Duke4.net Forums: Is this considered copywrite? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this considered copywrite?

User is offline   Postal 

My brother is into plastic moulding. He is going to make me a Duke Nukem PC case. Because im sure as hell i would not want George Broussard to break into my house and sick his enforcers on me.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

As long as it's a one of a kind and he's not making and selling them, then there should be no issue.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Forge is right, 3D Realms would be completely cool with something like this and would have featured it in their fan art section in the past.

User is offline   Postal 

Ok sweet! im looking forward to it.

User is offline   SwissCm 

FYI It's copyright.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostSwissCm, on Oct 27 2009, 11:22 AM, said:

FYI It's copyright.

Hes asking if it infringes on copyright. It does not infringe on copyright to make a model for display. Its infringement if you try to sell them or mass produce them for your own benefit/profit.

User is offline   Sangman 

He obviously was just correcting the spelling of the word "copyright".

This post has been edited by Sangman: 27 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 28 2009, 04:34 AM, said:

It does not infringe on copyright to make a model for display. Its infringement if you try to sell them or mass produce them for your own benefit/profit.

Well, technically I'd say it would be violating copyright, though I'm sure 3DR wouldn't care and would actually think it's pretty cool. Most companies tolerate fan art since it doesn't actually hurt the company's bottom line (quite the opposite).

In any case I was just being an ass and correcting his spelling because I get annoyed by that mistake :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

FYI it should be 'I "got" annoyed by that mistake." :)

View PostMicky C, on Oct 30 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

FYI it should be 'I "got" annoyed by that mistake." :)

What I was inferring was not that I'm annoyed by that single instance but of all instances of misspelling the word "copyright" as "copywrite".

If I was to be annoyed only by his misspelling:
"In any case I was just being an ass and correcting his spelling because I got annoyed by his mistake"

If I am annoyed by all instances of the misspelling of copyright:
"In any case I was just being an ass and correcting his spelling because I get annoyed by that mistake"

so yah yer like totally wrong an stuff!!!

User is offline   SBG 

When you get it, post up some pics! :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options