Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3d mods to add interactivity - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3d mods to add interactivity

User is offline   TURBOKID 

I was thinking about the jp tc and thought it would be cool to have trucks and stuff in regular duke 3d. Like dukes monster truck in dnf i think it could add a greater feel for the game. It has been said that polymer is the comunitys dnf so i have been thinking off things that could make it more so.
If anyone has had an idea they think could bring it more into today's gaming please post it here.
Maybe someone will see it and like the idea

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Don't just spout ideas and expect people to start working on them. Maybe that would be a good mod feature, maybe not. Polymer ≠ "community's DNF". In terms of game functioning, it is exactly the same as classic and Polymost. It just looks better.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Oct 9 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

I was thinking about the jp tc and thought it would be cool to have trucks and stuff in regular duke 3d. Like dukes monster truck in dnf i think it could add a greater feel for the game. It has been said that polymer is the comunitys dnf so i have been thinking off things that could make it more so.
If anyone has had an idea they think could bring it more into today's gaming please post it here.
Maybe someone will see it and like the idea

Here's what would need to be done for such features to be implemented

Vehicle code either borrowed from the creators of the JP TC and modified, or done from scratch.
Models, Textures, and Animations for new vehicles.
Vehicles inserted into existing maps, or new maps created from scratch.

Needless to say, big project, little focus. Its not a bad idea though. :o

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 10 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

Here's what would need to be done for such features to be implemented

Vehicle code either borrowed from the creators of the JP TC and modified, or done from scratch.
Models, Textures, and Animations for new vehicles.
Vehicles inserted into existing maps, or new maps created from scratch.

Needless to say, big project, little focus. Its not a bad idea though. :o

Thanks Commando ;) And Hendricks266 i am not just spoutin ideas and expecting people to work on then. Maybe you should have read the topic before posting.
Any ideas that could improve the game should go here in the hope a modder will see one and like it. It is just to give people ideas. I am not szaying here isd my idea now go and make it am i? No. i am saying maybe someone will com,e in see something someone has put and think hmm i may do somethink like that.
Though i don't care much of your idea, duke nukem is a war to save humanity not a "Flame war"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Oct 11 2009, 04:25 AM, said:

Thanks Commando :o And Hendricks266 i am not just spoutin ideas and expecting people to work on then. Maybe you should have read the topic before posting.
Any ideas that could improve the game should go here in the hope a modder will see one and like it. It is just to give people ideas. I am not szaying here isd my idea now go and make it am i? No. i am saying maybe someone will com,e in see something someone has put and think hmm i may do somethink like that.
Though i don't care much of your idea, duke nukem is a war to save humanity not a "Flame war"

Same thing. Idea threads are idea threads.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options