Duke4.net Forums: Blood Dosbox Launcher For Xp and Vista - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood Dosbox Launcher For Xp and Vista

Skulldog. While I was looking at The Postmortem's How To: One Unit Whole Blood with DOSBox. This caught my eye a/b Status Cruo's recommended settings for an authentic look/feel.

fulldouble=true
fullresolution=original
output=ddraw
machine=svga_s3
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=none

I've noticed that the DOSBox launchers don't have fulldouble, aspect, and frameskip tabs. If possible will all 4 Build Launchers include these options?

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 22 November 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Skulldog. While I was looking at The Postmortem's How To: One Unit Whole Blood with DOSBox. This caught my eye a/b Status Cruo's recommended settings for an authentic look/feel.

fulldouble=true
fullresolution=original
output=ddraw
machine=svga_s3
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=none

I've noticed that the DOSBox launchers don't have fulldouble, aspect, and frameskip tabs. If possible will all 4 Build Launchers include these options?

Double Buffering checkbox is for fulldouble, and Keep aspect ratio checkbox is for aspect. Just need framskip.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 23 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hey Skulldog. I just took a look at GOG Blood's dosboxBlood.conf. And I noticed the fullresolution=desktop. "Desktop" looks like an unique option that other DOS Build launchers don't have.

Also can you add an "cycles" tab that you can type "max" in? That launchers also lack. Never mind.

I'm trying to get the chocking hands off of me and they're impossible to get off on Well Done difficulty. I've heard that it has something to do w/ the framerate and/or settings. Any recommended settings on how to fix the Well Done chocking hands?

UPDATE: Did a fresh install of GOG OWUBlood. While in the settings. I left the 'Screen Settings' alone. By doing so it eased on getting the chocking hands off in Well Done.

UPDATE2: Good News! I found how to fix the Choking Hand bug in Well Done difficulty! In the Options tab. Set both the Windows Resolution & Blood.cfg Resolution tabs to 800x600! :blink:

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 13 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Should I make a menu item for Fullresolution with Desktop, Original, and 0X0?

View PostSkulldog, on 13 February 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Should I make a menu item for Fullresolution with Desktop, Original, and 0X0?

Give it a shot and see where it goes from here. Add "Desktop" option to the Window Resolution tab along w/ 0x0, original, 640x480, 800x600, 1600x900 and so on. I'm good w/ my setup & the options for now I think.

Hmm. According to the sdl parameters in the DOSbox wiki. These options look confusing to me

fullresolution = width x height | original | desktop Scale the application to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling (i.e. any output other than surface). Original is the game's default or chosen (through setup.exe or in-game menu) resolution. If original resolution is less than desktop resolution, DOSBox will switch the screen resolution to the closest match requested by the game or application. For example, if a game in DOSBox is requesting a graphics screen resolution of (320 x 240) while your desktop is (1920 x 1200), DosBox will switch to (320x240) or the next highest resolution supported by your GPU drivers, e.g. (800 x 600) if the former is not available. Many games will be below the minimum resolution supported by modern video cards, so DosBox will scale the game up to at least that minimum. Note: the scaler setting under [render] is also able to scale up the original resolution to some degree. Those changes are performed before any additional scaling done with fullresolution setting. Default is original. (since 0.62)

windowresolution = width x height | original | desktop Scale the window to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling (i.e. any output other than surface). Original is the game's default or chosen (through setup.exe or in-game menu) resolution. Note: the scaler setting under [render] is also able to scale up the original resolution to some degree. Those changes are performed before any scaling done with windowresolution setting. Default is original. (since 0.62)

Another thing. I think I've pinpointed the cause Blood Launcher window bug on my laptop. Under the Display options in the Apperance and Personalization under Control Panel. My Desktop is set to Smaller 100% while my laptop is set to medium 125%. That's whats causing the extra grey for Blood.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Found a problem. Sometimes when I exit Blood while testing the settings on how to fix the choking hand bug and at the same time minimizing any hiccups to the game. The Launcher window minimizes rather than on screen. So I had to click the icon on the bar to bring the window back up again. Happens on the other launchers too while I was testing out settings.

UPDATE. Oh and check this out Skulldog: http://dukertcm.com/...-dosboxemu.html

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 February 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Found a problem. Sometimes when I exit Blood while testing the settings on how to fix the choking hand bug and at the same time minimizing any hiccups to the game. The Launcher window minimizes rather than on screen. So I had to click the icon on the bar to bring the window back up again. Happens on the other launchers too while I was testing out settings.

UPDATE. Oh and check this out Skulldog: http://dukertcm.com/...-dosboxemu.html

Already found and fix that problem. Working on that gray thing now.

Gray display problem fixed on Main menu, and Options menu. :blink:

Added Fullresolution control in options menu.

Anything else?

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 16 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostSkulldog, on 16 February 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Already found and fix that problem. Working on that gray thing now.

Gray display problem fixed on Main menu, and Options menu. :blink:

Added Fullresolution control in options menu.

Anything else?

Try testing out the getting choking hands off, under Well Done difficulty; experimenting the settings that'll won't cause the game to have any very short pauses or low framerate. Go to E3M3: Raw Sewage. You'll find the hands down the stairs from the start. I know they'll get off easy in 'Overlay'. As for the others in 'OpenGL' and 'OpenGLNB' They're impossible to get off. Trying to find the suitable DOSBox settings that's hiccup-free.

Oh. I tried to download that Version 5.5 and the file doesn't exist or something.

UPDATE: Check out D-Fender: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

UPDATE 2 Forgot to add that I experimented w/ the choking hands at 800x600 resolution.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 18 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hi,

first : Thank you for this beautifull software !

Second : i ve a little issue.

