Duke4.net Forums: About eDuke32 ROR - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

About eDuke32 ROR

User is offline   m210® 

Where it is possible to esteem about SE40-46 at Polymer revision 1489? May be it is more then SE46?
I want to make ROR sector, (e1m1 of blood) it doesn't work arround ROR sector, I'm used SE 41 at upper sector and SE40 at lower sector.

User is online   zykov eddy 

Eduke 32 ROR is a lame, and not acting like in Blood or Shadow warrior.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 26 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postzykov eddy, on Aug 26 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

Eduke 32 ROR is a lame, and not acting like in Blood or Shadow warrior.

Ah, yes, the old "I don't know how to use something so I'll just say it sucks" mentality.

M210: what kind of help do you need? There's only an SE40, SE41, and SE46. SE40 and SE41 are used to link the two ROR sectors together, obviously, and SE46 is used to tag other sectors as sectors which should not have their heights tampered with when drawing them through ROR. There shouldn't be too much more you need to know other than the obvious stuff you would notice in the example map... the SE in the bottom ROR sector should be on the ceiling and the SE on the top should be on the floor, etc. There's also the issue of how far off the ceiling or floor the SE is, which determines the size of the overlapped zone seen in the ROR in the demo map.

User is offline   Chip 

seen in the ROR in the demo map.

Are you refering to the water map that came with the latest public build? (which then was pulled off the site due to crashing and audio issues)
Otherwise I guess this is another polymer only thing.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTX, on Aug 27 2009, 01:27 AM, said:

Ah, yes, the old "I don't know how to use something so I'll just say it sucks" mentality.

M210: what kind of help do you need? There's only an SE40, SE41, and SE46. SE40 and SE41 are used to link the two ROR sectors together, obviously, and SE46 is used to tag other sectors as sectors which should not have their heights tampered with when drawing them through ROR. There shouldn't be too much more you need to know other than the obvious stuff you would notice in the example map... the SE in the bottom ROR sector should be on the ceiling and the SE on the top should be on the floor, etc. There's also the issue of how far off the ceiling or floor the SE is, which determines the size of the overlapped zone seen in the ROR in the demo map.

About water.map - That ROR works with one sector only.
What about SE42-44, it was worked at old versions of eduke32. It was switch-off?
zykov eddy,
Spoiler

This post has been edited by M210: 27 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostM210, on Aug 28 2009, 02:21 AM, said:

zykov eddy,
Spoiler

Переводчик

This post has been edited by The Commander: 27 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

You need a translator ? I just translated it and it says "Dude, it's a matter of time." Could be wrong as the one I used is crappy :/

IMO, it is better to wait for the finalized ROR than to use it the way it is now. Be patient :blink:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

No, I know what it said. I think it's just that M210 doesn't relise that other people do know what he said. :blink:

User is offline   Stabs 

i think that new RoR only works in polymost at the moment and NOT polymer, nfi how polymer RoR will work, if it needs SE effects and such.

hell atm iam happy enough with the new SoS, totally changed the way i can do levels now, there are no excuses, you should be able to do multi story buildings with windows now, its just really hard to manage joining and deleting sectors tho when heaps of floors are stacked.

User is offline   Chip 

its just really hard to manage joining and deleting sectors tho when heaps of floors are stacked.

Just start with the upper section connection (be it a hallway or what) then drag the last 2 points away from the rest of the map and build there so they're still connected to each other but not on top of each other. Then once you've completed building those floors, move them back over to each other. I've had no problems with this.

User is offline   Stabs 

yeh i do that stuff but its more of a workaround for a problem

if the cursor is on a line that is flashing that is the sector it should be working from, seems to be related to more if the cursor is just in the sector.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options