Duke4.net Forums: Team Fortress 2 - It's Alive! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Fortress 2 - It's Alive!

User is offline   Halcyon 

Wow, great way to start a day. When reading the notes of the newest CONCERNED COMIC, I stumbled over this:

"So, apparently -- apparently -- Team Fortress 2 is going to ship with HL2: Episode 2. Which is crazy. Crazy! Could they really have been working on it all this time? What does it even look like now? Is it still going to be the same sort of game we thought it would be back in 1999? I mean, it was sort of looking like what Battlefield Two turned out to be."

I thought I was dreaming. Then I checked some other gaming site and it's true - Valve is finally releasing Team Fortress 2. Man, I'm so happy about this. I've preordered Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem Forever back in 2000 on exactly the same day, so I'm glad that at least the first one finally comes out. Now 3D Realms just needs to announce a releasedate for DNF and I'm the happiest man on this planet. :)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

I hope you'll get episode two for your TF2 pre-order.

User is offline   avatar_58 

Check out the artwork:

http://www.shacknews...article.x/42915

I heard there will be a Portal puzzle game shipped with it as well. This gives me "Oh no! Id Software borrowed the gravity gun!" flashbacks :)

Cerberus_e, on Jul 14 2006, 06:56 PM, said:

I heard there will be a Portal puzzle game shipped with it as well. This gives me "Oh no! Id Software borrowed the gravity gun!" flashbacks :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to admit its awfully convenient since Prey was barely released a few days ago. B)

Cool Artwork. Somehow this remembers me of the "Toy Story" movies, only with more guns. :)

Oh my god, I just saw the Portal video :)
This is what I expected Prey to be, and it disappointed me on so many levels. If Portal is anything like the trailer promises the game to be, then I can't wait until one of my friends buys Episode Two B)

The TF2 video kicks all sorts of ass. I'm hyped for this game and I basically didn't give the HL1 version much time at all. The general style is just that good, lets hope they make enough changes to the gameplay to make it worth playing. I need some good online games anyway :)

Well between portal, ep2 and tf2 I'd say its worth shelling out $20 for.

After all this years, I wouldn't have expected to pay only half the price for Team Fortress 2 and get another two games for free in addition. Valve knows how to keep their customers at it. The new video for Team Fortress 2 looks great.

It's definitely not what I expected when I pre-ordered the game many years ago, but I don't care. The final result counts, and this seems to be very promising.

Don't forget you can't order one of the games seperately, so those that are not interested in Team Fortress 2 or Portal are hoosed.
Or an even better example: someone that is interested in the Portal puzzle game is forced to buy Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode Two as well even if it means jack shit to them :)

But Portal is probably going to be very short, I predict it's going to be shorter than Episode Two, even.

Cerberus_e, on Jul 20 2006, 02:45 PM, said:

Don't forget you can't order one of the games seperately, so those that are not interested in Team Fortress 2 or Portal are hoosed.
Or an even better example: someone that is interested in the Portal puzzle game is forced to buy Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode Two as well even if it means jack shit to them :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm, i don't think this is a disadvantage. For example, if I would only be interested in Team Fotress 2, I would still be happy to get the game for only 20$. I could easily ignore the other two games in the package.

I also think that Portal won't be very long, though.

I hope the trailer didn't show all cool stuff :)
Knowing Valve, that will be the case.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options