Duke4.net Forums: Wolfenstein ET Duke Nukem mod. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein ET Duke Nukem mod.  "Fount it and it is using HRP models and textures."

User is offline   corpy 

I found total conversion mod for Wolfenstein enemy territory. And it is using HRP Models and some textures. (probl. some sounds too)
Linky

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well what can I say. It Looks ugly with those maps. (no I havent DL it jet. Wont do it probl. too.)

User is offline   NY00123 

Interesting... ignoring the legal issues it has, I see no HRP contributors I'm aware of in the list of credits.
Right, I could see "Everybody I might forget or don't know about (I'm so stupid sometimes) Thanks guys/girls!!"
but you know what I mean.

User is offline   Spiker 

Don't get too cocky about that. Giving credits is not obligatory but it's just in good taste. Also don't mention that's illegal because of some license because there is enough stupid licenses/rules in this world. You could have have a license that would say that looking at you is something that people should pay for. Plus there are many mods that don't mention all this ripped stuff which is even more illegal than this! So stop talking that you know everything better than others. Besides Duke isn't the only game in the world.

User is offline   NY00123 

...What? All I said are things I want to say about it. It is not really legal considering the HRP license and 3DR copyrights; And how's the fact there are other games related?

This is it. Think I should finish now.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

The HRP license clearly states that the assets can't be used outside of Duke Nukem 3D, and I don't thiknk it's a stupid license given that they're full of IP owned by 3D Realms that you can't just use however you want. It _is_ against the license and therefore illegal, and the fact that some mods rip contents from other games has little to do with anything discussed here.

User is offline   Spiker 

Does it mean that breaking the law in some circumstances is better than in the other? Um, whatever.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

I didn't say that; I just said that it was illegal and that we shouldn't imply otherwise because some other thing is illegal as well (not "even more illegal", by the way). 3DR is usually pretty good at marking their IP territory and I'm sure they'll issue them a C&D if they deem it harmful to the integrity of their ownership of this IP.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Who cares, this mod sucks.

User is offline   corpy 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 23 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

Who cares, this mod sucks.

You are right!
It's really ugly with those models (models are great but with that game?). DN and WW2 Can't be connected.

This post has been edited by corpy: 24 September 2009 - 05:25 AM

User is offline   Postal 

The graphics are very poorly done. Im sure if you made the graphics better people would like it. Why dont you just use the original duke 3d graphics with a few new models?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postcorpy, on Sep 24 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

You are right!
It's really ugly with those models (models are great but with that game?). DN and WW2 Can't be connected.

Actually, they can. If I remember right, Duke is related to Billy Blaze (Commander Keen), and his grandfather or something was Blazkowicz I think.

Also, one of these new Duke games is supposed to take place partly in WW2.

User is offline   Sangman 

I, for one, actually think it looks kinda cool.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

C'mon, illegal? That has no power in fan community.

You can't create something and expect that it will always have your credits. Does the skin packs from ZDaemon DooM show up a "this sprite is created by" line? No, and there are thousands of sprites around there. That is something that happen.

And I don't think that who spend so many time creating a model would be that offended as it being used as a skin for a random game...

User is offline   corpy 

Duke is related to Billy Blaze (Commander Keen), and his grandfather or something was Blazkowicz I think.

O_O Rly?
DUKE IS MY HERO AND SAME AS BLAZKOWICZ

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostIlovefoxes, on Sep 25 2009, 04:46 AM, said:

C'mon, illegal? That has no power in fan community.

You can't create something and expect that it will always have your credits. Does the skin packs from ZDaemon DooM show up a "this sprite is created by" line? No, and there are thousands of sprites around there. That is something that happen.

And I don't think that who spend so many time creating a model would be that offended as it being used as a skin for a random game...

While I agree to some extent, I don't think you've ever made a model for the HRP so I don't think you're one to say "it's stupid to be bothered by copyright infringement".

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postcorpy, on Sep 25 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

O_O Rly?
DUKE IS MY HERO AND SAME AS BLAZKOWICZ

Yeah, I forget exactly, most of the early Apogee/id/3D Realms characters have some sort of relationship.

User is offline   corpy 

Sad, game developers wont make characters to have connect to some other game character in today games.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostSangman, on Sep 25 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

I don't think you've ever made a model for the HRP
If that was so I wouldn't start the phrase with "I think".

View PostSangman, on Sep 25 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

so I don't think you're one to say "it's stupid to be bothered by copyright infringement".
It doesn't even matter.

The only reason why this question comes up is because the HRP forums used to be on 3DRealms forums where moderators says "omg illegol".

As it isn't anymore, there are just a bunch of fans creating fan work.

And all I can say: be glad if someone copy your work, it means you did a good job. Be worried if it never gets copied!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options