Duke4.net Forums: YouTube... Those bastards! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

YouTube... Those bastards!  "A rant, I am really annoyed!"

Sorry, but I'm annoyed, and have nobody else to vent my anger at.

OK, If all the constant viruses weren't enough, now I have this, Youtube has finally forced me to change my channel design!

This is impractical, and I urge anybody else who has a problem with it to make a video protesting, if we make enough, maybe they will give us the option to "opt-Out" - WHICH IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Look at that silly layout, also it crashes my browser and believe it or not hammers my CPU up to 100% usage on my server and my laptop - yeah, I'm back on my old server, good lord that was hard to repair.

Why oh why, If they don't fix this, I, and many other I am sure, will undoubtedly leave youtube! What a shit end to a shit day! I'm going to sleep now, I've had enough, good night.

Look at the state of it though! http://youtube.com/hightreason610 - in fact, you could go to any channel, they are all the same now!

There is nothing wrong with my channel.
http://www.youtube.c...er/geewillywizz
If your complaining about the new/but kinda old now/ channel designs, I personally like them a lot better now.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

The only problem I have with youtube is that it has so many ads since google purchased it.

User is offline   Kathy 

Huh? I can't see any difference. Same as it was month ago.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Google bought Youtube in 2006 and it has been getting more and more ads since they bought Youtube.

User is offline   Kathy 

I know. I was replying to High Treason about profile design.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about the amount of ads.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostLotan, on Oct 10 2009, 06:25 AM, said:

Huh? I can't see any difference. Same as it was month ago.

The "new design" hasn't been changed, it's just that people who sticked with the old design before are now forced to use the new ones.

I'd grown used to the old one and I'm not a big fan of the new one but I don't care enough to make a video about it. As long as I can still find all options easily there's not really a problem.

This "protest" is driven by nostalgia rather than objective criteria.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I knew this was going to happen for quite a while.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=o-PDdgMAoHs

But one of the rewards as such for us having to go through this shit is this,

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vOU5PRhvSgE - This means that you can possibly make money from one of your videos with out having to be an actual You Tube partner.

And one more just for good measures,
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NobXQvKz4IY

Lol. Why are they so badly designed?

User is offline   SpitFire 

I hate how they have ads now before videos. Easy to get around, just refresh the page.

but still annoying.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostSangman, on Oct 14 2009, 09:57 AM, said:

Lol. Why are they so badly designed?

They are to heavily dependent on Java now...

Also, if I look at someones channel and I want to find a certain video I have to scroll through a list now instead of clicking a button and having them all laid out in front of me in a nice grid. Might not be a problem you think... but when the person has over 100 videos it becomes one...

Plus many more things that suck, unless you use You Tube a lot these things will not effect you so much, bottom line. Beta sucks.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostThe Commander, on Oct 14 2009, 11:38 AM, said:

Also, if I look at someones channel and I want to find a certain video I have to scroll through a list now instead of clicking a button and having them all laid out in front of me in a nice grid. Might not be a problem you think... but when the person has over 100 videos it becomes one...

Plus many more things that suck, unless you use You Tube a lot these things will not effect you so much, bottom line. Beta sucks.

Agreed on every point.

I dont get why they even needed to change them at all. Whats the point? :o

I just noticed... what is youtube about... VIDEOS! well, the smallest are of the channel page is now videos - think about it, it is! sometimes you get an ad at the top right, which usually makes the player freeze for a while.

@The Commander
You can get a sort of grid view if you press that little grid button at the top right, but that is one of the things that occasionally makes my browser exit.

The problem for me is that it loads all videos up on one page, and seeing as my ISP struggles to get a reasonable speed it means it takes a few minutes for them all to appear and it also fills the bloody ram up big style on my older systems (Notably the Athlon XP with 1Gb ram)

View PostThe Commander, on Oct 14 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

How is that an argument.. The programming language doesn't matter, it's what you do with it. If the profiles look more large and bulky (I would agree with that) then that's fair and square but blaming Java for that is odd.

This is petty, you can just click the white "Favourites" link and then you'll have an entire list of videos.. you can either scroll through them or just use CTRL+F. It's different than the grid system but not really worse. And indeed there is that grid option which makes things a bit more like old times.

I do use YouTube a lot, but only for revisiting my favourites or things like that which is still easy enough.

I can understand that people got used to the old design and yeah, I liked that one better myself because it was all a bit more compact.. but some of you are really going too far in your criticism. Old design may have been better but it's not like this is pure crap, it's still user-friendly enough.. just different.

User is offline   johndough 

I also hate the new design.
They don't let you bookmark a person's video page anymore, it's all CHANNEL CHANNEL CHANNEL now.
You know what else I hate? When a video autoplays.

This post has been edited by johndough: 17 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options