Duke4.net Forums: Best EDITART 64-bit alternative? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best EDITART 64-bit alternative?

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

I previously posted this on 3DR, however this place seems to be the be-all-end-all board for Duke mods, etc.

I am looking for the best Vista 64-bit EDITART alternative, any suggestions? Has someone ported the original program?

Now I know I can use DOSBOX, however I was wondering if there was an easier way.

Worst comes to worst i'll wait for my free copy of Win7 Ultimate and use the XP mode, but I could have swore there were some programs out by now.

This post has been edited by Hudson: 07 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

There are some other programs, like Dukeres or BastArt.

At least for me I still need Editart cause it can mass move tiles from maps.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

There's also Wally and XWE.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

I know of Dukeres and Wally, you have links for the others?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I use a combination of DukeResART and bastART, although neither is as good as I'd like it to be.

http://archive.dukertcm.com/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've always just used the Eduke version of Editart, even on XP. Don't even need DOSbox.

• Weaponized Autism

If I knew how to program, the first thing I'd do is make a complete, modern ART tool, without the BS that you have to put up with from all tools available today.

User is offline   SwissCm 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 9 2009, 07:31 AM, said:

I've always just used the Eduke version of Editart, even on XP. Don't even need DOSbox.

64bit Windows doesn't have any DOS or 16bit support whatsoever, so DOSbox would be needed.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

If I knew how to program, I'd just add a bunch of crap to EDuke32 to try and eliminate the need for having to do much with changing the art files altogether. Something to create 8-bit art tiles from external textures, something to create placeholder tiles for high res redefinitions, etc.

Oh, wait.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostTX, on Oct 10 2009, 01:01 PM, said:

If I knew how to program, I'd just add a bunch of crap to EDuke32 to try and eliminate the need for having to do much with changing the art files altogether. Something to create 8-bit art tiles from external textures, something to create placeholder tiles for high res redefinitions, etc.

Oh, wait.

This joke is almost funny :o Anyway I'm guessing the next verion of eduke32 will have these features, that would be good ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSwissCm, on Oct 10 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

64bit Windows doesn't have any DOS or 16bit support whatsoever, so DOSbox would be needed.

I was talking about in my experience. I think using DOSbox shouldn't be a hassle at all.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 10 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

View PostSpiker, on Oct 10 2009, 08:39 AM, said:

This joke is almost funny :o Anyway I'm guessing the next verion of eduke32 will have these features, that would be good ;)

Ha ha ha.

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 8 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

What is eduke version of editart ? :o

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTX, on Oct 10 2009, 06:01 AM, said:

Oh, wait.

Tilefromtexture is cool, and useful for small amounts. But if you have a full-blown TC, then it's not going to be fun making DEF code, setting the offsets, adding in animation commands. Due to the "hard drive sector effect", what would be a 5MB art file may turn out to be 50MB of individual pictures on disk, unzipped.

I would add an automated ART->tilefromtexture converter, but that's all talk.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 10 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostXThX2, on Oct 10 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

What is eduke version of editart ? :o

It basically allows you to view more tiles than the one on your 1.5 disc. You're probably already using it.

User is offline   NerdZilla 

this is grate info... when i get more time im going read all the post and check out these programs you all mention.

thank you

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options