Duke4.net Forums: 99% of user maps dont work on eduke - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

99% of user maps dont work on eduke  "only gotten two working so far - maps from multiple sites"

User is offline   Aralox 

Hey there, I've been playing alot of duke lately with my brother, and we were kinda getting bored of the same old maps.
So i decided to download a bunch from various sites (http://www.save-now.com/cfc/maps/, http://membres.lycos...3d/emapdkm.htm)
But for some reason, only two maps (!HEAT! and Cross, from the first website (cfc) ) work.
Whenever i select another map, the user map spot just stays blank, and starting the game just starts it in whatever campaign map is selected.

I really hope there is a solution to this problem,
Thanks, Aralox

PS: i have searched the forums

User is online   blizzart 

Hm, the links don´t seem to work.
Do the maps come along with own cons or art files which you didn´t put in the directory of the maps?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Pardon? All you need to do is place the user map in your Duke3D directory, run EDuke32, select "USER MAP" from the menu, pick the file and play. Make sure to unzip the files first.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostAralox, on Sep 22 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

Whenever i select another map, the user map spot just stays blank, and starting the game just starts it in whatever campaign map is selected.
Sounds like you replaced user.con or something. Try deleting any *.con from your directory.

User is offline   Aralox 

Sorry about the late-ish reply, i wasnt getting mail notifications

TX, thats exactly what i've done - The maps work fine in single player - my brother had his maps in different directories though, whereas i had mine just in the duke folder. I moved his maps into the root folder, and now all the maps work! (i feel noob =P)

Thanks for the help guys

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Especially that Eduke allow you to choose sub-directories an open maps there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options