Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Fallout City Idea - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Fallout City Idea  "A fallout mod"

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

Let me first explain I am creating a fallout mod for duke nukem and I need some help picking 3 cities anyone have a idea because right now I am thinking Tokyo?

Pics are here:http://www.amcwebforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8207.msg219891#new

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Isometric sprites don't look good in FPS's. Your guns aren't really that good either. Why did you wash out the SMG?

Well it might not be fps it might be Isometric and the smg was a glitch that happened when I put it in dukeres for some reason.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why do you have HUD weapons then if it'll be isometric? I wouldn't really post shots of something thats screwed up.

To get this clear:
Ideas are Try to make it isometric player might be able to choose through isometric or fps.
3-4 cities will be involved. old fashned background music like in fallout 3. lots of enemies. enemies are met at thier own inviroments. more to think of...

nobody has a city idea?? :o

User is offline   Sangman 

Why do you need people to come up with ideas on what to put in a city?

Some steps to facilitate your creative process:

1) Go outside
2) Go to your nearest city
3) Look around, explore stuff
4) Now imagine it after nuclear bombs have gone off everywhere

View PostSangman, on Sep 20 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

Why do you need people to come up with ideas on what to put in a city?

Not what to put in a city I want like city names or place names. you know too see what people want in this.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 20 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

Not what to put in a city I want like city names or place names. you know too see what people want in this.

The Wasteland, Washington D.C.?

I will use that as a last resort since it has already been done.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

if you guys want to test the beta out here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bc2553e...04e75f6e8ebb871

Be sure to look at the test level too :o

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 21 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

if you guys want to test the beta out here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bc2553e...04e75f6e8ebb871

Be sure to look at the test level too ;)

What the fuck is this shit?

I thought the DTA Alpha was bad but this takes that cake. No offense but this is crap, and IMO the only way your going to see it is if you are told plain out right and simple.

1. Your so called Beta install has .cfg files in it. Why do you do this? I don't want to play that game in 800x600 Windowed and you use all the wrong setup than I would use.

2. Your "test level" is shit because it uses the Duke Space texture and the player dies as soon as the map loads. (n00b mapping)

3. All this is so far is a weapons texture replacement mod and a few enemy's with higher health points and nothing else, also the machine gun looks disgusting get rid of that shit

Like I said on AMC, STOP MAKING THREADS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING DECENT TO SHOW.

A few edited textures is not anything decent, any one can do that. :o

This post has been edited by The Commander: 20 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

What The Commander is trying to say is that you doesn't have enough experience for creating a basic map or mod, and you keep creating threads with too much idealism. =/

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey your idea is cool :o but if i where you, you should look at other map like ruins and decay these have a fallout kind of design. Building destroyed city's isn't that hard just use your imagination do what you can. ;) find info from games and movies and locations!

-Ruin-
http://msdn.duke4.net/dmruin.shtml

-Decay-
http://msdn.duke4.net/hotdecay.shtml

If you can get your skills up i can help provide you models ;)

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 21 2009, 12:18 AM, said:

What the fuck is this shit?

For some sick reason I am getting a kick out of this ;)
But hell if people on the fallout forums say it is promising hell I am doing this.
Depperthought,sang, and many others say it is a good idea I am trying to bring this out as far as posable. The so called beta of mine is the earliest you can get into this. a few edited textures, once again the ealiest proccess of this project actually I didnt even supply the full package (for certain reasons) for you guys.
Hell this whole thing might be scrapped and be restarted? :o

I say again and again I have pleanty of epeirence I could recreate dukeplus if I could but I am very slow on stuff and fixing things.

If you can get your skills up i can help provide you models

That sounds great! ;)
I am thinking of expanding my knowledge just for this! I think I can make this very close to wgrealms 2 (Feature wise).

User is offline   Sangman 

Yeah, I did say it's a fun idea. Didn't say anything about the actual things you were showing.

But based on the evolution, going from simply idea threads to simply idea threads with some simple stuff already made, you should be having simple idea threads with modest (meaning acceptable) work done. :o

Fallout forums (I guess NMA) are pretty irrelevant because most of those people suck the cock of anything that has to do with the original Fallouts I bet.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 21 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

View PostSangman, on Sep 21 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

Yeah, I did say it's a fun idea.

Yeah and noticed how I said Depperthought,sang, and many others say it is a good idea I am trying to bring this out as far as posable in my last post :o
Hell I didnt prove anything yet and already I am being bombed!
no pun intended.
And also why are you guys hating the test level oh yeah mabey because it is not a actual level and a small QUICK test stage for sprites and posters. ;)

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 21 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Most people on forums are cock suckers, who will kiss ass to anyone. Guys like Commander and myself generally could care less about what other people think of what we say. The point is you should spend some time on it and actually produce SOMETHING, before you go spouting off about your project. William Gee didn't post a thread talking about HOW WGR2 would look, no, he gave us pictures of what it DOES look like, and that's just an example. I've seen countless threads of this type come into existence, and I can think of few that have ever come into fruition.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 21 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Just as an offhand comment, in development you usually start with a proof of concept/pre-alpha, and work that into an alpha (which, the pre-alpha/proof of concept can be the alpha itself depending on what you've accomplished), and then go into beta as you're beginning to finalize things.

http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 21 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

The point is you should spend some time on it and actually produce SOMETHING, before you go spouting off about your project.

