• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game Freezes

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMarked, on Jan 9 2010, 06:53 PM, said:

I put my sound card settings back to normal in windows. I made a new install of 1581 and DukePlus and the sound problems during heavy gibbing has disappeared. But the loss of mouse control remains for me in those places.

Does the loss of mouse control occur when using Polymer in low frame rate situations? That's a Polymer issue that has been reported before; every player I have talked to experiences that, with or without DukePlus.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yes, this is starting to hurt me a lot. :lol:

User is offline   Mark 

There is no problem when running Polymer without DukePlus.

There is no problem when running DukePlus without Polymer.

It acts up only when both are enabled. I always run with the HRP.

EDIT: I went through the first 2 levels of duke with no DukePlus and had no problems. I then loaded another user map and in heavy Polymer lighting the mouse freeze did happen. So I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

This post has been edited by Marked: 09 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It will always happen in a vanilla/mod version of EDuke32 if your frame rate drops down into the red.
The only way to regain control of the mouse is to use the keyboard to turn around and look at something less CPU demanding.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Jan 9 2010, 09:08 PM, said:

It will always happen in a vanilla/mod version of EDuke32 if your frame rate drops down into the red.
The only way to regain control of the mouse is to use the keyboard to turn around and look at something less CPU demanding.

Yeah, and I have now realized it has nothing to do with Polymer, it happens in Polymost as well -- I thought it was Polymer because my frame rate drops below 10 more frequently in that renderer.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options