I try to play at "blood" with a friend of mine by hamachi using. (i ve tried with Tunggle but there is a mini-firewall in).

Everything is ok but :

- when we are in game, we heard only the "midi music", not "Cd music".
- The music's volume is "locked" at the maximum. The utilisation of the "volume music setting" inside the game doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.

I'll look into it.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

If it's the CD music, it's an issue with DOSBox. Using this (or any of the newer official revisions) fixes that issue:
http://www.the-postm...d_in_dosbox/36/

View PostDaedolon, on 01 March 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

If it's the CD music, it's an issue with DOSBox. Using this (or any of the newer official revisions) fixes that issue:
http://www.the-postm...d_in_dosbox/36/

Thanks, I forgot about that. In Options menu you can check the box called Dosbox 74.01 and that switches over to the dosbox version that fixed the Music problems in game.

Thank you for your help but the issue still there :s

This version of Dosbox fix the "none looping music" issue, not the "no cd music in multiplayer mode" issue. :-s

If cd music can play in multiplayer I will fix.

Can you take out the 0x0 in the Window Resolution tab? The 0x0 only belongs in the Full Resolution tab according to the D-Fend Reloaded graphics options. How the progress on the updates to the other launchers?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 16 August 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Skulldog. I found some interesting articles that may improve Blood w/ the resolutions, framerate and so on. Here they are. Have a look and see If you're gonna implement these in your next update to make blood playable in all PCs. Whether it's on desktops and laptops:

http://www.gog.com/e...enhancing_guide
http://www.gog.com/e...esolution_tweak
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:Blood

Before I remove it, do you remember this post.

View PostSkulldog, on 07 March 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

Before I remove it, do you remember this post.

Yes. Now I get it. Keep the 0x0 in the Window Resolution as it is. Now looking forward to the other updated DOSlaunchers. Forgot all a/b it.

Blood got released on Steam. Update time.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 15 July 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Blood got released on Steam. Update time.

Really! Thanks for the news. I will update this weekend.

Added support for Steam Blood: One Unit Whole Blood digital download version.

Blood Dosbox Launcher v5.6 is now Live.

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Found a typo. In the Options tab. The CD Music Volume is misspelled as CD "Mucic" Volume.

BTW do the other launchers (including Blood Launcher) has that BMouse bug? It's won't save the BMouse settings IIRC. I know the Duke Launcher's fixed.

UPDATE: When I uncheck the No Intro box. It doesn't play the Monolith and GT logo. Is it supposed to do that?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 27 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 27 September 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Found a typo. In the Options tab. The CD Music Volume is misspelled as CD "Mucic" Volume.

BTW do the other launchers (including Blood Launcher) has that BMouse bug? It's won't save the BMouse settings IIRC. I know the Duke Launcher's fixed.

UPDATE: When I uncheck the No Intro box. It doesn't play the Monolith and GT logo. Is it supposed to do that?

I will check and fix.

Skulldog. On the GOG.com Forums. The user DustyStyx says that he recommends Taewoong's DOSBox build when playing Blood. He also uses Stixsmaster's method of running Blood. Have you tried it out and experiment it yet? If it performs very well. Will the next version of the BloodDOSBox launcher use that build?

Also can you make an archive of previous versions of Build DOSBox games? If someone doesn't like the next version; he/she can fall back to the previous version just in case like 2.0 to 1.9 if it meets expectations on performace.

IDEA: Two versions of the Blood DOSBox Launcher. 1: Your launcher. 2: The Taewoong's version.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 08 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 October 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Skulldog. On the GOG.com Forums. The user DustyStyx says that he recommends Taewoong's DOSBox build when playing Blood. He also uses Stixsmaster's method of running Blood. Have you tried it out and experiment it yet? If it performs very well. Will the next version of the BloodDOSBox launcher use that build?

That seems very interesting. If someone tries it, please let us know if it works as well as it claims.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 October 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Also can you make an archive of previous versions of Build DOSBox games? If someone doesn't like the next version; he/she can fall back to the previous version just in case like 2.0 to 1.9 if it meets expectations on performace.

IDEA: Two versions of the Blood DOSBox Launcher. 1: Your launcher. 2: The Taewoong's version.

I will try it out this weekend, and see how well it works. Too much work to archive the old version.

User is offline   MetHy 

Well I just tried it and it hardly changes anything for me. I might be getting a SLIGHTLY better framerate, but I still can't go over 800x600 for a smooth 60FPS.

Lot's of people say it does improve things for them though so I'm pretty clueless.

User is offline   supergoofy 

in the dosbox.conf you can select to use the svga_nolfb and surface for output method

alternatively you can run nolfb.com before running the exe

if I remember correctly there choices are included in Blood Dosbox Launcher

also you have to check if your cpu is running at full speed (and is not down-clocked).

in the distant past I had this problem with dosbox, and my cpu was down-locked (low power mode). i think this bug is fixed, or at least it doesn't happen to me anymore.

Opps. Nevermind. I already asked that Taewoong's DOSBox question already. That said, I'm gonna add additional details according to this post: http://www.the-postm...?p=52053#p52053

Blood runs smoothly on 800x600 w/o screen tearing and HUD flickering.

Take your time. No rush.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 29 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Adding Taewoong's DOSBox SVN Daum version with option to enable or disable. :lol:

User is offline   supergoofy 

DOSBox SVN Daum
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

DOSBox-X
https://github.com/j...ell123/dosbox-x
Binaries
https://github.com/j...sbox-x/releases

DOSBox-X is similar to DOSBox SVN Daum

Actually DOSBox SVN Daum is based on DOSBox-X, and DOSBox-X is based on DOSBox SVN Daum, but with differences

DOSBox-X is updated more frequently and you can contact it's author here:
http://www.vogons.or...hp?f=41&t=31881

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options