Duke4.net Forums: Eduke: Duke it out in DC Multi - HELP! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke: Duke it out in DC Multi - HELP!  "Multiplayer errors!"

User is offline   projectxy 

Hi,

Im trying to set up a multi player game using eduke and Duke Nukem 3D for Windows Menu.

I want to play Duke it out in DC. but i get the following errors:

mmulti: Failed resolving /c2
mmulti: Failed resolving /gDC\DC.grp
mmulti: Failed resolving /xDCGAME.CON

Now the odd thing is it works in Single player and when I start a fake server (bots!)

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

View Postprojectxy, on Sep 25 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

Hi,

Im trying to set up a multi player game using eduke and Duke Nukem 3D for Windows Menu.

I want to play Duke it out in DC. but i get the following errors:

mmulti: Failed resolving /c2
mmulti: Failed resolving /gDC\DC.grp
mmulti: Failed resolving /xDCGAME.CON

Now the odd thing is it works in Single player and when I start a fake server (bots!)

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

It looks like you want to put the DukeDC game options first, then -net, then the multiplayer options.

User is offline   projectxy 

View PostPlagman, on Sep 25 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

It looks like you want to put the DukeDC game options first, then -net, then the multiplayer options.

:o thanks for the reply... thought there might be an easy answer!... can you offer some assistance to me in what the syntax should be.

Many thanks

User is offline   NY00123 

Basically, you should see "Multiplayer games" here for samples: http://static.jonof.id.au/modsuppt/jfduke3...leasenotes.html
The network-related arguments should be the latest.
That is, the /c /g and /x arguments should appear before the /net and /n arguments.

As an alternative, you can also try a multi-player front-end called YANG. Link is in my signature.
If you try that out, both players should configure EDuke32, and for the Duke3D TC/MODs dir, select the directory with the CON and GRP files (assuming it's the same).
Then, one of you should start a room. The other should join.
The one who starts a room can password-protected it and advertise it, advertise non-protected, or not advertise at all.
In the latter case, the other player needs to join manually by IP (using the menu).

Possible issue: Port forwarding. Shouldn't be a problem if it's a game at home, and the room isn't advertised.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options