Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Stranded - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Stranded  "Anybody Interested In This?"

Poll: Anybody Interested In This? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Anybody Interested In This?

1. Yes I Am. (10 votes [43.48%])

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

2. No I Am Not. (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. It's An OK Idea. (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

4. I Should Not Bring Garrys Mod Content Into Duke. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Am A Happy Clown. (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I'll just paste the readme to save time. :o

Duke Nukem Stranded 0.1

Insight:
Made this little mod idea while I was at work, as the PC at work is not very powerful Ive been limited to software mode. So this works on 8bit Software, 32bit Polymost/Polymer with or without the HRP.

The idea behind this comes from GM_Stranded, anyone who has played Garrys mod will have most likely had a go at it.

Install:
Simply extract DNS.rar to a NEW FOLDER (Name it how you like) that ONLY contains the "DUKE3D.GRP" file and double click "Duke Nukem Stranded.bat"
Click "YES" when it asks about importing the configuration file.

Basic Controls:
Quick Kick: Spawn Menu
Look Up: Exit Spawn Menu
Forward/Backward/Strafe: Controls for moving about the Spawn Menu
Use: Drinking Water, Getting Sprouts from Trees, Making A Selection In The Spawn Menu

Trees and Rocks:
You will need word, stone and other various materials to make objects for living on your new island a more enjoyable and relaxing experience. To harvest most of these materials go up to something you suspect of being usable and kick it with your Might Boot (Weapon 1)
Note: Certain materials won't be of much use until further refined.

Spawn Menu:
Here you can find all the items you need to make on your island, simple select one and providing you have the correct resources it will spawn at your feet. (Further work on this effect is quite needed)

HUH I DIES?!? THIRSTY WTF?:
There are four bars displayed in the top left.

Red:
Health. This is your players Health, when ANY of the other bars displayed below reach zero your health will start to decrease. If this bar reaches zero you will die.
Blue:
Thirst. Living on a hot island makes you very thirsty and you will need plenty of fluid to stay alive. To replenish your thirst bar is very easy, simple wade into any water and press the "USE" key.
Oddly enough you don't seem to have any side effects from drinking salt water. (or do you?)
Green:
Hunger. Not Implemented Yet
White:
Tiredness. Not Implemented Yet

The Commander.
http://www.moddb.com...duke-theft-auto

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire...nd69811dsc9qv4v

If there is any interest in this I will continue it in my many hours of doing SFA at my job. lol

This post has been edited by The Commander: 20 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

well ill map up an island if there is enough interest, i need a vacation from city maps heh

View PostDanM, on Oct 24 2009, 01:38 PM, said:

well ill map up an island if there is enough interest, i need a vacation from city maps heh

If there is enough interest and I keep moving forward with it then you are more than welcome to DanM,
Many map idea's could come into play with this, as long as they have the basic's needed.

Water: Sector Tag 1
Trees: Sprite Number 10000 and 10001 till more are added.
Rocks: Sprite Number 10003 till more are added

Skyboxs start at slot number 11000, only one exist so far.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 23 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

User is offline   eddym4814 

Sounds interesting. Downloading now.

Little update,
Saturday 24 October 2009

* Added Hunger Bar Support and Tofu Sushi Plate to the spawn menu. Other E4L2 items can also be eaten.

http://www.filefront...782813/DNS.rar/ - Saturday 24 October 2009

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

Maybe I'm dumb, but I really can't see the "download" button on FileFront page... I have to subscribe ?
Can you please upload the file on MegaUpload or similar ?

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Refresh the page, then it shows up.

Ok, downloaded and tried it.
I just cannot figure how to harvest the sprouts... Perhaps you've to refinish them from wood ? I tried kicking the palm leaf, but nothing happens. It woul be nice to add sharks in the sea, so you can eat some deliciou shark sushi eheheh. And some random weather changes will make this perfect (you can use the DukePlus code, just in case). Maybe you can insert a pool of water guarded by some feral animal too, so you can drink only if you're skilled enough.
One of the biggest problem is that the "game time" is too fast : you barely have the time to try to accomplish something before dying of thirst.
Apart from this, it's surely an interesting mod, hope you continue on working on this. Perhaps you can include the mod in a bigger one based on a very big island with some secrets to find (I don't follow "Lost", so please don't ask).

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on Oct 25 2009, 03:12 AM, said:

I just cannot figure how to harvest the sprouts... Perhaps you've to refinish them from wood ? I tried kicking the palm leaf, but nothing happens.

You need to press the use button when facing a tree. (States this under the "Controls" in the readme :o)

It woul be nice to add sharks in the sea, so you can eat some deliciou shark sushi eheheh.

This is not a bad idea actually, kill the shark and harvest it's body to gain meat for cooking. (Similar to gaining the meat from an Ant Lion in GM_Stranded.)

Maybe you can insert a pool of water guarded by some feral animal too, so you can drink only if you're skilled enough.

Same as above.

One of the biggest problem is that the "game time" is too fast : you barely have the time to try to accomplish something before dying of thirst.

Just like GM_Stranded I plan to add a leveling system and resource system, right now you can carry 2147483647 of each resource which is a bit over kill.
Starting at a skill level of say 0 would mean you could only hold 35 resources total meaning that you would need to drop other resources if you were wanting to make something that costs exactly 35 WOOD for example.
Apon gaining a skill level the total holdable would go up by 5 and slowly decrease the speed of Thirst, Hunger, Tiredness while increasing Harvesting speed etc.
Tools will also be introduced to increase the amount you a given and certain tools will only be able to harvest certain resources so making/gaining a tool will be highly needed.

Apart from this, it's surely an interesting mod, hope you continue on working on this. Perhaps you can include the mod in a bigger one based on a very big island with some secrets to find (I don't follow "Lost", so please don't ask).

If I based this on Lost at all it would never end. ;)
Did you not like the Easter egg I already included at the start? ;)

EDIT: If anyone is interested and has Garry's Mod, you can play the actual game play mode that I'm getting all the ideas from.

202.6.157.130:27300 - Owning CS:S and having the PHX 3 model pack installed is a must.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

Stay tuned. :dukegoof:

User is offline   blizzart 

Can you upload the file again? It seems that the file on Filefront has been deleted.

Heh, I must of been drunk when I posted that "Stay tuned" post.
Oddly though I am still working on this, but it has a new working title and storyline etc.

The file above does not play anything like the current version but Ill fix the link anyway so you can see how crap it is.

http://www.mediafire...nd69811dsc9qv4v

User is offline   TON 

Is it possible to spawn duke bikes in a map by modifying Duke Nukem Stranded?

This post has been edited by TON: 24 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

What the fuck?

User is offline   TON 

Forget it TheCommander

This post has been edited by TON: 28 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Holy necropost, Batman.

I had to download this from this thread because I couldn't find it on my HD any more.
I had fun for 5 minutes kicking some trees and making some food to NOM NOM NOM on!

But yes you could spawn a Duke bike if you wanted to go to all the trouble of pasting the CON code and art over. (Not really worth it in the end IMO)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options