Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 8bits fullscreen NO 16:9 proportion - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 8bits fullscreen NO 16:9 proportion

User is offline   Gambini 

So, well. Sometime ago i bought a new widescreen monitor and now i want to use Mapster32 again. The map in which i was working on is an 8bits map, so i´m building it with the 3d mode in 8bits to be sure that everything looks as it should look in-game. Here is where the problem comes:

If i start mapster32 in fullscreen i can use different resolutions from 3d to 2d but with the first i have a stretched image, and it´s a problem at the moment of constructing a map, because the height proportion is wrong this way.

If i start mapster windowed i can´t find a resolution that matches my needs, i can use 3d mode in 1280x1024 that is perfeclty okay since it uses the most of the screen height and keeps the original proportion BUT in 2d mode i can´t find a good resolution to work with, because back in the time with the old monitor i used to work on it in 800x600 that happens to have a very good balance between definition and zoom, so if now i put 800x600 i have a tiny unusefull window and if i set a higher resolution the zoom keeps being not powerful enough to work in small details.

Since almost everybody uses now widescreen what i would suggest is either making the 2d mode zoom way more powerfull and the sprite´s and wall´s labels bigger (for using windowed mode) or adding some feature in order to have a 8bits 3d mode that doesn´t stretch the image (to use fullscreen). Or at least an option to make the user able to use 2d in fullscreen and 3d mode windowed; or even better and launching mapster32 as two different windows, one for 3d mode and the other for 2d mode, so the user can switch them either from the desktop or using the keypad enter.

Hope it makes some sense, it´s a big deal for me because right now i can´t find a choice that works for me, and i wish i could finish that map someday.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Well, if you remember the original Duke 3D used a 8:5 resolution, and that's why I am against that Eduke32 option for widescreen =P (widescreen is way closer to 320x200).

Whatever, you should use windowed mode cause it works better.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm not against a wide screen OPTION, as long as it literally increases the view, and doesn't just stretch the screen or decrease the view. I believe Zdoom does it like this. I have a big square monitor, and so I'd very much appreciate it being an option if such a thing was implemented.

I would be sufficed with a 150% zoomed image for the 2d mode and the tiles browser. Using windowed mode of course.

We want solutions!

Posted Image

I´m talking to YOU TX!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

helixhorned added zooming to the lastest SVN, as per your request.

Yeah, thanks. Somebody told me about it, still waiting for my binaries provider´s link :blink:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostGambini, on Sep 3 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

Yeah, thanks. Somebody told me about it, still waiting for my binaries provider´s link :blink:

Don't be lazy and compile it your self. :D

User is offline   Stabs 

would be a nice bonus if wall / floor aligned sprites didnt vanish when you zoom in too, other than that the zoom is working fine, its alot easier editing at the smallest grid size.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Gambini, about the proportion problem: m32-script has BUILD's "setaspect" exposed (see the wiki). I don't know which values are supposed to be the definite ones, so some experimentation may be needed.
Short instructions: see a.m32... you'll also need to enable EVENT_ENTER3DMODE with "enableevent ENTER3DMODE" in the OSD; then you can try using different values with "do set davr ??? set dayx ???".

Btw, do you really have a 16:9 monitor? :o

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options