Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Fallout City Idea - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Fallout City Idea  "A fallout mod"

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 22 2009, 01:10 AM, said:

Well the reason I do this is so I dont waste my time. If I create a waterpark level and worked day and night on it then released it and no one cared for it then I will hate myslef for working that hard on a project that was usless.
Anyways I tested my skills for a apocolyptic building and this is what it turned out like:
Map Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?djmih0qj1uj
Map pics: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...lm3&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...z5g&thumb=5
If you download the map only FOCUS ON THE BUILDING!

Eh, why would you post something like that? The "building" is just a square with a few curved surfaces. Why would anyone be even remotely interested in seeing it?

You're just seeking attention, and while doing it you're wasting everyone's time.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostCommando Nukem, on Sep 21 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

Guys, guys, I think you're being kinda hard on the new guy here. Nfelli64 clearly wants to do something here. He's got a lot of spunk, let's not shoot him down and turn him into yet another jaded ass, Aye?

Thank you for being one of the constructive voices in this thread. :o

I've been where this guy is, and as someone who's had ideas but little help, I know how bad it seems. Push on and you'll get progress. Don't post about every little thing. Take Commando Nukem's advice and plan things out first.

Write a document on what you want to get done, and set milestones for yourself. "Version" yourself. Since you're doing a mod based on Fallout, I'm of course assuming that a document would be useful anyway, considering the involved nature of the Fallout games. Establish where you want the game to take place. It's a game, afterall, so you don't have to base it on a real location. Establish what you want there. Hell, if you want ideas and directions, I can help you in that area, but I can't really do much more than that right now.

But don't let that be the only thing you work on. You have to actually work on the assets, too, otherwise you'll burn yourself out just documenting it. Again, I know how that goes. If you need help, go out and ask people. There are people who will help with pretty much anything if you can find who to ask. Somehow I doubt you have maps, textures, CON, sounds and models all in your skillset.

As a Fallout fan, I think it'd be cool to see a Fallout 3 type mod. Don't let the little things discourage you.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDeeperThought, on Sep 22 2009, 03:03 AM, said:

Yeah, but WG had started a thread at the AMC forum quite a while before that when the TC was in a much more primitive state. But he had a proven track record as a level designer, so no one really doubted his ability to pull it off (even if it was obvious to me that he was in dire need of a coder).

It's funny to look at that teaser trailer and see how much has been changed/added in the last four months. Anyone playing it would know it was the same game, but the difference is dramatic.

You sound very cocky for someone who, over these MANY years, has only managed to release one demo (correct me if I'm wrong, of course).

You doubt Commander's cockiness? :o
Commander is right however, if you have a track record, sure idea threads are alright, to an extent. However, some nub out the blue creating 2 idea threads in like a weeks time. Each time posting mediocre quasi-alphas, it just doesn't sit right. Its a waste of his time, and our time. Honestly, I really recommend this guy makes a map before a mod.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 23 2009, 04:20 AM, said:

You doubt Commander's cockiness? ;)

Oh come on my track record is perfect.

Failed Total Recall mod. (Can't find any trace of this on the net now thank god)
C&C TC (Source Files are out there but Geoff's work on it was the best)
DTA Alpha & Beta, (Beta should be in between Alpha & Beta stages)
Dukes Nightmare

How could you possibly doubt me? :o

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

anyways what would you guys think of isometric?
Also can it be possible to make it turn based? And The official beta will be released somewhere in or around halloween since, yes the first world is done the wepons are 50% done the enemies are getting done today, coding is 30% done and that will be done on oct-14
and I opologize for making TWO idea threads. yes I know idea threads are dum but The TM mod was a HUGE disaster and I just moved on...

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 02 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

Does anyone know how to do quick travel? Mabey just like in fallout 3 when you bring up your pip boy you can quick travel?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options