Duke4.net Forums: Redneck Rampage on Eduke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck Rampage on Eduke32  "An interesting hacking from Russia"

On AMC forums, Eddy Zykov posted this hacked version of Eduke32 that can run Redneck Rampage. It was made by Dmitry Grigoryev aka [dimag0g] (a C++ programmer).

http://rapidshare.co...984/program.rar

I tried it and it really works, although it's REALLY buggy.
However, it could be a nice starting point if someone wants to improve it. Personally, I would really love to play RR using the friendly Eduke port.

This post has been edited by Headless_Horseman: 18 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

I'm sure that TX already knows about it. Maybe we will see official support for Redneck Rampage in the future.

User is offline   Goldrick 

Would it be possible to load this port up to another download source? The rapidshare link refuses to work for me and I would like to give this a try even though it's bugged.

User is offline   Mikele 

Hi,
give a look here:
http://code.google.com/p/erampage/

This post has been edited by Mikele: 17 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Skulldog 

I'm using the RR Rides group file in main folder and it works when folder is set to NONE. It loads RR again with correct level titles.
I put Redneck1 group file in Redneck folder it works with correct level titles. I put route66.grp in route66 folder, and that works.
But all the other TC folders don't work right. No readme file to tell you how to setup correctly. Do I need to rename
the group files to make this work for all tc folders. Both redneck games use the same name for Redneck.grp file. Some of the
tc are for redneck rampage and the others are for Redneck rides again. Does anyone know the correct way to setup?

User is offline   Mikele 

View PostSkulldog, on Dec 18 2009, 03:55 AM, said:

I'm using the RR Rides group file in main folder and it works when folder is set to NONE. It loads RR again with correct level titles.
I put Redneck1 group file in Redneck folder it works with correct level titles. I put route66.grp in route66 folder, and that works.
But all the other TC folders don't work right. No readme file to tell you how to setup correctly. Do I need to rename
the group files to make this work for all tc folders. Both redneck games use the same name for Redneck.grp file. Some of the
tc are for redneck rampage and the others are for Redneck rides again. Does anyone know the correct way to setup?

The project is still embryonic, we just have to wait...

This post has been edited by Mikele: 18 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

Thanks. I'm sure gald somebody is working on Redneck Rampage TC for eduke32. It seems to work very well. Just needs some of the textures and switches fixed.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 18 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

User is offline   Franpa 

See here, http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=8217.0 to see that it violates the GPL. Newer versions however don't afaik.

User is offline   Jon 

View PostSkulldog, on Dec 17 2009, 07:55 PM, said:

You need to download the TC's first. Pick them up at: http://www.jonhunt.com/redneck

Most have their own group file so all you have to do is unzip them into the correct folder in eredneck, then just start the game with the correct folder selected. As the author of most of those TC's, I will be updating them as the eredneck mod progresses.

View PostJon, on Dec 26 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

You need to download the TC's first. Pick them up at: http://www.jonhunt.com/redneck

Most have their own group file so all you have to do is unzip them into the correct folder in eredneck, then just start the game with the correct folder selected. As the author of most of those TC's, I will be updating them as the eredneck mod progresses.

Thanks, I had all the group files. Just was not sure which REDNECK.GRP to use. Do I need to put The REDNECK.GRP in each folder? Like the the one for Dead folder,
would use redneck rampage group file and Again folder would use redneck rides again group file.

User is offline   Jon 

View PostSkulldog, on Dec 27 2009, 10:55 AM, said:

Thanks, I had all the group files. Just was not sure which REDNECK.GRP to use. Do I need to put The REDNECK.GRP in each folder? Like the the one for Dead folder,
would use redneck rampage group file and Again folder would use redneck rides again group file.

I've been messing around with this myself today and here is what I have found out so far. Using Dead as an example, I found out I had to extract the maps and 2 art tile files from the Dead.grp file and put them in the Dead folder of eredneck. Then start eredneck with the Dead folder selected. I lrft redneck.grp where it was. Bad news is that there is a huge bug in Dead causing the first level to be unplayable and the level skip cheat doesn't seem to work.

The other addons should work the same way, and I will be giving them a try later.

Yea, I think the Eduke.con needs some more programming, as well as the Game.con's. I see he has a user.con and game.con in each folder.
Do these override the game.con and user.con's inside Group files? I'm sure he will make it all work. He has done so much as it is.
BTW, I like all your addons.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 27 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

User is offline   Jon 

View PostSkulldog, on Dec 27 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

Yea, I think the Eduke.con needs some more programming, as well as the Game.con's. I see he has a user.con and game.con in each folder.
Do these override the game.con and user.con's inside Group files? I'm sure he will make it all work. He has done so much as it is.
BTW, I like all your addons.

