too lazy atm actually.. :)

Reminds me of the days when i had to live with a GeForce MX440...

God, i still feel the pain... B)

Micki!, on Aug 17 2006, 03:24 PM, said:

Reminds me of the days when i had to live with a GeForce MX440...

I see your MX440 and raise you an ATI Rage 128! B) Try living with a card that can barely run HL at 640x480....and that was maybe a little over a year or so ago for me :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options