Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 Polymer build on Ubuntu Linux crashes with LOG Included - OPENGL MODE WON"T WORK ON OLDER RELEASE EITHER. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 Polymer build on Ubuntu Linux crashes with LOG Included - OPENGL MODE WON"T WORK ON OLDER RELEASE EITHER.  "My Ubuntu source-compiled Eduke32 build crashes without any warnings."

User is offline   h8er 

hi i have solved creating the timidity.cfg in /etc now the game runs ! the only problem is i can't hear music (i have timidity++, sound is ok instead), maybe i have to configure something ? sometimes the game freezes and audio disappears too (i think the freezes are related to audio problems)

thanks in advance

Edit By Me: i have solved the music problem, i have installed the eawpats for timidity

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/audio/eawpats

and now the music works too

This post has been edited by h8er: 17 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   ZedDB 

View Posth8er, on Oct 17 2009, 05:44 PM, said:

hi i have solved creating the timidity.cfg in /etc now the game runs ! the only problem is i can't hear music (i have timidity++, sound is ok instead), maybe i have to configure something ? sometimes the game freezes and audio disappears too (i think the freezes are related to audio problems)

thanks in advance

Edit By Me: i have solved the music problem, i have installed the eawpats for timidity

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/audio/eawpats

and now the music works too

Ye the freezes is a known problem: http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1342
I've been getting them too for some time now :/

This post has been edited by ZedDB: 17 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

User is offline   WedgeBob 

A lot of high-end games usually do have troubles on Linux. I remember Postal 2, where the screen would fade to black from time to time, and it usually freezes if you do too much, like scare a whole area full of people, make a lot of cars go boom, etc... However, seeing Duke 3D Polymer freeze and crash on Linux, boy... Wonder if there may be a kernel update for that one.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 18 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   ZedDB 

View PostWedgeBob, on Oct 18 2009, 09:29 PM, said:

A lot of high-end games usually do have troubles on Linux. I remember Postal 2, where the screen would fade to black from time to time, and it usually freezes if you do too much, like scare a whole area full of people, make a lot of cars go boom, etc... However, seeing Duke 3D Polymer freeze and crash on Linux, boy... Wonder if there may be a kernel update for that one.

I have not had any problem with any high-end games for quite some time (HoN, ET:QW, Prey, Penumbra, Savage 2) and I didn't have any crashes/freezes with eduke32 till about a month ago.
Also this is not a linux specific problem :o

This post has been edited by ZedDB: 18 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   budulay 

Thanks a lot for the fix.

Fixed both grame crash on "Initializing Music..." and the music problem.

Runnin Eduke32 2 20091106 on Vector Linux Light 6.0.

PII 366 MHZ
256MB RAM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

And things run okay on that? That's way, way below the targeted system specs for EDuke32. I know I've heard of people running EDuke32 on various handheld gaming consoles and whatnot, but I think even a lot of those have specs now that exceed what you're running.

User is offline   budulay 

Yep, works with no problems(800x600 resolution, software rendering method)

I used to play duke nukem on DOS back in the day, so I am not surprised it runs on P2.

User is offline   Dayuppy 

Holy hell man, sorry. Lol, I am no longer running Linux. I have gone back to me XP hometown <_< This post is a year old! You bumped a dead thread mon!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options