Any file outside the group will override the file in the group. I found that all the maps in the Dead addon will not work. The sky texture in these levels is in the same slot as the Duke3d space texture that kills you the instant you step under it. The mansion map in Redneck also uses that texture, so it is something that will have to be fixed. I'm really looking forward to this addon being done, as Redneck Rampage was one of my all time favorites.

Thanks, I'm glad you like my addons.

User is offline   supergoofy 

eRampage build Mar 29, 2010 is released. Get it from:
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

It seems it is improved even further. Maybe someday will be able to fully play Redneck Rampage and then maybe it can be integrated to the parent engine, EDuke32.

Downloading now :P

Sorry for the Necro bump but whatever happened to this project? I played it and it seemed pretty much 90% complete and the source code is freely available. Is there just no interest? Because Redneck Rampage isn't bad, may not be as good as Duke, Shadow Warrior, or Blood but it's still a fun old school shooter and deserves to be open source. It's a better candidate than Witchhaven...

User is offline   Mark 

There have been no more coding updates. However, I did start doing some hi-res textures and a few models for the game in between other projects. I'll get back to it some day and release what I have.

As a Windows 7 user, I needed to edit some of the Redneck Rampage addons for multiplaying (spawn spots for cooperative mode). I have used Erampage under Windows 7 previously but it crashes when you die. So I have decided to continue using DOSBox 0.74 to play Redneck Rampage for both single and multi-playing.

The orignal build program does not work well under Windows 7 (can't seems to view in 3D mode). However, I have noticed by using the Mapster32 under any EDuke32 utility, I was able to add those necessary 'spawn spots' for multiplaying. To make it work, I have renamed REDNECK.GRP (a copy) to DUKE3D.GRP and placed it under where Mapster32 is. Some of the elements is missing in a Redneck map (undentified sprites and such), but at least it's feasible for me to accomplish my goal in adding those spawn spots.

Sorry for Necro. But is it possible that someone could finish the TC?

I'll gladly start a Kickstarter ;) .

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

LAW worked on some improvements and the only thing remaining on his to-do list is to port the crowbar and RPG from RRRA. He enlisted me for help and I have had it in my queue (near the top too) and I will see about it once I can get my computer back together.

Cool! Great to see it's still alive. Is it possible to fix a few bugs that prevented finishing levels? Like keys not showing up and triggers not being activated?

User is offline   LAW 

All maps from the original Redneck Rampage (including final UFO map) and all maps from Route 66 (one map fixed) are fully playable. Effects like exploding gas stations and minecarts don't work for now. Now I will try to edit a few levels from Rides Again (not all, don't have time for this) and then I will release this neat (but not flawless) package.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I always wondered how the gas station exploded.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Did RR have sector swapping like SW? Don't recall. It's a cool effect either way though.

User is offline   LAW 

Dam, Jon is quick. Five maps from the episode 1 of Rides Again are done and I have edited E2L1 from the same game (dozens of CATTAILS needed to be edited manually, because these hardcoded b*tches were flying). We are getting close...

View PostDaedolon, on 02 June 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Did RR have sector swapping like SW? Don't recall. It's a cool effect either way though.

Exploding gas stations swap sectors and two levels included the swapping in big rooms: Refinery and Brothel. By the way, happy birthday and all the best Hexen fan :lol:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Interesting... TerminX? :lol:

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLAW, on 03 June 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

We are getting close...

If you guys are planning to release something soon then I can bump the subweapons back up on my list.

User is offline   LAW 

View PostHendricks266, on 03 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

If you guys are planning to release something soon then I can bump the subweapons back up on my list.

But how to make them? CON coding or source code editing? I think the second option seems better at the moment.

From what I remember you have planned a very professional approach on these weapons (proper setting on the screen etc.), you are also a supporter of original games, while this port plays the maps faithfully, some effects works differently. I don't know if you will like that.

This post has been edited by LAW: 04 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I don't mind because I know it's a recreation to get things playable without having any of the original source. It's not like you are trying to change things on purpose.

I could make them in C a bit more easily than in CON. Converting all the Duke weapons to CON took me a few days to accomplish using only four temporary gamevars. C code would also run faster.

User is offline   LAW 

So do you want anything from me? Sources are located here: https://code.google..../source/browse/

I have never messed with them and I guess your changes won't mess with my CON changes...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options