Duke4.net Forums: eduke32 question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke32 question

User is offline   adam 

i have eduke32 and all my HRP stuff and various .grp files in one directory. i then set up batch files to run each game or addon or mod. i had to do this rather then using the autoload directory since, for example, duke Caribbean with its HRP needs to be loaded in a specific file order. this was working fine until i noticed a small annoyance. after running the dukeplus mod, which uses '-game_dir dukeplus' in the command line, eduke32 now defaults to having the 'dukeplus' custom directory in the selection box. so when i run a regular duke game or duke DC or Caribbean, etc i have to unselect 'dukeplus' and set it to 'none' or it tries to load things it shouldnt, obviously. so then i tried telling each other mod to load '-game_dir .' without really thinking about it and in that case it tried to load everything in the 'current' directory, every .grp and every HRP pack, and gummed it all up. i looked all over the forum and wiki for a way to set the game_dir to none, or null, or something like that. OR to tell dukeplus to use its directory without leaving it as the default selection for the next time eduke32 is called. i coudlnt find much on command line parameters. so i apologize if theres a big sticky posting about how this is done that i went right past. i would like to be able to get each game to work seamlessly so i can uncheck "always show screen at startup" without fear. i'm all about instant gratification, one click launches. anyone know the seemingly simple thing i'm doing wrong?

Open your EDuke32.CFG fil in Notepad (Or another text editor) - search for the line ModDir - it shoule look a lot like this if DukePlus is always selected;

ModDir = "DukePlus"

change it to

ModDir = "/"

Then save the file and fire up EDuke, that should fix it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options