Well the reason I do this is so I dont waste my time. If I create a waterpark level and worked day and night on it then released it and no one cared for it then I will hate myslef for working that hard on a project that was usless.
Anyways I tested my skills for a apocolyptic building and this is what it turned out like:
Map Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?djmih0qj1uj
Map pics: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...lm3&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...z5g&thumb=5
If you download the map only FOCUS ON THE BUILDING!

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 21 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 21 2009, 03:10 PM, said:

Well the reason I do this is so I dont waste my time. If I create a waterpark level and worked day and night on it then released it and no one cared for it then I will hate myslef for working that hard on a project that was usless.

So to avoid that fate, you show stuff that very little work has gone into, therefore guaranteeing that no one will care for it. Makes perfect sense.

OK fine to stop the argument the next post will have me saying ALOT has got done the first world is created all new weapons and new enemies are coded, Is that good enough?? :o

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Guys, guys, I think you're being kinda hard on the new guy here. Nfelli64 clearly wants to do something here. He's got a lot of spunk, let's not shoot him down and turn him into yet another jaded ass, Aye?

Nfelli64,
My advice to you, if you're serious about this fallout idea, is put together a text file, a mission statement. List all the things you want to do, possible ways of going about doing them. Then setup a checklist and get going on the simple stuff. (Say, replacing fonts, getting the rudimentary graphics in place, the basic con changes ready) and then come back with something thats really something of consequence.

If you can do that, I guarentee you, you'll probably get some assitance from others around here. What people are asking for from you is proof that your word is your bond. Many mods start, only a few ever finish, espcially when its new guys like yourself. You got a lot of passion, I can see that, just stick with the idea and get something kicking. All you need do is look back at places like dukeworld.com and totalconversions.com on Archive.org, and you can see the dozens and dozens of ambitious projects that never saw even a demo release. You gotta have a lot of personal determination and willingness to stick it out. Not to mention willing to learn and adapt. :o

lol @ if your serious make a txt file.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostWilliam Gee, on Sep 21 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

lol @ if your serious make a txt file.

I dont see what's so funny about planning things out.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Hell, people here blamming Nfelli64 looks more like trolls. :/

But Nfelli64, doesn't take that serious on that project if the idea is the biggest thing of it. That's something no one should do.

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 21 2009, 04:53 PM, said:

I could recreate dukeplus if I could
Uh?

This post has been edited by Ilovefoxes: 21 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

The only reason I'm coming across as more of an asshole this time is because he was told nicely and kindly in his so called Duke Nukem Total Meltdown idea thread that idea threads are useless and not to make them unless he has something to actually show.
Not just a few changed textures and such. Which he clearly did not take on board as he made this thread the next day.

What new "mod idea" thread will you make next week Nfelli64?

As people have pointed out, you need to take a very good hard look at the first post of WG Realms 2.
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...t=0&start=0

Notice how they actually have game play and proper features to show instead of just a crappy test map and a few changed textures.

I was once like you MANY years ago (DukeNukemCenter.com) and learned the hard way about making crappy mod idea threads, safe yourself any more ridicule by only posting when you have something worthy of showing and not just some fail mod. (Points to WGR 2 thread again...)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 21 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 21 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

As people have pointed out, you need to take a very good hard look at the first post of WG Realms 2.
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...t=0&start=0

Notice how they actually have game play and proper features to show instead of just a crappy test map and a few changed textures.

Yeah, but WG had started a thread at the AMC forum quite a while before that when the TC was in a much more primitive state. But he had a proven track record as a level designer, so no one really doubted his ability to pull it off (even if it was obvious to me that he was in dire need of a coder).

It's funny to look at that teaser trailer and see how much has been changed/added in the last four months. Anyone playing it would know it was the same game, but the difference is dramatic.

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 21 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

I was once like you MANY years ago (DukeNukemCenter.com) and learned the hard way about making crappy mod idea threads, safe yourself any more ridicule by only posting when you have something worthy of showing and not just some fail mod.

You sound very cocky for someone who, over these MANY years, has only managed to release one demo (correct me if I'm wrong, of course).

User is offline   Hellbound 

It's funny for me how people understand 'Beta version'. BETA is almost finished game with some polishing and bugfixing needed. All content like maps/gfx/sound/shit is DONE.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options